Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 1/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, bump said:

:rofl:

Somehow I actually didn't think Sadie was too bad in the show. Glad she never shot for VS (or did she? I hope not), but Megan was awful. 

Random morning musings over my coffee:

---I have been re watching old VSFS, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2007 PINK section. I had never really watched it, all I knew about it was Candice's ski bunny outfit (because so many people had talked about it). Then I actually watched it, and the song started ("Get Free"-The Vines) and I was like WTF good music, I love this song! ??? And the Miranda opened, and Rosie and Behati were in it...that was has become one of my favorite sections ever now. It had such a great energy. 

Am I the only one who likes the 2009 show? I was reading through the thread for that show and everyone trashed it lol. 

Omg same! That was by far the very best PINK segment ever! The lineup was fierce asf, the outfits were cute and consistent with the theme and the music was PERFECT! 

agreed as well, a lot of people hate the 2009 show but even tho it’s one of my least faves, I love the overall energy the show had. It felt so interactive with the audience and I don’t mind that it almost looked like a concert  and I actually liked the V shaped runway idea tbh it was clever and cute. Overall, you can’t lie and say 2009 didn’t have some good segments (All Aboard and Enchanted Forest were the best but Star Trooper was a hot ass mess lmao)

Who are the models in the campaign anyway? I don't know who the thiccc black girl, the short-haired Asian and the brown girl are? And as much as I adore both Riley and my girlfriend JooJoo what the hell are they doing there? and Jasmine Sanders? :rofl: 

I did notice, a lot of girls are crossing over between SI and VS, so far this year: JooJoo, Jasmine, Lorena Duran and Marquita have done both, with Lais and Barbara possibly also doing both. I wonder if both brands decided to join forces in an attempt to make girls more relevant.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Who are the models in the campaign anyway? I don't know who the thiccc black girl, the short-haired Asian and the brown girl are? And as much as I adore both Riley and my girlfriend JooJoo what the hell are they doing there? and Jasmine Sanders? :rofl: 

I did notice, a lot of girls are crossing over between SI and VS, so far this year: JooJoo, Jasmine, Lorena Duran and Marquita have done both, with Lais and Barbara possibly also doing both. I wonder if both brands decided to join forces in an attempt to make girls more relevant.

Screenshot_20200115_130449.thumb.jpg.da0784b5ecd6ab2dea9bb8cdcf0e3365.jpg

i don't know why vs is so obsessed with jasmine sanders tbh looks like a basic instamodel 

I think Jasmine is okay, do I love her? No, but VS could -and has- done much worse, like this Yvonne chick who is so basic it makes me want to cry a bit, Nisaa is jut downright unattractive tbh, like, yiiiikes. The rest of the girls are pretty, I just think it makes zero sense to have a campaign with such a huge group of girls yet only two of them are Angels. But that's not even the worst part, cast aside, the styling is just off, it's basic, not sexy or appealing at all. I adore Alexina but she looks exhausted in the pictures, Barbara looks older. I think JooJoo, Chiharu and Jasmine S actually look best.

While golf clapping VS for embracing the "new diversity" with their models, I have to say this. 

C'mon VS. if you want to celebrate diversity with your products,y'all need to have more diversity with their damn sizing! And don't make the DD and DDD Online Only! Like we big girls don't try on bras in store? Or that we may need some assistance with sizing? And go up at least two band sizes if you want the big girl's cash. 

30 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

C'mon VS. if you want to celebrate diversity with your products,y'all need to have more diversity with their damn sizing! And don't make the DD and DDD Online Only! Like we big girls don't try on bras in store? Or that we may need some assistance with sizing? And go up at least two band sizes if you want the big girl's cash. 

Fun fact, this is also a problem with H&M, I've been to no joke at least four different stores the past couple of weeks and you kbow how many DD bras I've seen? Zero, none, nada, null. However, I don't see nobody complaining about H&M which is quite honestly bullshit, i was supposed to send my sister some bras to Argentina with a friend and I couldn't because I didn't find a single bra her size o.o

29 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Fun fact, this is also a problem with H&M, I've been to no joke at least four different stores the past couple of weeks and you kbow how many DD bras I've seen? Zero, none, nada, null. However, I don't see nobody complaining about H&M which is quite honestly bullshit, i was supposed to send my sister some bras to Argentina with a friend and I couldn't because I didn't find a single bra her size o.o

That totally sucks!

