Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 3/28/2020 at 8:44 PM, lovelace said:

According to their responses on their Instagram account, they closed the online store to deep clean and rearrange their distribution center to comply with the 6-feet apart thing. Nobody is mandated to work right now but those who volunteer to do so are getting paid time and a half, and they mentioned something about adding a spot to get your health checked out and stuff while at work too but I’m not sure how well that plan is gonna work out for them given everything going on.

At least, that’s the “official” reasoning to why they closed and reopened the online store, there’s probably more factors ($$) that went into the decision behind closed doors.

I also think Lorena would be a great Angel. I just hope they don't get rid of the concept all together. I could see them doing that, but that's what really sets them apart, or at least has in the past. If they stop using Angels, they're just like every other brand now that they don thave the VSFS. 

I'm starting to like this Angel lineup more and more, but I do think the pictures posted above are the best ones VS has released in a long time and there were only a few Angels in those. I would be sad to see Candice go because she is my favorite and who got me interested in VS, but she's from another era and I do think it's time for her to leave. 

5 hours ago, Sensual said:

Could the line up really be more inclusive? 

There still isn't an asian Angel which blows my mind. Sui and Ming don't count imo bc they only work in the Asian market and never were announced as global Angels.  It's such a strange oversight at this point. 

Valentina and Lorena Duran would be fantastic additions to the line up, but I'm at a point where I'd rather see the Angel line up go. Keep things fresh with a well curated, rotating cast of models each season. Make it like landing a campaign for any other lingerie brand. 

I think it would be interesting if they revamp the angel lineup, but if i'm being honest the whole concept of the VS angels is pretty outdated. Think about it- the angel campaign was first launched in 1997, 23 years ago. The angels were extremely popular and influential in the early 2000s because the concept was still new and fresh. It's 2020 now and the concept is pretty played out at this point. I just don't think this new generation really cares that much about the VS angels; and I certainly don't think the angels are as influential as they once were. But like someone else said above, it's kind of VS's signature thing that sets them apart from other brands. So I can see why it would be hard for them to get rid of the angels altogether. Either way, whether they decide to revamp the lineup or get rid of the angels altogether it would definitely be taking a risk.

16 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

I think it would be interesting if they revamp the angel lineup, but if i'm being honest the whole concept of the VS angels is pretty outdated. Think about it- the angel campaign was first launched in 1997, 23 years ago. The angels were extremely popular and influential in the early 2000s because the concept was still new and fresh. It's 2020 now and the concept is pretty played out at this point. I just don't think this new generation really cares that much about the VS angels; and I certainly don't think the angels are as influential as they once were. But like someone else said above, it's kind of VS's signature thing that sets them apart from other brands. So I can see why it would be hard for them to get rid of the angels altogether. Either way, whether they decide to revamp the lineup or get rid of the angels altogether it would definitely be taking a risk.

I doubt its hard for them, hard for us more like. Riding the nostalgia trip until it crashes and burns :P.  It could be a risk, maybe but who knows.

I don't think the concept of the Angel is outdated necessarily, it's just that none of the girls they have now are stars. They had stars in their lineup but they've gotten older and moved on.

Brand needs a star power and current girls have none.

I said to someone on here not too long ago that I thought it was a mistake to bring the "nepo" girls into the VS show. Yes, they brought attention to the show, but it was at the expense of VS's own models. They should have been given that platform but instead they got overshadowed in the media coverage. So it's no surprise they aren't as big stars as previous Angels were.

48 minutes ago, hillstreet said:

I said to someone on here not too long ago that I thought it was a mistake to bring the "nepo" girls into the VS show. Yes, they brought attention to the show, but it was at the expense of VS's own models. They should have been given that platform but instead they got overshadowed in the media coverage. So it's no surprise they aren't as big stars as previous Angels were.

THIS.

Had the 2015 show focused on the 11 new Angels and not in Gigi and Kendull (and later on Bella) and we'd have a completely different story. Remember when in 2008 Candice went from being a nobody to being THE girl? It was because gave three damn good outfits, screentime and she was being promoted hard all over the VS website with an even harder push after the show that led to the status as the new cool bitch in town. By 2009 VS clearly established Candice and Rosie as the new leads, the future of the brand. Meanwhile by 2016 VS had established their new Angels as a the B-List playing second to the "nepo" crew.

Plus, I think they wanted to make Karlie Kloss the next iconic Angel. They gave her so much attention with her BFF Taylor, that it turned into Kaylor fashion event.

That spectacularly backfired because Karlie went on her own way after that.

21 minutes ago, Clauds said:

THIS.

