Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I guess this confirms Stella is indeed with VS, Martha however, did not get a birthday post in April so that is also confirmation she is indeed gone

^Thanks for posting. I don't like Stella, but I do like trying to figure who is and isn't an Angel.

I just wish that when an Angel leaves the brand, VS would say something, especially for someone like Alessandra, Behati, Candice, and Lily... they were with the company for YEARS and were very recognizable,. Lily is doing all kinds of videos (everything from her house tour with Architectural Digest to Vogue), Behati is still in the public eye for her marriage, Ale is Ale, and Candice.. she doesn't seem to be to well known, but she WAS VS for  while, she is a very important Angel....it just would've been nice for VS to say something and congratulate them on the next step of their career. It's like throwing a party for a coworker who is leaving/retiring, it's just a nice thing to do. And it would clear up a lot of confusion for the fans. 

Random Musings: I watched Martha's "What I Eat in a Day" for Harper's Bazaar, and enjoyed it a lot. She has a good personality, I just don't like her look. I'm happy to see more VS girls doing Youtube. I discovered I enjoy watching Youtube videos during quarantine. I never ever thought I'd be able to sit down and watch someone I don't know talk about their day and stuff.

My favorite Angel Youtube channel is Lily....Jasmine is my second favorite....I also love Karlie's, Romee's are good, Alexina I don't care for, I wish Barbara and Candice had a channel...

I love the skincare routine videos and food/diet videos. I really liked where Jasmine and Romee swticehd diets for a whole day, or anything on Lily's channel. 

Is anyone here interested in the Angels/VS Models YT videos and watching these channels? If so, what videos/channels do you enjoy the most?

14 hours ago, bump said:

^Thanks for posting. I don't like Stella, but I do like trying to figure who is and isn't an Angel.

I just wish that when an Angel leaves the brand, VS would say something, especially for someone like Alessandra, Behati, Candice, and Lily... they were with the company for YEARS and were very recognizable,. Lily is doing all kinds of videos (everything from her house tour with Architectural Digest to Vogue), Behati is still in the public eye for her marriage, Ale is Ale, and Candice.. she doesn't seem to be to well known, but she WAS VS for  while, she is a very important Angel....it just would've been nice for VS to say something and congratulate them on the next step of their career. It's like throwing a party for a coworker who is leaving/retiring, it's just a nice thing to do. And it would clear up a lot of confusion for the fans. 

YES to all of this! I just hate the confusion of not knowing whether certain angels are officially gone or whether they're technically still "with" the brand. For a while I kept waiting and waiting for anything whatsoever with Behati, but there was just nothing. It was so frustrating. Eventually I just resigned myself to the fact that she probably left the brand for good. But I just wish VS or even Behati herself would've said something- anything just to make it official and erase any confusion. Same with Candice. It seems weird that neither VS nor Candice would say a single thing about her departure considering she was one of the biggest angels in the last 10 years. Idk. Im not bitter about it, but it just would've been nice to be able to officially close that chapter in VS' book instead of leaving all this room open for speculation. I guess if Candice ever changes her IG handle and removes the 'angel' part, then that might be a pretty clear confirmation lol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/05/20/victoria-secret-store-closings-2020-bath-body-works-coronavirus/5231836002/  

Excerpts:

Victoria's Secret to Close About 250 Stores in the U.S. and Canada

Victoria's Secret plans to permanently close approximately 250 stores in the U.S. and Canada in 2020, its parent company L Brands announced Wednesday.  

Victoria's Secret has 1,091 stores in the U.S. and Canada with 909 U.S. Victoria's Secret and 144 Pink Stores.  The company says it will close 235 U.S. Victoria's Secret stores and 3 Pink stores.  It also plans to close 13 of its 38 stores in Canada.

In February, L. Brands announced a deal to sell 55% of Victoria's Secret to Sycamore Partners, a New York private equity firm.  After the pandemic struck, Sycamore wento to court to back out of the deal and in early May, both parties called it off.

L. Brands said in a news release Wednesday that it "remains committed to establishing Bath & Body Works as a pure-play company and is taking the necessary steps to prepare the Victoria's Secret Lingerie, Victoria's Secret Beauty and PINK  businesses to operate as a separate, standalone company."

The company said it is working to reopen stores that have been closed because of the coronavirus.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:31 PM, CandleVixen said:

Wow. I think I’d be pissed off if I were Ming or Sui. Talk about knives in their backs and slaps in their faces. 

