Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

13 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

It's a little too early for you guys to be over exaggerating as to what you think is going to happen with VS, maybe sit back, wait and watch with a little less gloom and doom and if you really want them to fail, then why are you in this thread anyways? 

This. Especially the last part. 

Why? Because it's fun to see a shitty company with shitty product treating their employees shitty while having connections to a pedophile network fail.

VS have built the brand on over-sexualisation and bringing the impossible beauty standard on women by using models that have gone under the knife in order to reach their standards only to then sell that as "empowerment".

That's why.

They're still too big to fall completely but it's fun watching their brand crumble. Completely deservedly, too.

Why should any of us have sympathy towards multi-billion dollar company? None of this was done to them, it's all 100% self-caused.

55 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

Just seems kind of exhausting to put that amount of energy into something that you dislike so much.

I'm not putting any energy into it whatsoever. It's just entertainment. This is just a forum for people to chat. This doesn't require any actual effort to do that. Running the site takes effort. But commenting how worshiping VS is kinds silly isn't really hard, no?

Why are you guys so emotionally attached to it? The people who owned and ran the company didn't appreciate it for what it was supposed to be, we see now that they were handling their business behind the scenes in a shady way. Why should we all still have some kind of sympathetic view of the VS?

Also, people here aren't exactly throwing away fake stories, it's all been reported by reputable news sources. The connection with Epstein is also documented.

Why bury the head in the sand pretending all is well?

edit: I decided to take a look, and previous to today, my previous last posts were on the February 6th. I guess few posts every few weeks count as putting a lot of energy into something I dislike.

*shrugs*

17 minutes ago, Schemer said:

I'm not putting any energy into it whatsoever. It's just entertainment. This is just a forum for people to chat. This doesn't require any actual effort to do that. Running the site takes effort. But commenting how worshiping VS is kinds silly isn't really hard, no?

Why are you guys so emotionally attached to it? The people who owned and ran the company didn't appreciate it for what it was supposed to be, we see now that they were handling their business behind the scenes in a shady way. Why should we all still have some kind of sympathetic view of the VS?

Also, people here aren't exactly throwing away fake stories, it's all been reported by reputable news sources. The connection with Epstein is also documented.

Why bury the head in the sand pretending all is well?

edit: I decided to take a look, and previous to today, my previous last posts were on the February 6th. I guess few posts every few weeks count as putting a lot of energy into something I dislike.

*shrugs*

I’m not emotionally attached to VS. Whether they get back on track or fall apart isn’t going to make or break my day. I like a few models who work with VS but they have plenty of other things going on for them. I just don’t see the point of visiting a forum and only complaining or posting negative comments over and over like some people do, and none of my comments were directed solely at you. It’s just something that seems common on BZ. Going to a thread of something/someone you like seems like a better option but maybe that’s just me. 

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Why? Because it's fun to see a shitty company with shitty product treating their employees shitty while having connections to a pedophile network fail.

VS have built the brand on over-sexualisation and bringing the impossible beauty standard on women by using models that have gone under the knife in order to reach their standards only to then sell that as "empowerment".

That's why.

They're still too big to fall completely but it's fun watching their brand crumble. Completely deservedly, too.

Why should any of us have sympathy towards multi-billion dollar company? None of this was done to them, it's all 100% self-caused.

Also let me add VS collaborated with a few designers in the past .I hope they back off too and stay away from a brand that treats employees like crap.

18 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

I’m not emotionally attached to VS. Whether they get back on track or fall apart isn’t going to make or break my day. I like a few models who work with VS but they have plenty of other things going on for them. I just don’t see the point of visiting a forum and only complaining or posting negative comments over and over like some people do, and none of my comments were directed solely at you. It’s just something that seems common on BZ. Going to a thread of something/someone you like seems like a better option but maybe that’s just me. 

If you are wondering why he complains so much, its because he's a frustrated eat the rich armchair anarchist type, who uses hyperbole in everything they say.

I don't want VS to fail because I love this thread. I just want them to start producing better pictures and using better models. Plain backgrounds and random models who I personally think suck at modeling are not what I want from VS. I hope they are able to salvage the company, and maybe if they switch up people we'll get awesome pictures again. I would love to see more events and things to talk about. VS used to do so much fun stuff, even if it was kind of lame like the "What is Sexy" or all the swim events and all the interviews and TV shows they used to send the Angels to....now they barely do anything except take crappy pictures with crappy models. But I still stick around here in hopes something good will come out from them. And I like some of the Angels, so I like to see their VS work. 

I think it's fun to discuss. and @Schemer I agree with everything you said. 

On 2/21/2020 at 4:23 PM, Luca Taidelli said:

Anyone knows who she is? The image it's from VS Swim Lilytiger.

IMG_2588.JPG

I'm not sure, but my guess is Maya Stepper or Megan Williams. I looked through their thread and didn't see this picture, but it's probably not them. I like this picture a lot, though, and I would also like to know who the model is. Hopefully someone can help us. 

3 hours ago, Sensual said:

If you are wondering why he complains so much, its because he's a frustrated eat the rich armchair anarchist type, who uses hyperbole in everything they say.