Had the 2015 show focused on the 11 new Angels and not in Gigi and Kendull (and later on Bella) and we'd have a completely different story. Remember when in 2008 Candice went from being a nobody to being THE girl? It was because gave three damn good outfits, screentime and she was being promoted hard all over the VS website with an even harder push after the show that led to the status as the new cool bitch in town. By 2009 VS clearly established Candice and Rosie as the new leads, the future of the brand. Meanwhile by 2016 VS had established their new Angels as a the B-List playing second to the "nepo" crew.

We also have to consider what happened behind the scenes.

All the 'nepo' girls (Gigi/Bella/Kendall) all stick together and are friends. If it is really true that Ed Razek was acting inappropriately towards Bella, there is a huge chance that he was the cause why those girls wanted nothing to do with VS anymore.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, hillstreet said:

This is (partly) why I say the concept of the angels is outdated. Being an angel is no longer the sole marker of success and influence in the modeling industry like it was in Gisele's heyday- save for Naomi. Now it's about being the son or daughter of a celebrity (i.e. nepo-model), being the best friend of a celebrity (i.e. Karlie, Lily) or having a shit ton of social media followers (i.e. influencer). Hence, being an "Angel" isn't as esteemed or prominent in this new generation. Hence, it's outdated.

I'm not saying I dislike the angels, though. I've loved many of them over the years. It's just like someone else said, there are no more true stars in the angel lineup. Adriana was the last one. But that's for VS to deal with lol.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:50 AM, Clauds said:

THIS.

100% to me even the last recognizable Angel group to me was Candice, Behati, Rosie, Miranda, and Doutzen.  Those were girls that VS made into stars.  And I wish Rosie and Miranda had stayed a bit longer to really cement that.  I feel like Emanuela de Paula also would have been a fantastic addition with those girls, and that would have been the clear successors to usher in the new decade as the top angels as Adriana/Ale/Heidi/Tyra/Gisele had done before.  

I feel like the VS executives were dumbstruck that Rosie and Miranda left as soon as they did and that pushed them to hold onto Ale and Adriana a bit longer for  that superstar status.  But no idea why they never developed Doutzen as much as Candice.  I'm guessing because Doutzen never had as restricted a contract and wanted to do more things besides VS, but to me these girls were the last recognizable and meaningful angel faces.  

The angel brand started being watered down when they added Izabel and Selita who became angels right away without any VS work, and Marisa (who was great at catalog but had no place in the show).  Then they went and hired Erin H, Chanel, Lindsay Ellingson, and Karlie who were all fantastic in HF, but again not really the VS type.  They just didn't really live up to the title, and by the time Romee/Stella/Martha/Elsa were being added I could barely tell any of them apart.  Even if I liked Taylor and Sara, I just wasn't that invested in them as angels because there was no point to being an angel.  No 3 outfits, wings, segment openings.   

9 hours ago, Marsnoop said:

100% to me even the last recognizable Angel group to me was Candice, Behati, Rosie, Miranda, and Doutzen.  Those were girls that VS made into stars.  And I wish Rosie and Miranda had stayed a bit longer to really cement that.  I feel like Emanuela de Paula also would have been a fantastic addition with those girls, and that would have been the clear successors to usher in the new decade as the top angels as Adriana/Ale/Heidi/Tyra/Gisele had done before.  

I feel like the VS executives were dumbstruck that Rosie and Miranda left as soon as they did and that pushed them to hold onto Ale and Adriana a bit longer for  that superstar status.  But no idea why they never developed Doutzen as much as Candice.  I'm guessing because Doutzen never had as restricted a contract and wanted to do more things besides VS, but to me these girls were the last recognizable and meaningful angel faces.  

The angel brand started being watered down when they added Izabel and Selita who became angels right away without any VS work, and Marisa (who was great at catalog but had no place in the show).  Then they went and hired Erin H, Chanel, Lindsay Ellingson, and Karlie who were all fantastic in HF, but again not really the VS type.  They just didn't really live up to the title, and by the time Romee/Stella/Martha/Elsa were being added I could barely tell any of them apart.  Even if I liked Taylor and Sara, I just wasn't that invested in them as angels because there was no point to being an angel.  No 3 outfits, wings, segment openings.   

I'm forever mad that Doutzen never got a fantasy bra. Idk if it was because of her looser brand commitments or what, but she was one of the best and most popular models they ever had. VS owes her a lot.

18 hours ago, Marsnoop said:

I agree with everything you said, but especially this part. Those girls are also my favorite group of Angels. 

