Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I don't get what the problem is so much with Alexina, sure she doesn't have much outside VS, but what is the issue with her outgoing personality. What does she do that Barbara doesn't? And in particular, why should I care? I see qualities in both. Alexina is a damn good model, and I absolutely wish she had a lot more outside of VS.

When I say I think Tayloy seems over VS, I mean because she just looks bored and uninteresteing anmyore. She doesn't have a spark in any pictures that I've seen anytime recently (except the shots where she is supposed to be happy, then she looks ok). Maybe her sexiness doesn't translate to me and instead of sexy like you all see, I see bored and "omg I can't wait for this to be over?" and her show opening, yeah she nervous and new but she was still BORING. I bet she's not over the money she's getting, but she doesn't catch my eye anymore. She's lackluster and i've seen it in other modeling work of hers. She's just not a good model to me, but I do like her personality in some videos I've watched. she can do sexy well at some points, but she is just really hit or miss in my opinion. I like her for VSX though, but I can't remember the last time I liked her lingerie shots. Then again, I've never been a big fan of that kind of stuff anyways, so maybe that also causes me to think she seemed bored and over VS. I used to think she was a bombshell in not just looks (because she is), but also in personality/sexiness as well, but I'm starting to not think that anymore.  Same thing happened to me with Elsa and Romee. They just don't look or do as good as time goes by IN MY OPINION.

2 hours ago, Sensual said:

I don't get what the problem is so much with Alexina, sure she doesn't have much outside VS, but what is the issue with her outgoing personality. What does she do that Barbara doesn't? And in particular, why should I care? I see qualities in both. Alexina is a damn good model, and I absolutely wish she had a lot more outside of VS.

I think she's annoying and that she tries too hard to get people to like her and her goofiness. So many people have made comments about how she is over the top, and I've noticed it too. She laughs at everything which to me can become too much and inappropriate if you are trynig to display a product or film a video. She doesn't seem professional, but maybe she can turn it on at the right time, IDK. And I don't think she's pretty at all, but she can be a good model at times so I have no problem with her there. I just don't find her face or body attractive, and her personality just hits it right home that I don't like her. She's just not my type. 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:55 AM, Prettyphile said:

Taylor is not "OVER" Victoria Secret for the 34234123th time. Would you be when you're getting a big ole paycheck for doing very little all the while being able to promote yourself to other brands just by having Angel status thus securing a future past being a glorified panty pusher?

Just because she doesn't make VS her sole thing, just because she's not outwardly hyped about VS, just because she doesn't show titties and ass all over her social media #VSLove and shit doesn't mean she's "over" VS.

I have been following Taylor since she was 14, and not once has she had an outwardly expressive personality. She's very private and reserved and I don't think she feels an overwhelming urge to share everything job-wise with the world.

Taylor works with some fairly conservative brands whom I don't think want to see her feed's with #VS #VS Lingerie VS. #VSANGEL #VSTrainlikeAbsByIza

Ya'll have been saying she's been over it for years now.... obviously not, because if she was over it as much as ya'll seem to think she would of pulled a Kate G year one and peace the fuck out. Not everyone is Jo, Alex, Jasmine levels of HYPE over everything. You do have your Gisele, Taylor's, Lais'.... all of whom are super mellow and just do their own thing.

And if it's because she never smiles, that has 100% bullshit. I can pulled dozens upon dozens of pictures from VS events where she's very happy looking. Maybe stop focusing on her lack of smile pictures? Hmm?

Being reserved and knowing when to turn things up a bit when you’re doing a job your hired to do are not mutually exclusive. 

Nicole Kidman is known for being shy or even an ice queen but I’ve seen her turn it up in interviews and be engaging. Hilary Duff herself said she was shy and she can actually be quite bubbly in interviews. You can be shy but still show up when the situation demands it. Again, it’s not a mutually exclusive thing. 

And as for Jasmine, she actually has toned down posting lots of VS content on Insta. But when she’s doing press or when she has a project to do (her vacation swim photos) she turns it up and shows up. That’s what I meant earlier when I said she shows enthusiasm and utmost professionalism for the brand, which is what I imagine the VS execs like to see. They say it’s family, so someone representing the family well is a great look, in my opinion, which I am allowed to have. 

And lastly, what’s wrong with playing up to the people that write your checks? When did that become a bad thing? Colored me confused on that. That makes no sense. 

If you watch Jasmine talking about her model journey (when she can get a word in) or Romee, you can see that while modeling isn’t the hardest job in the world, it’s still a job with lots of insecurity, long hours, loneliness, physically taxing (watching calories to not gain weight) and emotionally exhausting. 

Whether it’s a VS or a big beauty brand contract, that’s what all models work for. For job security and to not have to deal with the physical and emotional demands of modeling. What’s wrong with that? 

If I were in Jasmine’s shoes, I’d be doing what she does. It’s better than walking B, C list shows with no campaigns to show for it afterwards - because let’s be real, none of the current angels have high fashion and commercial careers like Gisele or even Karlie. That ship has sailed for everyone. Everyone. 

