Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

18 hours ago, hillstreet said:

From page 1? That's hard-core, bump!! 😮

yep! I did it a long time ago as well because there are so many pictures, opinions, and information in this thread that every time I read it, I learn something new. I read through BZ threads every morning for a few hours while I drink my coffee unless I work a day shift. Its something that I've found that relaxes me and I have a hard time relaxing. 

9 minutes ago, bump said:

yep! I did it a long time ago as well because there are so many pictures, opinions, and information in this thread that every time I read it, I learn something new. I read through BZ threads every morning for a few hours while I drink my coffee unless I work a day shift. Its something that I've found that relaxes me and I have a hard time relaxing. 

That's brilliant. I'm glad you find it therapeutic. I can see how it would be fun to rediscover stuff or see things you might have overlooked before. :)

1 minute ago, hillstreet said:

That's brilliant. I'm glad you find it therapeutic. I can see how it would be fun to rediscover stuff or see things you might have overlooked before. :)

Rediscovering or seeing ovelooked things is exactly it! and it's something I can do for hours so I can really get into the flow of it and let my mind focus on one thing instead of everything else I tend to focus on. 

I just wish I would've joined back in 2012 when I became a fan of VS because there was so much more to discuss then and my favorite Angels were still around then. 

On 4/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, bump said:

I still think my favorite collaboration was the FLL and the Balmain one. What about you all? Anyone care to share?

I absolutely loved the FLL collab, def my fav of them all, and some pieces of the Balmain one but that's it.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:54 AM, bump said:

I still think my favorite collaboration was the FLL and the Balmain one. What about you all? Anyone care to share?

I Liked a lot the Balmain x VS in the Lingerie Pieces, very glam and sexy, but the styling for the show was too muchey. (For me tho)

12 hours ago, Fashionsketcher said:

I Liked a lot the Balmain x VS in the Lingerie Pieces, very glam and sexy, but the styling for the show was too muchey. (For me tho)

Yeah, some of the outfits were over the top for sure. I didn't like all the dangly elements on them. I loved the segment because I liked the music, the lighting, and the models in it, but some of the outfits were more like costumes. 

Random question, does anyone know the history of the brands that the VSFS design team would use for the shoes? I noticed in 2005 they used Manolo Blahniks and then 2006/2007 switched over to Louboutins. 2008 was, 2010-2011 was Giuseppe Zanotti, 2012-2014 was Nicholas Kirkwood and Sophia Webster, and 2015-2018 they used Brian Atwood. Just thought this could be interesting to discuss! Do they always buy designer heels and then customize them or have they ever made shoes from scratch (like the wings)?

Also, I find it so interesting that despite Gisele being one of the biggest angels, she rarely wore wings. I'm sure this was her decision obviously. But I'm sure VS must have been somewhat disappointed since the wings were so iconic. I always thought that maybe she didn't open the 2003 show because they like to open the show with wings to draw attention.

10 hours ago, gab6565 said:

Random question, does anyone know the history of the brands that the VSFS design team would use for the shoes? I noticed in 2005 they used Manolo Blahniks and then 2006/2007 switched over to Louboutins. 2008 was, 2010-2011 was Giuseppe Zanotti, 2012-2014 was Nicholas Kirkwood and Sophia Webster, and 2015-2018 they used Brian Atwood. Just thought this could be interesting to discuss! Do they always buy designer heels and then customize them or have they ever made shoes from scratch (like the wings)?

Also, I find it so interesting that despite Gisele being one of the biggest angels, she rarely wore wings. I'm sure this was her decision obviously. But I'm sure VS must have been somewhat disappointed since the wings were so iconic. I always thought that maybe she didn't open the 2003 show because they like to open the show with wings to draw attention.

I know nothing about the history of the shoes in the VSFS, but I would love to learn more! Thanks for the information you included, and I think this would be a great topic to discuss. 

As for Gisele, I was never a fan of hers, but I thought I'd read she had back problems and didn't want heavy wings because I can't see VS not giving her huge wings. I still think of Adriana and Alessandra, not Gisele, when I think of VS, but I know Gisele was a big deal. 

I remember the harp wings Candice was going to wear, but then she didn't. I can't remember if it was because they were too big for the runway or she couldn't carry them, though. 

10 hours ago, bump said:

I know nothing about the history of the shoes in the VSFS, but I would love to learn more! Thanks for the information you included, and I think this would be a great topic to discuss. 

As for Gisele, I was never a fan of hers, but I thought I'd read she had back problems and didn't want heavy wings because I can't see VS not giving her huge wings. I still think of Adriana and Alessandra, not Gisele, when I think of VS, but I know Gisele was a big deal. 

