Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Honesty I will be crushed if Elsa's contract doesn't expire this year :rofl: the fact that she hasn't shot for them in months and has missed several key campaigns has me excited that finally she'll move on. VS is a sinking ship and I need my girls to leave asap.

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

Honesty I will be crushed if Elsa's contract doesn't expire this year :rofl: the fact that she hasn't shot for them in months and has missed several key campaigns has me excited that finally she'll move on. VS is a sinking ship and I need my girls to leave asap.

Same. Honestly, now I don’t even know what was the point of the new Angels announced this year? Is the show indefinitely cancelled or just cancelled this year? because almost every media outlet and their Wikipedia page is saying it’s a officially cancelled. 

9 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Same. Honestly, now I don’t even know what was the point of the new Angels announced this year? Is the show indefinitely cancelled or just cancelled this year? because almost every media outlet and their Wikipedia page is saying it’s a officially cancelled. 

So help me god when did it become a staple of journalism to not understand the English language. My irkiness is NOT directed at you, Andrew.

I'm so completely frustrated with people constantly glancing over words and then picking and choosing what they want to see/read because it fits the narrative of what they want to see/hear.  People want the downfall of VS so badly that when an article or headline comes out that says "THE END OF VS, SHOW IS CANCELED" they do zero research to find out the truth behind the statement, hell they can't even be bothered to scroll down and read the entire article which would tell them what they want to know.

Will the show be axed for good? No telling, but Burgdoerfer says the team its main focus is on the products right now.

2019 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Officially Cancelled

It’s confirmed that the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show won’t be happening this year. L Brands, the parent company of the lingerie retailer, has officially canceled the 2019 show.

“We’ll be communicating to customers, but nothing that I would say is similar in magnitude to the fashion show,” CFO Stuart Burgdoerfer said during the company’s third-quarter earnings call.

The brand said the decision was part of a move to “evolve the marketing of Victoria’s Secret.”

“Given the decline in performance at Victoria’s Secret, we have substantially pulled back on capital investment in that business while we focus on ensuring that our merchandise resonates with customers,” L Brands said in its Q3 earnings report.

In May, the brand said it would be rethinking the show.

In a statement sent to the company’s associates at the time and obtained by USA TODAY, Les Wexner, CEO of L Brands, the parent company of the lingerie brand, revealed this year’s show is going in a different direction.

“Fashion is a business of change. We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show,” the statement read. “Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit.”

The statement continued, “In 2019 and beyond, we’re focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event – delivered to our customers on platforms that she’s glued to … and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age.”

"We think it’s important to evolve the marketing of Victoria’s Secret," Burgdoerfer said. "We recognize and appreciate that the communication of the brand, the offerings, the emotional content of Victoria Secret is obviously an important thing."

Given how integral Victoria's Secret show is to the brand, Burgdoerfer explained that the VS team is working hard to find evolve the brand and cater to the customer.

"[The show] was a very important part of the brand-building of this business and was an important aspect of the brand and a remarkable marketing achievement," he continued. "And with that said, we’re figuring out how to advance the positioning of the brand and best communicate that to customers and that’s among the things that [Victoria’s Secret chief executive officer] John [Mehas] is focused on."

Last year, following controversial comments made by L Brands' former chief marketing officer Ed Razek, the annual Victoria's Secret holiday show was viewed by only 3.27 million people, its lowest rating ever. Will the show be axed for good? No telling, but Burgdoerfer says the team its main focus is on the products right now.

"This is a business that’s had challenges in lingerie now for three or four years and it’s going to take some time to stabilize it and get it back to where it should be," Burgdoerfer said. "We believe the most important thing is the quality of the merchandise itself, the quality of our execution and selling in stores and online."

-----

As of now, only 2019 is canceled. Between what Burgdoerfer and Wexner have said is that they want to take a year or two off, regroup, rethink the show, and move it towards a stable viewing platform like Youtube, or Hulu, or Netflix.. because TV in 2019 btw.  It's so rare to break the mid millions on shows anymore and when they do break it's only a matter of a couple of years before the numbers start to fall.

