Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, claudiawilliams said:

there are new white background pictures of martha, so i guess she's not over yet ? 

I wonder how old those are though. Maybe they were taken a while ago and just now being used? I know my VS store still has pictures of Miranda, Doutzen, etc (seriously, they were there a few months ago before the quarantine hit. I LOVE seeing picture so of those girls, but why does VS still use those pictures? idk), , and they haven't been Angels in forever, so I could see Martha not being an Angel anymore, but VS still using her pictures. 

The only ones I'm sad to see go that left in the last few years are Candice, Behati, and Lily. I hope Grace, Barbara, Leomie, Romee and Jasmine stick around for a while though. 

Is it me, or is the VS photo material not what it used to be...?

It feels like VS is not putting so much effort in their photoshoots anymore, it is all boring and lots of white screen catalog style photo's.

I mean come on, they have gorgeous models!! Years like 2014-2015 were good years with lots of stunning photoshoots (very fresh, lots of color, nice backgrounds and photo sets, very diffrent every time) I took these of Adriana as an example, I wish VS would be working on this level again. These pics really made me to buy their lingerie, the latest photo's don't give me that feeling.

10.thumb.jpg.be84b9e4bb205244242d1d8e138df8fb.jpg37.thumb.jpg.fb286c828a876ec9f9c3587a82c18792.jpg 94.thumb.jpg.214bee45dd7a895f331c2fd18bfff290.jpg109.thumb.jpg.961474e6edb4a5a674491245b9cf7f70.jpg71.thumb.jpg.0d4520877f125ef188a634826ba10282.jpg

@Fitgirl88 omg I completely agree! While I'm not a fan of Adriana, those pictures are beautiful because they actually have substance to them. I HATE white wall pictures. i know they are needed for the website commerce stuff, but it seems like that all VS produces anymore, with a few exceptions. Some of the swim pictures have been really good last year. But overall, yes the quality of the photos has gone down hill. I wonder if they don't have teh budget anymore to create sets and hire good photographers?

About the VS photos, I think its a combination of not having as big of a budget anymore as well as VS wanting to go the more natural route with their aesthetic. Its pretty clear that VS is trying to rebrand themselves with the more natural & relatable look that other brands are going for these days. So the colors and sets they're using for the photoshoots are much more relaxed and the colors are much less vibrant than they used to be. I've noticed it with the commercials too. A lot of the commercials in recent years have been way more laid-back and not as exciting and vibrant as they were years ago. Its sad because I miss how exciting and vibrant the brand used to be as a whole. A lot of the stuff is getting really boring nowadays. Idk maybe its just me. I do like some of the recent swim photos; the collabs are pretty good too. But VS is definitely not as lively as it once was.

21 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

maybe they don't have the budget for that or they don't want to spend much for pictures since the company isn't doing good like it used to..and the shoots from the collaborations are actually great so is not like they never do good ones

yeah the collaboration pictures are usually really good...I still can't get over how much I like the FLL pictures. 

but I can definitely see them not wanting to spend too much money since they aren't doing well like they used to. I hope they stick around for a while because (and I may be one of the few) I still like to buy bras and underwear from them. I also like a lot of the models they use, and I love seeing new pictures in those model's threads. 

@GiseleQueenBee I definitely agree they are trying to rebrand themselves as 'natural and relatable" as you stated. They look like every other brand now, which is boring. I also miss the VSFS. I don't think they should bring it back because it has been awful the last few years, but I do still miss it and reading the threads on here about it. Everything that set them apart is now no longer part of the brand sadly. 

Random, but I wonder what the VS Angels and models listen to? 

Lily likes System of a Down (YES!!!) :stormy:

Behati has worn many band shirts including Misfits, Flipper, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath(YES),  I know she likes Nirvana and Sublime, too. 

Candice had on an Iron Maiden shirt and obviously loves Bob Marley. 

I think Elsa likes classic 70's rock? I hope she likes Led Zeppelin, they're my favorite. 

Alessandra has said shes a "rock chick", i forgot about her! She has on a Stone Temple Pilot shirt before, as well as Led Zeppelin. 

Does anyone know what the other Angels listen to?

Behati and Lily have the best taste, I was pumped to find out Lily likes System of a Down and Behati likes punk band Flipper. I was really happy about that lol 

@Sunshiine and @Stormbringer (IDK if they post on this thread, but whatever)... because you two have great music taste, I'm tagging you in this lol. do you guys know what kind of music the Angels listen to?