I remember the harp wings Candice was going to wear, but then she didn't. I can't remember if it was because they were too big for the runway or she couldn't carry them, though. 

The only wings I remember Gisele wearing were for her show openings in 2005 and 2006. She also wore a few sets of wings in 2000, 2001 & 2002 during segments. Interestingly, she didnt wear any wings in 2003.

As for Candice, I dont think the harp wings were too big for the runway or else they wouldn't have made them. I think Candice was just too short and small-framed to be able to handle them. Not everyone can handle big wings and also make it look easy at the same time. Heidi and Karolina always did really well with big wings.

14 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

The only wings I remember Gisele wearing were for her show openings in 2005 and 2006. She also wore a few sets of wings in 2000, 2001 & 2002 during segments. Interestingly, she didnt wear any wings in 2003.

As for Candice, I dont think the harp wings were too big for the runway or else they wouldn't have made them. I think Candice was just too short and small-framed to be able to handle them. Not everyone can handle big wings and also make it look easy at the same time. Heidi and Karolina always did really well with big wings.

they were too heavy for everyone, that's why no one used these wings

15 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

yeah that makes sense. It's a shame she couldn't wear them or they couldn't find someone to wear them because those harp wings were really pretty. 

Can someone be so kind to give me a quick update? I have been away for a few months, and I couldn't follow much VS news :(

As far as I know these are still the current Angels: Leomie, Grace, Elsa, Candice, Barbara, Romee, Lais, Jasmine, Martha, Taylor, Sara, Josephine, Stella, Alexina.

Any new angels? I have seen some new plus size models, and I noticed VS was working with Lorena a lot, but it seems they don't anymore?

And what about Behati?

12 hours ago, Fitgirl88 said:

Can someone be so kind to give me a quick update? I have been away for a few months, and I couldn't follow much VS news :(

As far as I know these are still the current Angels: Leomie, Grace, Elsa, Candice, Barbara, Romee, Lais, Jasmine, Martha, Taylor, Sara, Josephine, Stella, Alexina.

Any new angels? I have seen some new plus size models, and I noticed VS was working with Lorena a lot, but it seems they don't anymore?

And what about Behati?

You got all the current angels right. No new additions. And VS hasn't announced any angel departures since Adriana.

I can't say anything about Lorena because I don't follow her.

As for Behati, VS never officially announced her departure, but I've heard speculation that her contract ended in 2019. Plus, I don't think VS even uses her anymore so its pretty evident that she's no longer an angel. Its sad because Behati was one of the most popular angels in the last decade and she never got an official goodbye like Adriana or Alessandra. She was also one of my favorite angels. I wish VS would've done at least something to honor and thank her. It makes me wonder whether Candice will get an official goodbye if and when she leaves or whether she'll dip out quietly too.

Candice, Martha, Elsa and Behati are all gone. They haven't been in anything VS related all of 2020 (Behati since late 2018), and they have also been left out of all the quarantine and Mother's Day posts, there is no reason whatsoever why these women would be cut from cheap, home made videos, particularly Candice and Behati being left out of the Mother's Day stuff is odd if they are still under contract. VS never makes announcements when a girl leaves, it was a rarity we got an announcement for Adriana but considering she was the public's favorite angel it makes sense just like it did with Tyra, Alessandra didn't get one, she got like 0.05 seconds mention in the show, but there was no announcement for Rosie, Karolina, Marisa, Lily, Lindsay, Chanel, Jac or Kate, not even Heidi Klum or Gisele got a proper announcement, the only other exits that were addressed recently were Doutzen and Karlie who got a instagram post from Ed Razek, there was nothing official from VS.

I'm actually wondering if Candice will expand her line into lingerie as well as the swimsuits seem to be selling pretty well.

6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Candice, Martha, Elsa and Behati are all gone. They haven't been in anything VS related all of 2020 (Behati since late 2018), and they have also been left out of all the quarantine and Mother's Day posts, there is no reason whatsoever why these women would be cut from cheap, home made videos, particularly Candice and Behati being left out of the Mother's Day stuff is odd if they are still under contract. VS never makes announcements when a girl leaves, it was a rarity we got an announcement for Adriana but considering she was the public's favorite angel it makes sense just like it did with Tyra, Alessandra didn't get one, she got like 0.05 seconds mention in the show, but there was no announcement for Rosie, Karolina, Marisa, Lily, Lindsay, Chanel, Jac or Kate, not even Heidi Klum or Gisele got a proper announcement, the only other exits that were addressed recently were Doutzen and Karlie who got a instagram post from Ed Razek, there was nothing official from VS.