That's rude. Why are you so passionate to fight any criticism towards the Victoria's Secret company, so much that you need to throw unnecessary personal insults, even though I never addressed you?

And I didn't use a single hyperbole, everything is well documented and is a fact.

I never understood why people line up to defend shady billionaires, as if they appreciate that. If VS truly cared about its "fans" they would treat their employees better and not make lingerie that falls apart after few washes.

22 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

If it's just people hating on a particular model or brand for no reason then obviously that is unfair, but imo a lot of the comments here are just from people who don't like the current direction of VS but do want the brand to succeed. 

On 2/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, jessicanicole said:

Same energy :PinkCouture2:

Also Elsa still hasn't done any VS in months, the more time it passes, the more I think she is done with the brand. I honestly think it would be a thing for everyone and I hope the new owners cut the Angel line up a lot, get a fresh start, focus on five to eight girls and build your brand again. At this point a line up of Leomie, Romee, Taylor, Lorena D, Alexina, Barbara, Grace and Stella would be something realistic IMO and I think it could work really well for them, you have the whole #woke thing covered without going too extreme. 

On 2/22/2020 at 10:52 AM, Schemer said:

That's why.

It's mainly to maintain the status quo (I have read enough of your posts and I know you already know what the status quo is) that VS had over the past couple of decades. VS has had numerous issues that needed to be have been addressed since the early 2010s but it was easier to sweep it in the under rug , blame everyone else who didn't fit the standards of VS for whatever reason, or stay the same and wait until trends turn back into their favor.

7 hours ago, hillstreet said:

If it's just people hating on a particular model or brand for no reason then obviously that is unfair, but imo a lot of the comments here are just from people who don't like the current direction of VS but do want the brand to succeed. 

Thank you, I was a huge fan of VS. And I'm sad where they are now.

VS Angel was a pop culture institution. It was a huge deal.

Today, we're not even 100% sure who the Angels are and the general population couldn't give a damn and could not even mention any of the new girls.

Most would still probably name Gisele, Adriana or Ale. lol

19 minutes ago, Schemer said:

Today, we're not even 100% sure who the Angels are and the general population couldn't give a damn and could not even mention any of the new girls.

I don't know, I find it interesting coming into this thread and seeing everyone speculating about who still is and isn't a VS girl. 😛

On 2/23/2020 at 3:41 PM, Schemer said:

I think the reason most people can't name any of the current angels is because there are no more true supermodels in fashion. Back in the day you had Tyra, Gisele, Naomi, Heidi & Adriana working for the brand (Naomi wasn't an angel, but still). These were true supermodels that became household names. They all had that "it" factor that only few possessed; they had huge personalities and that star quality that made them stand out from all the rest.

These days, with the rise of Instagram and social media, it's like anyone can become a model. You no longer have to have the "it" factor, you just need a ton of followers. There's no one that stands out anymore because everyone is chasing after likes and trends. The whole concept of the supermodel is dead. Adriana was their last real household name; not even Candice reached her level. The current girls are pretty, but they just don't have the star quality of the previous era supers- which is why they're less known.

Like you, I'm also sad for where the brand is now. They really had a great number of years and I used to really enjoy watching the fashion show, but it's just not the same anymore and we have to accept that.

16 hours ago, Clauds said:

Same energy :PinkCouture2:

Also Elsa still hasn't done any VS in months, the more time it passes, the more I think she is done with the brand. I honestly think it would be a thing for everyone and I hope the new owners cut the Angel line up a lot, get a fresh start, focus on five to eight girls and build your brand again. At this point a line up of Leomie, Romee, Taylor, Lorena D, Alexina, Barbara, Grace and Stella would be something realistic IMO and I think it could work really well for them, you have the whole #woke thing covered without going too extreme. 

The thing is, is I would rather see VS improve itself rather than the company just end. People's jobs are at stake in this, and I just simply cant call for a company to just simply end itself.  I could care less about the executives. VS was once a pop culture phenom, and its a shame that has to go in this state.

20 hours ago, bump said:

I just want VS to fix itself, but I know it'll never be like it was. I really enjoyed looking at old VS pictures and watching videos of events and interviews with the Angels, but we don't have those now and that's sad. 

I agree as well. We can’t have the golden age of VS anymore, but we can have a better than current age. 
 I would love to see them right their ship and concentrate on better quality items, better quality photo shoots and make the Angels great again.:MLA:

4 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I would love to see them right their ship and concentrate on better quality items, better quality photo shoots and make the Angels great again.

Yes, I have noticed their products have been lacking. I used to love their PINK yoga pants, and they are all plain and ugly now. I loved the color-blocking ones they had a few years ago. They also used to be a thicker and more durable material, but now they are just blah.

And the photoshoots now are so plain! I know I keep saying how boring they are, but if you look back at the older shoots, they had so much life to them that it actually brought the lingerie/clothes to life. And the models they used were much better than these random models they have now. I wish they would spotlight the Angels more as well. I don't know what the point in having Angels is if they aren't going to use them. I wish they still sent them to interviews and things like that. The brand is so boring, but I do feel like they could fix it if they try. But maybe this plain approach is what they're going for? Like they want minimalism and nothing fancy? IDK.