So seeing that that is the case, I don’t understand the shitting on other models (Jasmine) who has put in the work and now wants to slow down. And concentrate on putting her best foot forward and making the most of the VS opportunity she has. She’s the most successful Black Angel since Tyra. She’s made her mark on the company. That’s something to be proud of, no matter how much VS has gone down the crapper. 

7 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

No one:
Literally no one:
Not even God:
NOT EVEN VS:
JustJas: jAsMiNe iS tHe MoSt SuCceSfUl BlAcK aNgEl sInCe TyRa.

God, Jasmine isn't all that, pipe down.

I thought I was posting nonsense, why read my posts when you can just block me. Please do so, I’m begging you to. Thank you!

57 minutes ago, JustJas said:

@Prettyphile where is Jasmine’s thread? I can’t find it on the first few pages in the models forum or when I search for it. 

Also, why does @medicenevs get to troll me but if I were to stick up for myself, I’d get banned? Can we try to have a modicum of impartiality here? Thanks. 

Our Search feature seems to be a bit buggy atm. We're looking into it.

And there is a HUGE difference in trolling someone, and attacking  person. No one said you'd be banned for sticking up for yourself, what we said was you can't call members names.

Example:

Trolling @Stromboli1

KEKW Failure, lrn2read btw. aka something you can banter back and forth with, Kappa and no feelings are hurt

Attacking

Stupid fuckin pansie. Learn to read idiot. aka What in the actual fuck. EXCUSE ME!!?!

2019 and still needing to explain that you can't make personal attacks on people. 😀

they had like 4/5 black angels, is not that hard to be the "most successful black angel since Tyra" :rofl:

tbh the only successful black angel IS Tyra, she was sooo big you really can't compare them..even if Jasmine is not doing bad Tyra was on another level

Chanel felt bigger imo, for a shorter time but still..i remember headlines calling her the next Naomi

Just now, peroxideblonde said:

they had like 4/5 black angels, is not that hard to be the "most successful black angel since Tyra" :rofl:

tbh the only successful black angel IS Tyra, she was sooo big you really can't compare them..even if Jasmine is not going bad Tyra was on another level

Chanel felt bigger imo, for a shorter time but still..i remember headlines calling her the next Naomi

BISH you're opening a god damn can of worms and I'm going to be sad when this spirals into all kinds of badness :rofl:

55 minutes ago, JustJas said:

Also, why does @medicenevs get to troll me but if I were to stick up for myself, I’d get banned?

The difference here is: I'm joking, I'm not personally attacking you. You get confrotational with everyone over your fanatism. And you call people names, even the models and get really nasty with some of your "opinions" which isn't okay.

On a serious note, this kind fanatism is what makes the models (and yourself) targets to trolls on the forum just to piss you off and just to shut you up. It happened with Candice (me being one of those way to fanatic confrotational blinded fans of her, I admit it), Josephine, Elsa, the list can go on and on. I tell you to pipe down for your own sake and well being.

Hello Darlings I'm here jut to remind y'all that a year ago we were starving from VS info and in regular vs show time October and november were hectic times in this forum. Miss u all and the Craziness, saltiness and meltdowns of everyone for the show. Lots of love ❤️ 

What's new in vs? I've been disconnected a lot. 

26 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

tbh the only successful black angel IS Tyra, she was sooo big you really can't compare them..even if Jasmine is not doing bad Tyra was on another level

DING DING DING.

Jasmine has been an Angel for a longer time than Chanel was, but let's face it, Chanel was a way bigger deal than Jasmine and she still is, both in the HF world and I'd say she's also more well-known to the average person. And this is coming from Chanel's #1 hater, everyone knows I hated basically every second of Chanel's Angeldom, I hated her from the second she first showed up in a VS show and I still can't stand her :rofl: 

37 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Our Search feature seems to be a bit buggy atm. We're looking into it.

And there is a HUGE difference in trolling someone, and attacking  person. No one said you'd be banned for sticking up for yourself, what we said was you can't call members names.

Example:

Trolling @Stromboli1

KEKW Failure, lrn2read btw. aka something you can banter back and forth with, Kappa and no feelings are hurt

Attacking

Stupid fuckin pansie. Learn to read idiot. aka What in the actual fuck. EXCUSE ME!!?!

2019 and still needing to explain that you can't make personal attacks on people. 😀

I like to provocatize every now and then. :nicole:

I can't divulge my methods though. :no:

40 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

Since I was drawn to this thread............ I have a comment on your post to provacatize, but I can't share due to PC cultists. :nicole:

Hopefully soon, it's overcrowded as fuck. At this point I'm cool with them dropping everyone except the four new gals because they deserve a chance, everyone else can go for all I care, Taylor is the one with the biggest potential out of the newer/old generation but I don't think she actually wants to be their next Candice per se, I think she's happy with the level she is at right now and I think VS really needs a new star.

Also is VS Sport done? Haven't seen anything new from there in a while.

Just a semi random thought about Tyra, Chanel and Jasmine. 

Jasmine hasn’t done SISE, where Tyra and Chanel did.

Could that be why they are more well known to J Q Public, and thus more “famous”?

I’m not insinuating that SISE alone makes the models household names, just that it may help along with the Angel status?