Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Well, they are already not really relevant.

Too many of them and VS still using many non-angels in their campaigns.

Not even people on here (fans) can name all of the angels.

I bet their contracts are not very lucrative as well.

Without the show the angel status is even more losing its significance.

5 minutes ago, ivancica said:

+100000000000. Couldn’t have said it better myself, most people outside of here or the fashion world don’t know all the Angels and can usually just name Candice and that’s really it. Also with no show this year (hopefully just this year), being in Angel is pretty much pointless...the title is quickly losing its validity. I really hope by 2020, VS will be in the right direction they were aiming for and we start seeing more positive changes for the show and the brand overall. I’m very curious to see how they’re going to reimagine it this time around. Especially with the current lineup of Angels they have rn.

15 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

To set apart the MANY angels from the models, they simply just need to emphasize and utilize them on the show more...also we’re gonna need to go back to giving newbies just one outfit, regulars 2 outfits and ALL Angels 3 outfits. That’s how they ALWAYS stood out in the past, because they walked 3 times thus making them more familiar and prominent amongst the other models. 

And, how about this radical thought; only let the Angels wear wings. 

At at least cut back on all of the non wing wings.

I’m thinking that since Ed retired, that was a huge chunk, if not all, of the HF and outdated ideals on what sexy is/was. 

So with that block has been removed, that the powers that be in VS are looking to let things regain balance.

Hopefully without going to the opposite way (like SISE).

1 hour ago, ivancica said:

Despite the fact that no one in the Angel lineup is pulling in Gisele bucks at her VS height, they are still making way more money than I am and I’m sure you and everyone else posting on these forums, too. They probably make more in a year/the past few years (2015 Angels in particular) than most Americans see in a decade at their jobs. 

I wish someone would transfer the amount of the current VS Angels ‘non lucrative’ contracts in my bank account, I could do a lot of good things with that money, paying off my student loans for one. 

6 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I’m so glad I’m not the only that thinks that! omg I love her and always has since the beginning of her career but she’s very “safe” if that makes sense which becomes very boring overtime and I wish she would go back to doing more HF or runway, I miss seeing her out of VS tbh but it seems she got waaaay too comfortable and limited her options compared to other black models. 

Comfortable how? And how did Jasmine limit her options outside of being a black model in a modeling industry in which white beauty is the standard that everyone else doesn’t measure up too? She doesn’t have the same options as her white peers. That’s a fact. 

Really, what black model in Jasmine’s peer group is doing better, cooler things in fashion? Or their career, period?

In her her peer group, outside of Winnie Harlow, Jasmine has the most followers on IG compared to Jordan Dunn, Joan Smalls, Jasmine Sanders (and that doesn’t even count the Joja account, she might have Winnie beat if we combine both).

As a matter of fact, I think Joan and Jasmine S. buy their followers. Their engagement numbers are way too low for their followings, compared to when Jas T. had their followings. For instance, Jasmine S. has a pic of her and Zendaya on her IG right now with only 70k likes. If Jas had a Zendaya picture on her IG, I’m sure she’d have double, if not triple, the number of likes compared to Jasmine S. 

At this rate, like Jas said to a follower on one of her IG pics recently, Jas has been walking runways for a decade now, so what if she wants to watch shows and is over walking them? I watched Joja’s How We Became Models video on YouTube and I imagine going back and forth for show castings 2-4 times a year gets old, real quick. 

I personally would rather be in Jas’ shoes with a ‘non-lucrative’ VS contract than still walking runways at nearly 30 years old, hoping to get casted in a multi-girl campaign for a non-prestigious fashion house that’s not paying VS coins, only to have to do the same thing next season. That sounds horrible. 

5 hours ago, JustJas said:

Despite the fact that no one in the Angel lineup is pulling in Gisele bucks at her VS height, they are still making way more money than I am and I’m sure you and everyone else posting on these forums, too. They probably make more in a year/the past few years (2015 Angels in particular) than most Americans see in a decade at their jobs. 

