Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did one year “trial” contracts with the new girls, and given how outspoken Leomie was about the show being cancelled, she might have sealed her fate when it came to renewal time. :idk: 

I looked it up and they were announced in April 2019, so the year mark just passed. (Also they could have signed sooner than that, who knows.) 

Congratulations to them!!

She's one of my least favorite Angels; I don't care for her body and she sounded robotic promoting VS stuff. Her face is gorgeous, though.  I liked her HF work.  She was not right for VS, but she was definitely right for runway and editorials. 

Her and Erin were my two least favorite spokesmodels for VS, although I loved Erin as an Angel because I think she perfectly fit the part physically. She also sounded robotic when she spoke on behalf of VS, like she just memorized when she was supposed to say without any emotion or enthusiasm. 

Lily and Behati were my favorite in terms of speaking/promoting VS. They were also two of my all time favorite Angels. 

If anyone cares to answer, who were your favorite and least favorite Angels when it came to being a spokesmodel?

^ Good question! I think the key to being a good spokesmodel is not only having the right look, but also having the right personality. Confidence is key.

My favorite VS spokesmodel, by far, was Tyra. She had one of the best personalities ever for a VS model in my opinion; she was the perfect combination of sexiness & confidence with a fun, playful outgoing-ness at the same time. That's why people were so drawn to her and the VS brand back in the day. She was absolutely perfect for a brand like VS and helped put in on the map. I also loved Adriana as a spokesmodel because of the exoticness of her look/persona; she just oozed sultriness and womanly confidence which was exactly what the VS brand was originally about. She also had a quirky, goofy side which I loved as well. Heidi, Gisele and Behati also had really fun personalities, which I think made them great spokesmodels as well.

Out of all the current & new angels, I think Barbara is the most promising as a spokesmodel because she definitely seems to have that fun, outgoing personality that draws people in (even if the brand is struggling these days).

My least favorite spokesmodel (in terms of speaking & promoting) was definitely Candice because, like I've said before, she just didn't have the personality for VS. She didn't have the same confidence or outgoing-ness that Tyra and them did. I always thought she had the personality of a shy, awkward schoolgirl when she would speak, not a confident self-assured VS model. Of course she had a great body for VS, but beyond that she's quite boring as a person, and that doesn't make for a good spokesmodel for any brand.

I also didn't care for Erin, Lily, Karlie and Selita as spokesmodels, as well as most of the current angels, because like Candice I just found them quite boring. Idk. I'm all about personality I guess. Having a good personality + confidence is the key to being a good spokesmodel/representative for a brand because it's how you draw people in and make them wanna buy the product & support the brand. If you don't have that, then people won't be as interested in the brand as a whole. 

Edit: Just found this old video of Gisele promoting a VS fragrance for men. This is the kind of confidence and outgoing personality that makes for a great spokesmodel.

My favorite spokespersons have been Gisele, Adriana, Karolina and Marisa, they all looked confident and the right amount of excited for the product they were trying to sell, mind you I am 100% sure none of these women would use a VS fragrance in their real life but they made you feel like they totally were doing it. Lily has also always been great doing press, same for Lindsay and Rosie. From the newer girls I'd say Elsa and Martha but probably neither of them will go down in history as the most memorable Angels ever thanks to the shitty handling VS did for both of them (and all the other NA).

My least favorites have been Chanel, Jasmine and Josephine because they come across as fake to me, like they are trying so hard to make you believe they look the kool-aid they are selling but there's always just something off with them, Candice has also always given me the impression that she rather be doing anything else than selling VS crap and while I think she is stunning and I like her in everything else, I've always hated most of her VS related interviews. Then there's Erin who always looked bored to death :rofl: and then there's Lais and Kate who basically, are/were never really used for press so it's hard to have anything good to say about them.

I feel like Lindsay, Lily, Heidi and Gisele were the best, although Lily's voice was a bit to goaty for my taste. they amde you think they belived what they said. Adriana's accent gets on my nerves, so does Candice's personality. Chanel was really bad. I remember there was a video of her that was kind of a gag reel of her trying to remember her lines for some V-Day promo.

Thanks for all the replies! Those are some great observations and I enjoyed reading what you guys think about the spokesmodels. I agree that Candice (who is one my all time favorites) wasn't very good at promoting. I think Miranda is my favorite. Adriana seemed fun and entertaing, but yes her accent got on my nerves. Lily was another one who was excellent for it! She knew what she was saying and she made it fun and not robotic. The worst was Erin. I loved her pictures for VS, but she was the worst spokesperson. Rosie did a great job as well. 

22 hours ago, uberglasses said:

Miranda was such a great spokesperson for the brand. She gave off a flirty vibe that worked. Gisele, Karolina, and Adriana all had that extra spark of goddess vibes that made the brand feel lux at the time.

I loved Miranda as a spokesmodel and as an Angel (and as a regular model, she is just one of my all time favorites!), so I definitely have to agree with you that she was excellent. I never cared for how Gisele, Karolina, and Adriana looked and I never liked their VS work (some of Gisele's and Adriana's swim work was good, but I didn't like anything else), but I definitely think they were awesome at interviews and promotions. They were entertaining, had great personalities, and knew what they were selling and how to sell it. 

But for me, Miranda, Lily, Barbara, Rosie and Behati are my top Angels in the spokesperson category, but also in the all around best Angel category.  It sucks that Candice wasn't too good at interviews because she is soooo pretty and I would love to have had more interviews with her that I could actually sit through and not turn off halfway lol

Popping in here to check on the following few people. COVID-19  has hit everyone hard and I hope you guys are safe and well.

@Clauds @Prettyphile @ThePinkDiet @GlitterAndWings @Fashionsketcher @Limerlight @Dipit @heartwing @PinkCouture and also to everyone else who I may have forgotten.

Kinda bumped to see VS faring so poorly. Genuinely wonder if VSFS2018 will be the last fashion show we'll ever see from the company. It does feel like maybe VS has fallen from grace and will continue to do so as the months/years go by.

Side note to everyone else reading this, stay safe and stay strong. 

Hi there @PastaFreak :hug: I'm doing pretty well, lockdown has pretty much come to an end where I am and thankfully no one extremely close to me got hit hard, a couple of friends caught the virus and had a shit time but they all made it through. Now I'm just enjoying the nice spring/summer weather and slowly going back to normal life :) hope you are doing well as well darling.

As for VS, I definitely think the VSFS2018 was the last one, can't really see it making a comeback. As a whole, seems like VS is just sinking really fast.