Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

12 hours ago, Sensual said:

This company is getting deader by the day. I don't see any signs that they have actually changed or adapted to the market. They aren't using their angels anymore, and they aren't doing what they used to be like. I feel so sorry for the models.

I really wonder if being an angel is even a coveted thing anymore. With all the negative press the brand keeps getting these days it seems like it would hurt their careers/image more than help. At this point if they're gonna have angels they should really cut it down to 4 or 5 because 15 is WAY too many and some of them are rather forgettable. Being an angel just isn't what it used to be.

8 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

I really wonder if being an angel is even a coveted thing anymore. With all the negative press the brand keeps getting these days it seems like it would hurt their careers/image more than help. At this point if they're gonna have angels they should really cut it down to 4 or 5 because 15 is WAY too many and some of them are rather forgettable. Being an angel just isn't what it used to be.

It has lost its exclusivity for sure.

11 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

They dont even need to just cut it down. Just make use of them the most. They are all a diverse cast of models, with different strengths.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the Angels now too. Lily, Behati, Adriana, and Alessandra left at the right time! 

I wonder why Candice is still working for VS. She doesn't seem to work for them a lot, but I have seen pictures recently for VS from her. I wish she'd just leave. She's so much better than them. No one even talks about her and VS anymore. 

6 hours ago, bump said:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the Angels now too. Lily, Behati, Adriana, and Alessandra left at the right time! 

I wonder why Candice is still working for VS. She doesn't seem to work for them a lot, but I have seen pictures recently for VS from her. I wish she'd just leave. She's so much better than them. No one even talks about her and VS anymore. 

The age of the supermodel is dead, modeling jobs have become too saturated with actors, singers, and Instagram models now, and they are who get all the media.

11 hours ago, bump said:

Do you know when Candice's contract ends? I was wondering the same thing too. I can't see why she would still be there at this point other than waiting for her contract to run out.

Candice is clearly just finishing her contract. No way she would renew. It is very sad that VS is over. I dont see how they could have a VSFS ever again at this point. Let's hope some other company brings a better show (not a fan of H&M nor the Rihanna one)

16 hours ago, Sensual said:

The age of the supermodel is dead, modeling jobs have become too saturated with actors, singers, and Instagram models now, and they are who get all the media.

I hate seeing all the celebrities working with brands. I don't mind instagram models as much because at least they model, but I wish we could just leave actresses and singers where they belong. Some may be good at modeling as well, but I like to keep things compartmentalized. That's just me though. 

11 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

Do you know when Candice's contract ends? I was wondering the same thing too. I can't see why she would still be there at this point other than waiting for her contract to run out.

I have no idea when it ends, but that's my guess too is that she's working until it ends. She doesn't have many VS pictures nowadays anyways. 

5 hours ago, Larek said:

Candice is clearly just finishing her contract. No way she would renew. It is very sad that VS is over. I dont see how they could have a VSFS ever again at this point. Let's hope some other company brings a better show (not a fan of H&M nor the Rihanna one)

I can't see them having a VSFS anymore, either. I can see the brand ceasing to exist in the new year or so. I don't see nearly as many people wearing PINK anymore, which was always super popular around here and our VS store is always dead. It's so overpriced and I think the PINK clothes are ugly now and the bras suck. But they had a great run and have been around for a while now so at least they have that to hang on to. 

Just now, bump said:

I hate seeing all the celebrities working with brands. I don't mind instagram models as much because at least they model, but I wish we could just leave actresses and singers where they belong. Some may be good at modeling as well, but I like to keep things compartmentalized. That's just me though. 

Not just you.

19 hours ago, Sensual said:

I hate how instagram has influenced the model industy .It takes just one product for an  influencer to advertise with a well known brand to be called a model. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:32 AM, bump said:

Thanks for writing out your list! I have never watched the early shows, so you listing your favorite segments gives me an idea where to start with the earlier shows. I don't want to watch the whole thing, so I'll just start by watching segments if I can find them. 

and yes, I agree on the shows being a mess, but I would put 2013 in the "omg you are such a mess" category. I HATED that year the most. I actually cringe a little when I think about how bad I thought it was lol. I see you only like one segment from that year lol

For me, the “favorite segment” is really a crap one, Pink 2010. With the terrible Katie compilation. 

But it was my Fabiana’s first (and only) year to walk. Given the fact that she was doing catalog and website during the time of the Brazilian invasion, they only let her walk one year? 

Though the company has turned into a total crap festival now, I’m glad that she didn’t stay with the brand. (Or maybe she was one of the girls who said no?)

13 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

For me, the “favorite segment” is really a crap one, Pink 2010. With the terrible Katie compilation. 

But it was my Fabiana’s first (and only) year to walk. Given the fact that she was doing catalog and website during the time of the Brazilian invasion, they only let her walk one year? 

Though the company has turned into a total crap festival now, I’m glad that she didn’t stay with the brand. (Or maybe she was one of the girls who said no?)

Was Katie one of the winners of a one of those stupid model searches? I can't remember the girls name from the 2007 show who walked in PINK, but I didn't think she was any good. I don't know why she got picked. She had short blonde hair and was carrying a surfboard thing. Is that Katie?

And Fabiana who? I don't know much about VS from the earlier years, especially any of the Brazilians besides Adriana and Alessandra, but I'd like to look up Fabiana. 

thanks for replying! I always enjoy your posts!