I'm actually wondering if Candice will expand her line into lingerie as well as the swimsuits seem to be selling pretty well.

That's what I figured but I didn't know for sure. lol, thanks for clarifying. I still wish there wouldve been something for Behati. She came back for the fashion show in 2018 and everyone got all excited that she was back after 3 years, but then that was it. It was like she just left the scene after that. Maybe her coming back for one last VS show was her sort of goodbye sendoff. Either way i'll miss her. If anything i'm more surprised they didnt do anything for Candice seeing as how much VS used to push her and make her the center of everything. Oh well. They both had a good run with VS while it lasted. I guess that's what matters.

I haven’t been paying super close attention to the self isolation content, but I haven’t seen Stella in it. Have I missed her or is it likely she’s out too? Doesn’t seem like she’s done anything since Valentine’s? Which is usually shot in the previous year. 

2 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

That's what I figured but I didn't know for sure. lol, thanks for clarifying. I still wish there wouldve been something for Behati. She came back for the fashion show in 2018 and everyone got all excited that she was back after 3 years, but then that was it. It was like she just left the scene after that. Maybe her coming back for one last VS show was her sort of goodbye sendoff. Either way i'll miss her. If anything i'm more surprised they didnt do anything for Candice seeing as how much VS used to push her and make her the center of everything. Oh well. They both had a good run with VS while it lasted. I guess that's what matters.

There was no show in 2019 tho so it's not like they had a chance to do something, and tbh Candice is still a nobody outside VS fans, the average Joe and Jane don't know and don't give a flying fuck about who she is other than that hot blonde from VS, IMO Adriana was the last true star VS was able to make and the last one people actually knew and it's probably related to the fact that she's also been one of the main faces for Maybelline for so long that she's a face you've just seen many many times before, if Alessandra didn't get a proper send-off, I don't expect anyone who joined the brand post-2010 to get one. And also I think some of the girls leaving may have just bene cut by the new VS executive team, I wouldn't be surprised if more girls get dropped now that Ed Razek isn't in charge anymore, I know some of the girls were signed because they were Ed's favorites and with him being gone I can see contracts not being renewed.

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I haven’t been paying super close attention to the self isolation content, but I haven’t seen Stella in it. Have I missed her or is it likely she’s out too? Doesn’t seem like she’s done anything since Valentine’s? Which is usually shot in the previous year. 

Stella is in the VS website in the Mother's Day banner, it's one tiny picture but still, she's there, IDK when the Valentine's Day stuff was shot but it does seem to have been the last she did for VS. So pontentially the current lineup is Stella, Taylor, Alexina, Romee, Josephine, Lais, Jasmine, Sara, Leomie, Barbara and Grace which is still a shit tone of models o.o

2 hours ago, Clauds said:

There was no show in 2019 tho so it's not like they had a chance to do something, and tbh Candice is still a nobody outside VS fans, the average Joe and Jane don't know and don't give a flying fuck about who she is other than that hot blonde from VS, IMO Adriana was the last true star VS was able to make and the last one people actually knew and it's probably related to the fact that she's also been one of the main faces for Maybelline for so long that she's a face you've just seen many many times before, if Alessandra didn't get a proper send-off, I don't expect anyone who joined the brand post-2010 to get one. And also I think some of the girls leaving may have just bene cut by the new VS executive team, I wouldn't be surprised if more girls get dropped now that Ed Razek isn't in charge anymore, I know some of the girls were signed because they were Ed's favorites and with him being gone I can see contracts not being renewed.

Stella is in the VS website in the Mother's Day banner, it's one tiny picture but still, she's there, IDK when the Valentine's Day stuff was shot but it does seem to have been the last she did for VS. So pontentially the current lineup is Stella, Taylor, Alexina, Romee, Josephine, Lais, Jasmine, Sara, Leomie, Barbara and Grace which is still a shit tone of models o.o

The worst lineup since ever. Only Lais, Barbara and Sara looks good

I wish they would cut it to just Barbara, Jasmine, Josephine, Leomie, Romee, and Grace. I miss Candice, Lily, and Behati, but they would look too old compared to the other Angels. 

I wish they would give the girls some kind of send off, seeing as they do have a lot of fans, especially Alessandra. I'm glad they said something about her leaving, but they should've done something more. And it would've been nice to have an official statement about Behati and Candice and Lily, even though we know they're gone. I just figure they worked for them for a while and a lot of people liked them, so it would've been nice to do something. But then again, VS is a business and they probably don't care about send offs and good bye.s