Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 4/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, Schemer said:

I don't think they will make shows EVER again. They're too expensive to produce and there isn't enough people to care about it to justify the investment.

Especially with corona, but I don't think it would come back anyway. There's 0 demand for it rn.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, Clauds said:

They can still plan all that via Zoom, it's not a big deal yet because the sketches and stuff can still be done but if this goes on through summer that is a different ball game, but still idk if they'll bring back the show at all tho, considering last year they didn't do anything to replace the show.

Aaand thanks for answering girls! It seems like at least Candice, Elsa and Martha are done and Sara seems to be safe, I don't remember her in the Valentine's Day at all but I hated the campaign anyway so there's that :ninja:

Elsa's also 31, that's a classic age to retire from VS

Does anyone happen to have the 2003 show in video form? or at least the last segment, "Glaaaaaamazons?" I've been trying to find it online with audio and can't at all! thanks in advance.

With all this free time at home I've been watching the older shows and remembering how fierce and sexy they used to be.

20 hours ago, gab6565 said:

Does anyone happen to have the 2003 show in video form? or at least the last segment, "Glaaaaaamazons?" I've been trying to find it online with audio and can't at all! thanks in advance.

With all this free time at home I've been watching the older shows and remembering how fierce and sexy they used to be.

I haven't watched the 2003 show, but I'll poke around and see if I can somehow find it, but if you haven't found it, I doubt I can. I don't like the early shows before 2009, so I have no idea if they're around or not. Good luck on finding it though. I've been rewatching VSFS too since I've had so much free time, but I only watch 2009-2012. I like that era the best. 

I tried watching the 2005 and 2006 shows and while there were a few highlights (I liked the air stewardess segment where Karolina's shoe broke...Highland Romance was ok, I liked the opening for 2006...but overall, I was bored and didn't like the models. It was too mature for my tastes, but I seriously feel like the only person here that thinks that! Most of you guys LOVE the 2005 and 2006 shows, right?

How many girls have had that one guy friend(or boyfriend lol) that desides it’s time they admit to you they would prefer to wear panties everyday opposed to boxers? After you laughed at first haha did you agree   to help thin buy them? Did y’all shop at Victoria secret together? 

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

The Angels are done, in China. VS has a Chinese actress as their new face there Zhou Dongyu. 

Wow. I think I’d be pissed off if I were Ming or Sui. Talk about knives in their backs and slaps in their faces. 

Mind you, this is a knee jerk reaction, I do not know if Ming’s or Sui’s contracts were finished first or not. 

Ming and Sui were never given any sort of proper dues from VS. They were used to tap in the Chinese market but were never given any of the privilege or support that the "North American" Angels were. They were barely recognized as Angels.  It's disappointing but unsurprising that they were dumped like that. 

15 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Ming and Sui were never given any sort of proper dues from VS. They were used to tap in the Chinese market but were never given any of the privilege or support that the "North American" Angels were. They were barely recognized as Angels.  It's disappointing but unsurprising that they were dumped like that. 

I agree sadly....I had forgotten they'd had those two as Asian Angels, and I read this VS thread in the morning and know stuff about VS, and if I as a fan of VS forgot,  I bet the general American public had no clue who Ming and Sui were. I wanna go see their VS work now, because all I ever saw was what was posted in this thread, and I barely remember it. 

I don't care for either of them, but good for them for getting the title while it lasted. How long were they Angels for?

49 minutes ago, bump said:

I agree sadly....I had forgotten they'd had those two as Asian Angels, and I read this VS thread in the morning and know stuff about VS, and if I as a fan of VS forgot,  I bet the general American public had no clue who Ming and Sui were. I wanna go see their VS work now, because all I ever saw was what was posted in this thread, and I barely remember it. 

I don't care for either of them, but good for them for getting the title while it lasted. How long were they Angels for?

They weren’t used / advertised as angels outside of the Chinese Market, their angelhood was exclusively in China and used as a way to help struggling sales over there. So, if the American public knew them I’d be kinda surprised given they weren’t weren’t intended to / Ming and Sui weren’t ‘pushed‘ here at all. I kinda wish they were used over here more since I like them but, they were really just a marketing ploy to boost sales in China (and it shows even more now).

They got their contracts after the Shanghai show, I think? Something like that. I’m sure it’s in their threads (or someone else here will have the accurate answer.)

1 minute ago, lovelace said:

They weren’t used / advertised as angels outside of the Chinese Market, their angelhood was exclusively in China and used as a way to help struggling sales over there. So, if the American public knew them I’d be kinda surprised given they weren’t weren’t intended to / Ming and Sui weren’t ‘pushed‘ here at all. I kinda wish they were used over here more since I like them but, they were really just a marketing ploy to boost sales in China (and it shows even more now).

They got their contracts after the Shanghai show, I think? Something like that. I’m sure it’s in their threads (or someone else here will have the accurate answer.)

ok, that makes sense. They are both very pretty and their VS pictures were good, but yeah I don't remember seeing them anywhere in the US. 

And I guess congratulations to them for the time that they were Angels, even though they're done now. At least they can put that on their portfolio or whatever. 

On 4/19/2020 at 10:02 AM, gab6565 said:

I have the show. Buts in not in HQ. I think when I first saved it it was listed as HQ but it either lied or we’ve just come that far in video technology. 

15 hours ago, Warhol said:

VS kicked Martha? 

I haven't been in her thread for a while, so I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. She's been with the company for a long time and I would consider her one of the older/veteran Angels compared to all the newer Angels, so I could see why she left/they let her go. 

I hope someone can confirm this if she is done. I never cared for her VS work, but I liked her personality.

I also really like those sparkly Frankie's bikinis, which I can't believe I"m saying! I actually like that VS is doing collaborations, it's something different. 

Random morning coffee musings:

Due to the stay at home order, I have been reading this thread from page 1, and it is so weird to see how VS has changed and how BZ member's opinions have changed over the years. However, even as far back as 2010, people on here were talking about how hard it is to tell if someone is an ANgel and how the Angel role has lost it's meaning. Now it really means nothing, but I still like a lot of the girls they are using. 

Not the biggest fan of the colors in the Frankie's x VS collab but I like the sparkle that I see and most of the designs, even tho they are pretty basic and I would like to see something more intricate and/or more unique 

21 hours ago, wintery said:

Not the biggest fan of the colors in the Frankie's x VS collab but I like the sparkle that I see and most of the designs, even tho they are pretty basic and I would like to see something more intricate and/or more unique 

I can see what you mean by wanting the bikinis to be "more intricate and more unique". They are pretty plain, but I'm a plain person so I think that's why I like them so much. If they didn't have the sparkles, I don't think I'd like them as much. 

I still think my favorite collaboration was the FLL and the Balmain one. What about you all? Anyone care to share?

On 4/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, bump said:

Random morning coffee musings:

Due to the stay at home order, I have been reading this thread from page 1, and it is so weird to see how VS has changed and how BZ member's opinions have changed over the years. However, even as far back as 2010, people on here were talking about how hard it is to tell if someone is an ANgel and how the Angel role has lost it's meaning. Now it really means nothing, but I still like a lot of the girls they are using. 

From page 1? That's hard-core, bump!! 😮