Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

12 hours ago, bump said:

Was Katie one of the winners of a one of those stupid model searches? ...

And Fabiana who? I don't know much about VS from the earlier years, especially any of the Brazilians besides Adriana and Alessandra, but I'd like to look up Fabiana. 

thanks for replying! I always enjoy your posts!

Katy Perry, the singer. She did a mash up medley of the top songs of hers. 

Sorry, I should have clarified and included her last name, Semprebom.  
She’s based out of Miami now, where her husband owns a tennis school. 

:wub6yh2cm:

Aww, thanks for your sweet compliment, Bump! I enjoy your posts too! :hug:

So as much as I dislike Ashley Graham, I am also 100% obsessed with anything Rosie Huntington-Whitley does so I watched her Pretty Big Deal interview with Ashley which I will be posting here and the topic of VS came up twice: first discussing Rosie's big break, and then discussing how she got her current M&S line. In the first bit, Rosie actually goes and says VS was everything she expected and more, you can see she looks back fondly to those days and in this day and age it would have been so easy for her to shit on VS, especially when being interviewed by VS' #1 hater. And then around min 31 VS comes up again when she is discussing her M&S line and she mentions she not only had reached a ceiling with VS but also that the company started to swift and you can see she did not like that, we all now Rosie left after the 2010 so I kinda wonder what she meant. It was around that time Candice, Lily and Behati became a thing in VS and they started to sign more models but I feel like VS would have pushed hard for Rosie had she stayed, so I really really wonder what swift she meant.

Here's the full thing in case anyone wants to check it out

I use BIng as my homepage, and Victoria's Secret was one of the headline little squares of news at the bottom of the page. Here's one of the articles they listed:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/2020/02/20/victorias-secret-l-brands-private-equity/4816649002/

I don't really understand this. Could someone who is more business savvy help me and explain what's going on? It doesn't look good, at least that much I can understand. 

I also saw that Macy's is closing 125 stores. I am a teacher by trade and degree, but I wanted more flexibility in my schedule so I went back to waitressing/retail. It scares me that they are going to close so many stores! I feel like restaurants are safe, but I can see more and more stores like JC Penny and stuff closing because so many people shop online. 

I wonder if they'll start closing VS stores since it doesn't seem like they're doing too well and since so many other places are closing so they can shift to their online business?

@Clauds thank you for posting that video!  I really like Rosie and am interested in what she has to say. Thank you for listing out what she says about VS because that's the main thing I'm interesting in hearing. 

Curious question, but wasn't there a supposed insider's news back 2018 that Taylor (potentially) was no longer an angel? I get Leomie being placed alongside the other models, but find it weird that Taylor is there. Gives me vibes that she's been "downgraded". I know certain angels have been placed alongside non-angels for a shot but seeing Taylor there just screams "VS doesn't love her anymore". I'm probably reading too much into this but anyone care to debunk supposed rumor about Tay not being an angel?

Also, yes to Sui being used for a non-Asian only context based marketing campaign, good to see her in the picture after they did her dirty in 2018. With Ming being too busy with caring for her baby, Sui is the only Chinese face that has worked long enough for VS for the brand to feel comfortable using her in their campaign. Pity this didn't happen earlier or she could have been an angel, maybe that can still happen if the new acquisition of the brand can turn things around and make VSFS happen...

Edit: Didn't know Jasmine was in the New Neutrals campaign. Shit, girl barely had a presence. Still, my question about Taylor stands. What happened to Stella too btw?

10 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I have a feeling this new owner will mostly be selling VS off for parts. I think it's unlikely they could turn the brand around at this point. 

I agree. I think it's highly unlikely that they can turn the brand around at this point. It's just too many problems that have been building up for years and years- bad marketing, poor quality products, the MeToo movement, allegations of sexual assault, ties to an alleged sex trafficker. The list goes on and on. Plus the general public seems to have turned on them and the younger generation doesn't seem to care either. I really don't know what the new owner can do at this point to salvage the brand because it seems like even VS, themselves, have accepted that it can't be saved.