Back when Friends was on TV and no one was torrenting or using Smartphones, and PCs to view everything, their weekly shows could pull in 25 to 30 million viewers in the United States alone...  If Friends was to broadcast today as a brand new show, maybe 10 million for the first season, but every season after that the numbers would drop. 

As technology has evolved people have less want or need to be told when they need to watch something. We watch at our leisure, and standard TV doesn't allow for that, so the best thing VS could do is move to an online platform.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd personally like them to take a year off to get their shit together then move to Prime, Hulu, Youtube, or Netflix next year. Maybe they could make it a 5-7 part hour-long series on the lead up to the show, the process it goes through picking the venue, the themes, making of the holiday commercial, FB, hiring of models, outfit creations, models trying on the outfits, wings, in-store events, etc.

3 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd personally like them to take a year off to get their shit together then move to Prime, Hulu, Youtube, or Netflix next year. Maybe they could make it a 5-7 part hour-long series on the lead up to the show, the process it goes through picking the venue, the themes, making of the holiday commercial, FB, hiring of models, outfit creations, models trying on the outfits, wings, in-store events, etc.

I completely agree with you. A five minute peek into the build up for the show isn’t working for me. 

I’m a “behind the scenes” and “making of” shows fan. I’d ligit watch that! 

I also agree with you about people reading click bait titles and jump to the conclusion of what ever the minds behind the click bait tag wants them to think.  You said it better than I did. :)

3 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

So help me god when did it become a staple of journalism to not understand the English language. My irkiness is NOT directed at you, Andrew.

I'm so completely frustrated with people constantly glancing over words and then picking and choosing what they want to see/read because it fits the narrative of what they want to see/hear.  People want the downfall of VS so badly that when an article or headline comes out that says "THE END OF VS, SHOW IS CANCELED" they do zero research to find out the truth behind the statement, hell they can't even be bothered to scroll down and read the entire article which would tell them what they want to know.

2019 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Officially Cancelled

-----

As of now, only 2019 is canceled. Between what Burgdoerfer and Wexner have said is that they want to take a year or two off, regroup, rethink the show, and move it towards a stable viewing platform like Youtube, or Hulu, or Netflix.. because TV in 2019 btw.  It's so rare to break the mid millions on shows anymore and when they do break it's only a matter of a couple of years before the numbers start to fall.

Back when Friends was on TV and no one was torrenting or using Smartphones, and PCs to view everything, their weekly shows could pull in 25 to 30 million viewers in the United States alone...  If Friends was to broadcast today as a brand new show, maybe 10 million for the first season, but every season after that the numbers would drop. 

As technology has evolved people have less want or need to be told when they need to watch something. We watch at our leisure, and standard TV doesn't allow for that, so the best thing VS could do is move to an online platform.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd personally like them to take a year off to get their shit together then move to Prime, Hulu, Youtube, or Netflix next year. Maybe they could make it a 5-7 part hour-long series on the lead up to the show, the process it goes through picking the venue, the themes, making of the holiday commercial, FB, hiring of models, outfit creations, models trying on the outfits, wings, in-store events, etc.

PREACH

Am I the only one noticing that VS is trying just as hard to appeal to the HF crowd as they are trying to get diversity brownie points post-Edward Razek? Birgit, Abby, who the hell is next? And yes of course we have known Abby for years but her transition to high fashion modeling has been exceptionally smooth and now Victoria's Secret wants to place her next to the Angels. And then there's that rumor Grace was a last minute contracted angel, how much do you want to bet her incredibly versatile career aided her with that?

5 hours ago, naomi said:

Am I the only one noticing that VS is trying just as hard to appeal to the HF crowd as they are trying to get diversity brownie points post-Edward Razek? Birgit, Abby, who the hell is next? And yes of course we have known Abby for years but her transition to high fashion modeling has been exceptionally smooth and now Victoria's Secret wants to place her next to the Angels. And then there's that rumor Grace was a last minute contracted angel, how much do you want to bet her incredibly versatile career aided her with that?

