Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

2 minutes ago, WongDong said:

Is it possible they want to wait for this fat acceptance bullshit to stop? And for a fashion show about the sexiest most beautiful women to not need to add weird gimmicks like Harlow?

I don’t think it has anything to do with the fatphobic and transphobic comments Ed made, whole that definitely did put a dent in the brand’s sales, but even before he made those comments the brand was already a sinking ship because of low sales and also the fashion show hasn’t had a high viewership since like 2014..

people literally said ''they're canceling the show instead of adding plus models'' gurl it has nothing to do with that since they're working with lorena durán and solange van doorn ?¿ the problem here is the ratings, nothing to do with plus models and rihanna's show lmao and don't even try to explain it to them, they won't listen because they prefer to believe rihanna ended vs

The problem is that VS is damned if they do, damned if they don't. Let's face it, no other brand has had the impact VS has in the US, wether people love it or hate it, literally everyone knows about VS. And people are super polarized these days, and VS can't simply have it all, they can't please everyone.

You have those who want VS to go the SI route and include literally everyone and then there's those of us who will cry if the likes of a Hunter McGrady ever gets near VS so it's a lose-lose situation for them, they'll get trashed for whatever they do because right now it's on trend to hate them, heck even the same bitches who were fed by VS are not talking crap about the brand that fed them and helped them become bigger names even tho not that long they were kissing Ed Razek's ass. I think it's better for them to lay low for a year or two and then come back once the waters have settled. The ratings begun dropping for many reasons, people not watching tv anymore being the biggest one, literally every yearly show is losing ratings: the Oscars, the grammys, the golden globes. The only thing people tune in these days are sports events.

Also lbr, other than two or three people on twitter no one really gave a fuck about the Savage show, I adore Rihanna but people need to stop acting like the show was a life changing event. I personally don't know a single person outside BZ that watched or cared about it.

8 hours ago, Clauds said:

You have those who want VS to go the SI route and include literally everyone and then there's those of us who will cry if the likes of a Hunter McGrady ever gets near VS so it's a lose-lose situation for them, they'll get trashed for whatever they do because right now it's on trend to hate them, heck even the same bitches who were fed by VS are not talking crap about the brand that fed them and helped them become bigger names even tho not that long they were kissing Ed Razek's ass.

Karlie Kloss, we're looking at you.

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Sad, I have fond memories of the show/convos on BZ about it 

Maybe next year?

Again they have not said they are canceling the show indefinitely as of now. They've said that THIS YEAR is canceled so that they can focus on merchandise and regroup. I'd personally like them to take a year off to get their shit together then move to Prime, Hulu, Youtube, or Netflix next year. Maybe they could make it a 5-7 part hour-long series on the lead up to the show, the process it goes through picking the venue, the themes, making of the holiday commercial, FB, hiring of models, outfit creations, models trying on the outfits, wings, in-store events, etc.

3 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Maybe next year?

Again they have not said they are canceling the show indefinitely as of now. They've said that THIS YEAR is canceled so that they can focus on merchandise and regroup. I'd personally like them to take a year off to get their shit together then move to Prime, Hulu, Youtube, or Netflix next year. Maybe they could make it a 5-7 part hour-long series on the lead up to the show, the process it goes through picking the venue, the themes, making of the holiday commercial, FB, hiring of models, outfit creations, models trying on the outfits, wings, in-store events, etc.

Once again everyone outside of BZ is going into a panic and are reacting as if they’re hearing VS’s death knell. 

I would love love love to see a great build up as you described, Pretty. Then they should run the actual show to more than an hour long. 

49 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Once again everyone outside of BZ is going into a panic and are reacting as if they’re hearing VS’s death knell. 

I would love love love to see a great build up as you described, Pretty. Then they should run the actual show to more than an hour long. 

Outside of the few media outlets that reported the story, who is "everybody" that is going into panic about VS? Did it even trend on Twitter? Many of the comments are like "we are already knew this summer, why are they just saying it now".  Shanina "she isn't even an Angel, so how would she know according to BZ" Shaik broke the news this summer.