10 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Curious question, but wasn't there a supposed insider's news back 2018 that Taylor (potentially) was no longer an angel? I get Leomie being placed alongside the other models, but find it weird that Taylor is there. Gives me vibes that she's been "downgraded". I know certain angels have been placed alongside non-angels for a shot but seeing Taylor there just screams "VS doesn't love her anymore". I'm probably reading too much into this but anyone care to debunk supposed rumor about Tay not being an angel?

Also, yes to Sui being used for a non-Asian only context based marketing campaign, good to see her in the picture after they did her dirty in 2018. With Ming being too busy with caring for her baby, Sui is the only Chinese face that has worked long enough for VS for the brand to feel comfortable using her in their campaign. Pity this didn't happen earlier or she could have been an angel, maybe that can still happen if the new acquisition of the brand can turn things around and make VSFS happen...

Edit: Didn't know Jasmine was in the New Neutrals campaign. Shit, girl barely had a presence. Still, my question about Taylor stands. What happened to Stella too btw?

I've never heard any rumors about Taylor not being an angel anymore. She's one of the youngest and has one of the biggest social media followings out of all the angels. So it seems unlikely that they would downgrade her. I also think she's one of the prettiest of the current angels. Her only downfall for me is her personality- or lack thereof. She comes across as quite boring and dull and gives off basic high school cheerleader vibes. Idk that's just me. I guess she's good for VS though since it's been made pretty clear that they're targeting younger and younger customers.

I really like Lorena Duran. I'm surprised VS is shooting more swim though. I honestly see them being done soon. 

19 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

I haven't heard anything about Taylor not being an Angel anymore, but she seems in bored with everything VS so it wouldn't surprise me if she quits when her contract is up or if maybe they did kind of demote her. I used to really like her as Angel, but not so much anymore. 

And Jasmine was always one of my favorites, but I agree with you-she has no presence in that campaign. I think it's because all of the new VS stuff is bland and plain, none of the models look good, not even Barbara who is my favorite. I could care less about Stella, but I'm going to check her thread and i do remember seeing a picture in Taylor's thread that Stella was in from February 14 so I guess she's still with VS?

I wonder how the current Angels/VS models feel about all the negative stuff surrounding VS. I wonder if working for VS could ever hurt their careers?

1 hour ago, bump said:

I really like Lorena Duran. I'm surprised VS is shooting more swim though. I honestly see them being done soon. 

I haven't heard anything about Taylor not being an Angel anymore, but she seems in bored with everything VS so it wouldn't surprise me if she quits when her contract is up or if maybe they did kind of demote her. I used to really like her as Angel, but not so much anymore. 

And Jasmine was always one of my favorites, but I agree with you-she has no presence in that campaign. I think it's because all of the new VS stuff is bland and plain, none of the models look good, not even Barbara who is my favorite. I could care less about Stella, but I'm going to check her thread and i do remember seeing a picture in Taylor's thread that Stella was in from February 14 so I guess she's still with VS?

I wonder how the current Angels/VS models feel about all the negative stuff surrounding VS. I wonder if working for VS could ever hurt their careers?

Dont know but I suggest to them that they better start looking for other clients 

1 minute ago, kells said:

Dont know but I suggest to them that they better start looking for other clients 

Same here. VS doesn't seem to be putting out the amount of work like they used to. And they're using random models a lot. I think the Angels should be being used more, but I guess VS wants the random models more. I'm sure they pay them less as opposed to the Angels, but I can't imagine the Angel contract being worth much anymore. 

4 minutes ago, bump said:

Same here. VS doesn't seem to be putting out the amount of work like they used to. And they're using random models a lot. I think the Angels should be being used more, but I guess VS wants the random models more. I'm sure they pay them less as opposed to the Angels, but I can't imagine the Angel contract being worth much anymore. 

What I'm trying to explain in my past posts : VS angels will become distinct in a matter of when not if . Grace and Alexina are well suited for lingerie but they came around at the wrong time .