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

people really buy lingerie at H&M? :rofl: ok if you don't give a shit about spending money for that but it looks cheap as hell and cheap lingerie is a big nope for me

How snobby. Frankly the quality is probably on par with VS’s shit at this point and they have great cute comfy everyday bralettes. 

19 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

How snobby. Frankly the quality is probably on par with VS’s shit at this point and they have great cute comfy everyday bralettes. 

Quality is actually way better than VS :ninja: and they have a lot more options too, I'm a 34B and finding bras without pushup in VS is a struggle. It's completely approaches tho, I buy VS stuff when I feel like channeling my inner hoe, and I buy H&M for like, daily life and more boring lingerie, same for Aerie.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Quality is actually way better than VS :ninja: and they have a lot more options too, I'm a 34B and finding bras without pushup in VS is a struggle. It's completely approaches tho, I buy VS stuff when I feel like channeling my inner hoe, and I buy H&M for like, daily life and more boring lingerie, same for Aerie.

i was talking in general, i never saw a VS bra in my life so idk about the quality, is way too expensive anyway so i don't think i'll ever buy one :rofl: 

H&M is more a clothing brand, I'm not shocked about them not having bras for everyone

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

the fuck? :rofl: i'm not snobby AT ALL, like i said idk about vs since i don't even have a store near me..there are so many good brands with quality stuff and good prices so going to H&M for lingerie is weird to me

10 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

i was talking in general, i never saw a VS bra in my life so idk about the quality, is way too expensive anyway so i don't think i'll ever buy one :rofl: 

H&M is more a clothing brand, I'm not shocked about them not having bras for everyone

the fuck? :rofl: i'm not snobby AT ALL, like i said idk about vs since i don't even have a store near me..there are so many good brands with quality stuff and good prices so going to H&M for lingerie is weird to me

VS quality used to be pretty damn good, so paying USD$50 for a bra was a good invesment, they would last years and years, I still have VS bras I bought in 2012 and they look great, same for panties, you could buy five for $25 and be confident they would go a long way. However, in the past five years or so quality has gone down a lot, while prices hace remained the same or gotten even higher, I think I stopped buying VS bras about three years ago now? I bought a bralette and by the second wash it had a hole and that was the last straw for me. H&M sells things for maybe half the price and it's actually good quality and has way more options for styles. I personally like H&M stuff a lot, unless I'm getting lingerie for a special ocassion like Christmas or Valentine's Day, all I want is plain cotton underwear and H&M is great at that :idk: I'll still buy VS panties if they are on sale, but only the cotton ones, the rest are just uncomfortable fabrics and shitty quality. 

Say what you want about the new spring preview and all, but man those mauve-y pink colors are just calling my name. Also not all that surprised to see the diversity, forced or not, in the campaign. Their every day angel/survey program had a whole topic devoted to people's thoughts about not just the models, but sizes as well. 

On 1/14/2020 at 8:10 PM, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Omg same! That was by far the very best PINK segment ever! The lineup was fierce asf, the outfits were cute and consistent with the theme and the music was PERFECT! 

agreed as well, a lot of people hate the 2009 show but even tho it’s one of my least faves, I love the overall energy the show had. It felt so interactive with the audience and I don’t mind that it almost looked like a concert  and I actually liked the V shaped runway idea tbh it was clever and cute. Overall, you can’t lie and say 2009 didn’t have some good segments (All Aboard and Enchanted Forest were the best but Star Trooper was a hot ass mess lmao)

All Aboard is one of my all time favorite segments and I love that Doutzen opened it. and OMG Star Trooper was fun because I liked Miranda, Ale, and Candice, but the outfits were awful. IDK who allowed those to be put on the runway. 

Glad to hear you also thought the music for the 2007 PINk segment was awesome. I want more rock style songs, like when they included "Break on Through"- The Doors during the 2012 Circus Segment. 

Those pink background pictures suck. and the models suck. I don't even want to bother finding out who they are.