Mind you, this is a knee jerk reaction, I do not know if Ming’s or Sui’s contracts were finished first or not. 

Yeah, you'd probably be the only person who would think that's a backstabbing move and a slap in the face. Model contracts don't last forever. So what are you talking about being pissed???

On 5/2/2020 at 5:04 AM, gab6565 said:

Also, I find it so interesting that despite Gisele being one of the biggest angels, she rarely wore wings. I'm sure this was her decision obviously. But I'm sure VS must have been somewhat disappointed since the wings were so iconic. I always thought that maybe she didn't open the 2003 show because they like to open the show with wings to draw attention.

During her time as an Angel, Gisele didn't wear wings only in one show (the 2003 show). Only one show doesn't qualify as "rarely".

On 5/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, Kane said:

here's Taylor herself talking about her favourite music:

Loved her musical taste :chicken: 

(But she fell for the biggest lie in the universe: "I love all kinds of music" :rofl: )

On 5/14/2020 at 9:55 AM, bump said:

Fleetwood Mac is ok, not anything I listen to, but it's better than other stuff at least. 

I recommend you Fleetwood Mac's first era, with Peter Green. That is the real Fleetwood Mac for me, when they played Blues Rock.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:59 PM, Clauds said:

Candice, Martha, Elsa and Behati are all gone. They haven't been in anything VS related all of 2020 (Behati since late 2018), and they have also been left out of all the quarantine and Mother's Day posts, there is no reason whatsoever why these women would be cut from cheap, home made videos, particularly Candice and Behati being left out of the Mother's Day stuff is odd if they are still under contract. VS never makes announcements when a girl leaves, it was a rarity we got an announcement for Adriana but considering she was the public's favorite angel it makes sense just like it did with Tyra, Alessandra didn't get one, she got like 0.05 seconds mention in the show, but there was no announcement for Rosie, Karolina, Marisa, Lily, Lindsay, Chanel, Jac or Kate, not even Heidi Klum or Gisele got a proper announcement, the only other exits that were addressed recently were Doutzen and Karlie who got a instagram post from Ed Razek, there was nothing official from VS.

I'm actually wondering if Candice will expand her line into lingerie as well as the swimsuits seem to be selling pretty well.

That Martha, Candice and Elsa are gone is based on assumptions though, no? There is not a single source to back that claim up like with Behati's case with the pagesix-article.

On another note, I don't think the VS show will ever come back. If it does, then it would become an all-sizes-pity-party and wouldn't be the VS show that we have all become acquainted to. VS is infamous to be hesitant to call a spade a spade. They have done that to Marisa and Miranda. When they left, they claimed they would continue working with them and it never happened (as expected). So their official announcement about creating new dynamic content means "no VS show anymore".

On 5/22/2020 at 9:09 PM, VSfan88 said:

That Martha, Candice and Elsa are gone is based on assumptions though, no? There is not a single source to back that claim up like with Behati's case with the pagesix-article.

On another note, I don't think the VS show will ever come back. If it does, then it would become an all-sizes-pity-party and wouldn't be the VS show that we have all become acquainted to. VS is infamous to be hesitant to call a spade a spade. They have done that to Marisa and Miranda. When they left, they claimed they would continue working with them and it never happened (as expected). So their official announcement about creating new dynamic content means "no VS show anymore".

It's not just assumptions is pretty much confirmed, for Martha VS skipped her birthday which they never do, means she is done. As for Elsa, she has been working with other lingerie brands which we all know is the #1 restriction with a VS contract, so she's either done or VS has stepped to a new low of now allowing the girls to work with their competition. And Candice was completely left out of the Mother's Day campaigns and posts, which she was always in before like all the girls who have children, this year it was just Lais and then the rest of the girls with their moms, heck even non-Angels were included. To that add the fact that none of then have shot for VS in the whole of 2020 and even late 2019. So if you go by social media and pure logic, they are all gone and VS just doesn't care enough to make an announcement and neither do the girls and I doubt we'll get one.

As for the show, I agree, it ain't coming back.

Not really sure what it means. But if sis is doing TH lingerie and VS it means she's either gone from VS (when was she announced as an angel again? It could be that one year contracts for the new girls were up and hers wasn't renovated idk) orrrr the brand has sunk to a new low and they don't even have a non-compete clause anymore which like damn, who are you, Forever 21? :ninja: