Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

10 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Also is VS Sport done? Haven't seen anything new from there in a while.

Definitely done. The last post on the VSX instagram account is from June. It's interesting to me, because I know their original plan was to cut swim and focus on sport, and that didn't work out for them at all. I actually quite liked their leggings, so I might stock up if you can still get some. 

Edit: Possible that they're preparing for yet another rebranding....

vsx.png

8 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Just a semi random thought about Tyra, Chanel and Jasmine. 

Jasmine hasn’t done SISE, where Tyra and Chanel did.

Could that be why they are more well known to J Q Public, and thus more “famous”?

I’m not insinuating that SISE alone makes the models household names, just that it may help along with the Angel status?

Chanel and Tyra both did SI after they had become big names already, in fact Chanel did SI after her career had peaked and she had moved on from HF to commercial, she was fully done with VS by the time she did SI, Tyra did both at the same time but I think she was already a stablished name. Jasmine participated in a SI model search in 2011 (or 2010, not sure) and she lost.

And Lais has been doing both SI and VS for a few years now, sis is still painfully irrelevant :ninja: The most successful "crossovers" from recent years I'd say are Marisa Miller back in 2007 and now Barbara IMO.

2 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Chanel and Tyra both did SI after they had become big names already...

And Lais has been doing both SI and VS for a few years now, sis is still painfully irrelevant :ninja: The most successful "crossovers" from recent years I'd say are Marisa Miller back in 2007 and now Barbara IMO.

Thanks Clauds for the refresher. 

What strikes me the most in the previous discussion - noone here is bashing on Jasmine (unlike some other angels, such as Jo, Elsa, Martha, Stella, ...).

Why the need to defend her when nooone is attacking her at all (okay, she might not be the most liked angel, but who cares)?
@medicenevs said it the best a few posts back.

As for the other angels - I stand by my previous observation that since Adriana and Ale left, no angel is recognizable to a wider audience, not even Candice (outside BZ and fashion community). Long gone are the days where angel status meant something special.

10 hours ago, Clauds said:

The most successful "crossovers" from recent years I'd say are Marisa Miller back in 2007 and now Barbara IMO.

Also, Lily Aldridge appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues of 2014, 2015, and 2016 (Sharing the cover in 2014).

On 10/15/2019 at 3:32 AM, ivancica said:

What strikes me the most in the previous discussion - noone here is bashing on Jasmine (unlike some other angels, such as Jo, Elsa, Martha, Stella, ...).

Why the need to defend her when nooone is attacking her at all (okay, she might not be the most liked angel, but who cares)?
@medicenevs said it the best a few posts back.

As for the other angels - I stand by my previous observation that since Adriana and Ale left, no angel is recognizable to a wider audience, not even Candice (outside BZ and fashion community). Long gone are the days where angel status meant something special.

I think it goes deeper than that. Models are not longer household names, they no longer have the clout hey once had, sure there is your Bella Hadid, but she didn't lets say naturally become known she inhereited her fame. I mean has there really ever been an actual supermodel since Gisele Bundchen?

I agree with Sara. Its an overblown narrative and the narrative in its self is generalization whether Jameela realized it or not, and what I've seen people call unhealthily skinny has turned out to be completely fine. Nobody is cutting themselves over people not looking like them. I respect Jameela for the fact that she is able to overcome her own challenge with her Ehlers-Danlos, but just about anything else she has just about the same extremist social justice narrative that is constantly pushed about by hollywood. I welcome diversity, but I see it as a preference, not a moral dilemma or a moral value. And it is these narratives that cause models inside the industry to be disenfranchised, not lifted up.

8 minutes ago, bump said:

I can't beleive I'm about to say this about those new pictures, but.....

Alexina looks great and is growing on me. 

and Candice looks TERRIBLE.

I dunno if they switched photographers or what but yeah all of these new pics looked washed out and have awful retouching work.

Just now, jessicanicole said:

Leomie Anderson has also been posting a lot about this but I guess since Jameela didn’t directly respond, people will just focus on Sara 😑

You have a link to her response?