8 hours ago, kells said:

Well, some of them already secured another lucrative contracts so i think these ones will be fine without VS:

* Josephine has Maybelline contract and now she's working with Sports Illustrated. 

* Romee has her youtube channel that's doing good numbers actually. 

* Candice has her swim brand. 

* Grace has Estée Lauder contract. 

* Sara has Armani contract. 

* Taylor keeps getting plenty of good work like Ralph Lauren and has Lancome contact. 

* Alexina has Loreal contract. 

* Barbara has Armani contract. 

* Stella still works with Versace and Moschino regularly and she seems to have good connections. 

The ones that would probably be most affected if they lost the angel contract in my opinion are:

* Elsa, she did some capsule collections but she doesn't seem to get anything big. 

* Lais i think will be the most affected by it. 

* Jasmine started her youtube channel, but it isn't as big as romee and i haven't seen done any big job besides VS. 

* Martha is the same as Jasmine with youtube. 

* Leomie has her brand but it isn't that big. 

(btw i had to check a VS page on instagram to remember all of the angels, there are so many 💀

13 hours ago, Freak said:

Well, some of them already secured another lucrative contracts so i think these ones will be fine without VS:

* Josephine has Maybelline contract and now she's working with Sports Illustrated. 

* Romee has her youtube channel that's doing good numbers actually. 

* Candice has her swim brand. 

* Grace has Estée Lauder contract. 

* Sara has Armani contract. 

* Taylor keeps getting plenty of good work like Ralph Lauren and has Lancome contact. 

* Alexina has Loreal contract. 

* Barbara has Armani contract. 

* Stella still works with Versace and Moschino regularly and she seems to have good connections. 

The ones that would probably be most affected if they lost the angel contract in my opinion are:

* Elsa, she did some capsule collections but she doesn't seem to get anything big. 

* Lais i think will be the most affected by it. 

* Jasmine started her youtube channel, but it isn't as big as romee and i haven't seen done any big job besides VS. 

* Martha is the same as Jasmine with youtube. 

* Leomie has her brand but it isn't that big. 

(btw i had to check a VS page on instagram to remember all of the angels, there are so many 💀

Thanks for posting . Models deserve to be in a good work environment and wish them all continued success .

VS sold it's majority shares to a company that in the past has a track record of bringing companies back from the brink. It's a little too early for you guys to be over exaggerating as to what you think is going to happen with VS, maybe sit back, wait and watch with a little less gloom and doom and if you really want them to fail, then why are you in this thread anyways? Naturally you'd think you'd be looking for something positive to talk about, but nope we don't get to see that. All in all VS will be fine. Shareholders will continue to get paid and life will move on.

Imagine talking about VS without doing any  research into what's actually going on with the company KEKW

Sycamore Partners has been involved in more than a dozen retail industry buyouts since it was founded in 2011, acquiring, and later exiting, several major names in footwear, including Stuart Weitzman, Nine West  and Kurt Geiger. The New York-based company currently manages $10 billion in assets, and its retail portfolio includes Belk, The Limited, Talbots, Staples, Torrid and 6q9zIvs.png Hot Topic.

Several of the businesses Sycamore has exited are now in healthier positions. Kurt Geiger, another former Jones Group property, was bought by European private equity firm Cinven for a reported $372 million in December 2015. Since then, its new owners have focused on growing the business through international expansion, investing in new stores and technology, and growing its popular handbags category.

For the year ended January 2019, the brand’s earnings increased 5.7% to 38.1 million pounds ($49 million), while sales were up 3% to 349 million pounds ($450 million).

We believe the separation of Victoria’s Secret Lingerie, Victoria’s Secret Beauty and PINK into a privately held company provides the best path to restoring these businesses to their historic levels of profitability and growth," CEO Les Wexner said in the statement. "Sycamore, which has deep experience in the retail industry and a superior track record of success, will bring a fresh perspective and greater focus to the business. We believe that, as a private company, Victoria’s Secret will be better able to focus on longer-term results. We are pleased that, by retaining a significant ownership stake, our shareholders will have the ability to meaningfully participate in the upside potential of these iconic brands."