Don't know, Grace had previously been a contract model for PINK before she became an angel. So she wasn't completely disconnected from the brand.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, BehatiPrincess said:

I’m not into Lorena at all. Not because of her body, but because VS models are supposed to be out-of-this-world beautiful and she just isn’t. I actually think she’s quite unattractive.

dude according to that logic behati prinsloo should be in garbage then...........lorena rae is wayyyyyyyyyyy more beautiful than behati prinsloo

4 hours ago, Sensual said:

Don't know, Grace had previously been a contract model for PINK before she became an angel. So she wasn't completely disconnected from the brand.

Yes. Pretty much as soon as she started working for PINK regularly her high fashion career soared and that made for a smooth transition to becoming an Angel unlike all of the other spokesmodels from Grace’s generation. In fact, we hadn’t seen a transition to being an Angel as smooth as Grace’s for a while. There was a buildup that made everyone ready to see Grace as an angel when it was announced, rather than what we saw with Leomie, whose high fashion peak was years before working for VS, for example.

VS has always dabbled in hiring HF girls, but it’s mostly been for the shows where the likes of natasha poly, anja rubik and karmen pedaru walked. Magdalena Frackowiak also shot a campaign a few years back. 

And I think there might be some weight to the rumor that Grace was a last minute addition. Not sure if it’s because VS didn’t plan on giving her an angel contract and the angry spam from people on Leomie and Alexina’s announcements changed their minds or it was a matter of negotiating a contract that didn’t restrict her career too much, but she didn’t find out she had gotten the contract until after they had already announced the other three who all got special shoots for it. VS does seem to be paying attention to what people bitch about lately but who really knows. Fun to speculate though. 

4 hours ago, Kane said:

Nothing against Abby here, but again VS needs to use only their angels in things like this. That is what they are for, they are representatives and personification of the brand. To have 14 angels and then use like only 7 of them in a single campaign and have non-angels in them is just wasteful?

2 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

VS has always dabbled in hiring HF girls, but it’s mostly been for the shows where the likes of natasha poly, anja rubik and karmen pedaru walked. Magdalena Frackowiak also shot a campaign a few years back. 

And I think there might be some weight to the rumor that Grace was a last minute addition. Not sure if it’s because VS didn’t plan on giving her an angel contract and the angry spam from people on Leomie and Alexina’s announcements changed their minds or it was a matter of negotiating a contract that didn’t restrict her career too much, but she didn’t find out she had gotten the contract until after they had already announced the other three who all got special shoots for it. VS does seem to be paying attention to what people bitch about lately but who really knows. Fun to speculate though. 

I found it quite funny and ridiculous how much people complained, and then Leomie and Alexina turned out to be pretty great.

RThe only new girls they have use lately is Ophelie.

Taylor

Sara

Grace 

Barbara 

Leomie

Lorena 

Ophelie 

would be a great vs angel line up. Seriously they have to many girls. and actually use them for everything.  
The holiday commercial is cute but not for a Christmas commercial. I wanted to see a white tree, models riding a white horse (grace, Lorena, ophelie, and Leomie) and would like to see (sara, palvin, and tay) sorrounded by wolves or huskies. 

On 12/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, Sensual said:

I found it quite funny and ridiculous how much people complained, and then Leomie and Alexina turned out to be pretty great.

I was definitely one of the people who complained (only about Alexina, I really like Leomie), but now I can see her appeal and I like her as an Angel. I still don't think she's pretty (but I like more of a baby doll style face rather than an angular and strong face like hers), but I think she was a good choice to be an Angel. Sadly, being an Angel isn't much anymore. 

I would love to see a more traditional Christmas commercial from them. I know they did cheesy holiday videos (I remember one with 12 days of somethign and then one where the Angels sang "Deck the halls"or something). Even though they were corny, at least it was spirited and looked Christmasy. This new commercial? I would have no idea it was for Christmas. 

VS' Holiday stuff were one of the first things in the year that put me in a xmas mood, but not anymore. I miss those times :( but overall i don't dislike the Meet me at the Jane vid, just not for xmas.