9 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

I'm forever mad that Doutzen never got a fantasy bra. Idk if it was because of her looser brand commitments or what, but she was one of the best and most popular models they ever had. VS owes her a lot.

Doutzen definitely deserved one! I always liked her work with VS even if sometimes her abs were too toned. I wish she had gotten more special treatment. I'll never forget the ugly poodle outfit she got in the VSFS 2012 poor girl

On 4/5/2020 at 11:32 PM, ThousandsFantasies said:

I like Doutzen a lot She was gorgeous I was bum when she never got the FB, VS end up focusing way too much on Candice. and lost opportunity with Doutzen and Miranda in making there brand more popular. I really miss the previous angels. 

Even though Candice is my favorite, I agree with you. Doutzen and Miranda should've had more of the spotlight and they should've waited a bit to give Candice the FB and all that. She is obviously an amazing model for VS, but I still don't like that they pushed her so much. I feel like people know Miranda way more than they know Candice, especially those who aren't into fashion. I feel like Candice never blew up into a household name like Miranda did, and to somewhat lesser of a degree as Doutzen did. 

Candice is still my favorite, but I think she got too much attention and the other models should've gotten some of it as well. 

7 hours ago, bump said:

Even though Candice is my favorite, I agree with you. Doutzen and Miranda should've had more of the spotlight and they should've waited a bit to give Candice the FB and all that. She is obviously an amazing model for VS, but I still don't like that they pushed her so much. I feel like people know Miranda way more than they know Candice, especially those who aren't into fashion. I feel like Candice never blew up into a household name like Miranda did, and to somewhat lesser of a degree as Doutzen did. 

Candice is still my favorite, but I think she got too much attention and the other models should've gotten some of it as well. 

The thing about VS pushing Candice is that she never really had that superstar quality to begin with. And I really think it had to do with her personality. Sure she was a great model for VS, but She just didnt have that wow factor in her personality to really take it to the next level. To be honest she comes across as quite boring and dull- at least from the stuff i've seen with her. I think the only people who ever really pulled for Candice were VS fans/fashion insiders. I don't think the general public really took to her, which is why she didn't become a household name like Tyra or Heidi. I think ultimately she was just too shy and reserved to really stand out and make a name for herself outside of VS. Im not trying to discredit her though, She had an amazing career with VS and no one can take that away from her. But VS definitely should've focused on other models more instead of putting all their eggs into one basket with Candice.

I also agree with you about miranda, VS definitely missed a golden opportunity to promote her more because she's much more well-known and a mainstream figure. As for Doutzen I think VS just sadly pushed her to the side while they focused on Candice. It is what it is. At least Doutzen was prepared and made sure she had a good thing going for her in HF for when she left VS. She's still getting decent HF work today even as an older model.

15 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

The thing about VS pushing Candice is that she never really had that superstar quality to begin with. And I really think it had to do with her personality. Sure she was a great model for VS, but She just didnt have that wow factor in her personality to really take it to the next level. To be honest she comes across as quite boring and dull- at least from the stuff i've seen with her. I think the only people who ever really pulled for Candice were VS fans/fashion insiders. I don't think the general public really took to her, which is why she didn't become a household name like Tyra or Heidi. I think ultimately she was just too shy and reserved to really stand out and make a name for herself outside of VS. Im not trying to discredit her though, She had an amazing career with VS and no one can take that away from her. But VS definitely should've focused on other models more instead of putting all their eggs into one basket with Candice.

I also agree with you about miranda, VS definitely missed a golden opportunity to promote her more because she's much more well-known and a mainstream figure. As for Doutzen I think VS just sadly pushed her to the side while they focused on Candice. It is what it is. At least Doutzen was prepared and made sure she had a good thing going for her in HF for when she left VS. She's still getting decent HF work today even as an older model.

I agree, especially about Candice not having the personality to pull it off. She is my favorite as I've stated, but her personality isn't something exciting and crazy. I love her laid back persona, but that's not going to get you noticed as much as someone who is loud and fun like for example Adriana (even though I don't like her modeling work, I think she's fun). Doutzen seemed much more reserved and shy than some of the other Angels, so I don't think she would've ever been as big as Miranda, Adriana, Alessandra, etc, but Doutzen should've had way more stuff with VS. If I hadn't been interested in VS, I wouldn't know Candice or Doutzen, but I knew who Miranda, Adriana, and Alessandra are/were and I had been shopping at VS for years before I got interested in the VSFS and teh models. 

Random, but I always forget about Erin. When she first started, she was great, but she looked so bored and was so boring towards the end. I'm glad she left when she did, but if she had kept her spark, I think she could've done really well, too.