1 hour ago, bump said:

@Sunshiine and @Stormbringer (IDK if they post on this thread, but whatever)... because you two have great music taste, I'm tagging you in this lol. do you guys know what kind of music the Angels listen to?

Oh, thank you!

I only know about Alessandra, who does like Rock music and she's quite into Grunge and 90s stuff. I know she likes Pearl Jam, Temple of The Dog, Nirvana, Soundgarden and such. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing some IG stories of her at a Metallica concert.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her post some Led Zeppelin related stuff too.

And I remember an interview where Elsa mentions 70s Rock is among her favorites.

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Oh, thank you!

I only know about Alessandra, who does like Rock music and she's quite into Grunge and 90s stuff. I know she likes Pearl Jam, Temple of The Dog, Nirvana, Soundgarden and such. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing some IG stories of her at a Metallica concert.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her post some Led Zeppelin related stuff too.

And I remember an interview where Elsa mentions 70s Rock is among her favorites.

Thank you for the reply! I LOVE Soundgarden. That's awesome that Alessandra does as well. I wonder if she likes any Alice in Chains? They're my favorite out of the big 4 grunge bands, but I love Nirvana as well. 

I wanna go see Metallica with her lol. I actually like quite a lot of Metallica now that I'm thinking about it....wow I think I'm a bigger fan of them than I realized now that I'm listing off their songs I like in my head lol

Also, behati has worn a cool ass Motorhead shirt before. 

@bump Taylor has worn band tees before like Rush. I'm inclined to say she must listen to them. Lily, Ale and Behati as well like you mentioned. Stella has been seen with red hot chili peppers members, so i'm assuming she likes them. I'm not sure for the other angels :flower: I did not know about Elsa, but that makes sense with her style. 

Sara just posted a pic with a Stones tee shirt :thumbs_up:

1 hour ago, Sunshiine said:

@bump Taylor has worn band tees before like Rush. I'm inclined to say she must listen to them

Ah, yes I've forgotten about this. Rush is a band that's unlikely you have a shirt of if you don't actually listen to them.

Also in a couple of her IG post she has written AC/DC lyrics in the caption. I especially remember High Voltage... which is not a SUPER popular song as Highway to Hell or Back in Black.

@bump

7 hours ago, Sunshiine said:

@bump Taylor has worn band tees before like Rush. I'm inclined to say she must listen to them. Lily, Ale and Behati as well like you mentioned. Stella has been seen with red hot chili peppers members, so i'm assuming she likes them. I'm not sure for the other angels :flower: I did not know about Elsa, but that makes sense with her style. 

I think wearing a band shirt is more of a trend and has less to do with what they actually listen to.

16 hours ago, Sunshiine said:

Rush has some cool songs, so that's interesting. And yeah, I forgot about Stella and the RHCP hanging out. Was she in one of their videos, or like how did they become friends? I'm jealous lol I wanna hang out with the RHCP lol

15 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Ah, yes I've forgotten about this. Rush is a band that's unlikely you have a shirt of if you don't actually listen to them.

Also in a couple of her IG post she has written AC/DC lyrics in the caption. I especially remember High Voltage... which is not a SUPER popular song as Highway to Hell or Back in Black

@bump

AC/DC is good, too! I like "Long Way to the Top", but I'm not a huge fan. My parents are though. They got to see them in concert back in the late 70s or early 80's actually. 

11 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Also gang, you can get tons of concert and band shirts at thrift stores, and Hot Topic. 

I got some cool shirts from my local antique store! I got RHCP and a Blink 182 shirt. They are really old and worn out, but I love them! 

9 hours ago, victoriassecret_aut said:

I think wearing a band shirt is more of a trend and has less to do with what they actually listen to.

Sometimes I wonder about that, but I basically only wear band t shirts or plain tshirts/sweatshirts because I am a very plain person in terms of style. and I know I wear band shirts because I love the bands adn could have a full blown conversation about them, adn my friends are the same way. I'd like to think models are like that, too, but I can see why we have to be skeptical because if places like Kohl's are selling Nirvana shirts, it's definitely possible it's just to be trendy. 

Thanks for everyone who is replying and discussing! 

@Kane Thank you! I'm watching it now. I appreciate you posting this!

Fleetwood Mac is ok, not anything I listen to, but it's better than other stuff at least. 

ew Def Leopard, but she likes Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, so that's great! 

Behati and Lily still have the best taste (Lily is the only one to say she likes System of a Down, which is a big YES YES YES from me, but it's great to see how many Angels like classic rock!