Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I think Candice and Behati are the last well known Angels and Behati was only catapulted to that status because of Adam. 

That being said, the average person likely recognizes the faces of VS angels over the latest and greatest of high fashion because of the longevity of their careers and seeing them plastered across the VS website, stores, promos etc. They’re still more easily recognized even if they don’t have a dozen vogue covers. 

27 minutes ago, JustJas said:

And no one knows who the hell Josephine Skriver is either. 

Who said they do?

There was a discussion on HF vs commercial models.

Not about race.

Nor about Jasmine vs Josephine.

And when someone says "household name" it doesn't apply to specific person's household (I believe everyone here knows who both Jasmine and Josephine are; but I doubt their entire household does) - it's  just an expression that marks a model recognizability among wider public.

50 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Jasmine isn't a household name, sis, I like her but she isn't.

But, just to be fair, none of the newest angels is except for, maybe, Taylor.

Nope, neither is Taylor at the level of Miranda, Karlie or Rosie. Candice and Behati aren’t either. 

And Jasmine might not be in homogenous households but that doesn’t mean other groups and populations don’t know who she is. And thus is a household name for other populations. I’m sure even at Tyra’s height there were people in homogenous states, etc. who didn’t know her either. 

54 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Yes, yes I can.  EVERYONE else is a big pool to jump into.

So if that’s the case, making sweeping generalizations like you and others have done shouldn’t be allowed since you’re speaking about everyone else when you make those generalizations. See how that works? 

31 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Who said they do?

There was a discussion on HF vs commercial models.

Not about race.

Nor about Jasmine vs Josephine.

And when someone says "household name" it doesn't apply to specific person's household (I believe everyone here knows who both Jasmine and Josephine are; but I doubt their entire household does) - it's  just an expression that marks a model recognizability among wider public.

I don’t need an explanation for what a household name, that Andrew person does who tried to make an argument that Adut and Anok are bigger models than Jasmine which is not the case. 

And I said they do. 

4 minutes ago, ivancica said:

I thought you said they don't. 😕

I said no one knows who the hell Josephine is either compared to other VS angels who are bigger. 

You quoted me asking who said they do, meaning who said Josephine isn’t a household name. 

And I reiterated my original point, that no one knows who Jo is either. Nice try though. 

Just now, JustJas said:

I said no one knows who the hell Josephine is either (compared to other VS angels who are bigger - you didn't say this). 

You quoted me asking who said they do, meaning who said Josephine isn’t a household name. 

I asked "Who said they do?" meaning "Who said they DO know who Josephine is?"

See - I didn't "try" anything. You mentioned Josephine (don't know why) and I just said that nobody said she is a household name or whatever.

But it seems you just wanna fight so I'll leave you construct things and fight with yourself.

Bye! :flower:

Honestly I just hope VS pulls another Bridal collection, I remember they did one back in the day and had Lily who has about to get married, model the collection. The shoot was beautiful and Lily was selling the fuck out of the whole bridal thing. So VS needs to do the same with Grace now and take advantage of the fact that Grace is on her way to become a HF household name.

IMO Taylor was poised to be the next big thing, but I think she doesn't want the Gisele levels of fame and that's okay, but Grace also has the whole package and she has a monumental HF career as well if VS and her agency play their cards right, sis could easily go on to become an actual household name, I can see her reaching at least Miranda's status.