I wish someone would transfer the amount of the current VS Angels ‘non lucrative’ contracts in my bank account, I could do a lot of good things with that money, paying off my student loans for one. 

Comfortable how? And how did Jasmine limit her options outside of being a black model in a modeling industry in which white beauty is the standard that everyone else doesn’t measure up too? She doesn’t have the same options as her white peers. That’s a fact. 

Really, what black model in Jasmine’s peer group is doing better, cooler things in fashion? Or their career, period?

In her her peer group, outside of Winnie Harlow, Jasmine has the most followers on IG compared to Jordan Dunn, Joan Smalls, Jasmine Sanders (and that doesn’t even count the Joja account, she might have Winnie beat if we combine both).

As a matter of fact, I think Joan and Jasmine S. buy their followers. Their engagement numbers are way too low for their followings, compared to when Jas T. had their followings. For instance, Jasmine S. has a pic of her and Zendaya on her IG right now with only 70k likes. If Jas had a Zendaya picture on her IG, I’m sure she’d have double, if not triple, the number of likes compared to Jasmine S. 

At this rate, like Jas said to a follower on one of her IG pics recently, Jas has been walking runways for a decade now, so what if she wants to watch shows and is over walking them? I watched Joja’s How We Became Models video on YouTube and I imagine going back and forth for show castings 2-4 times a year gets old, real quick. 

I personally would rather be in Jas’ shoes with a ‘non-lucrative’ VS contract than still walking runways at nearly 30 years old, hoping to get casted in a multi-girl campaign for a non-prestigious fashion house that’s not paying VS coins, only to have to do the same thing next season. That sounds horrible. 

THIS. I love how everyone keeps trashing the new girls as if they were not making at least a solid 1M every single year. They are obviously not pulling Gisele/Adriana numbers but let's face it, no one in the industry is pulling those numbers these days anyway unless they are nepo girls or they are also acting/vloging. And why does everyone assume all the girls want to be doing all the jobs all the time? Fuck that, these women have been working since they were literal teenagers, shit gets old really fast and it sounds exhausting. So many models have been vocal about how fashion week and being a new girl in the industry are honestly, just super shitty, I can imagine how they are over it by the time they are 25.

Particularly Taylor and Grace, do yall think they need VS? They don't, they could say bye bye and still make bucks because they are HF darlings, yet they both decide to stay with VS, why? Because it's a good job, that pays good money and that gives the girls the stability other jobs lack in their industry, it means you don't have to fly around the world for a paycheck, job to job, hoping you won't be out of fashion next season. There's a reason why so many models have VS as one of their biggest goals, because it means that for the amount of time your contract lasts, you have financial safety. 

I remember reading this. Hard to believe someone like Ale went from millions to a 100,000 contract. 

These numbers are clearly high, but sources say that Angel contracts pay significantly less than they have in the past. In 2015, a source told Page Six that "Older contracts like Alessandra Ambrosio used to be in the millions, now they're like $100,00." There are a lot of factors, but the exposure and reputation of the women affiliated with Victoria's Secret is what seems to open the door for increased financial opportunities.

https://pagesix.com/2015/02/24/underpaid-victorias-secret-angels-fly-the-coop/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insider.com/difference-between-victorias-secret-model-and-angel-2017-11

10 hours ago, JustJas said:

No lies detected.

Also, hats off to you guys for sticking around in here. I bailed on VS a while back but I’m still low key rooting for a comeback. Here’s to hoping 2020 brings that fashion show we deserve back

13 hours ago, JustJas said:

Although I do agree race will always play a huge factor..look at Adut Akech Bior tho and she’s only been modeling for what? 4 years? she’s already becoming a household name...same goes for Anok Yai. I read somewhere though it had more to do with the fashion industry’s standard of beauty for black women. You have to be either really light skin and racially ambiguous or completely dark-skin, cropped haircut and very tall and thin, they called that look the “African village girl” model I believe that Alek Wek started. Which does make sense considering the HUNDREDS of South Sudanese models dominating the industry rn (like Adut and Anok) who are a part of that special “look”. And please, let’s not count Winnie as a model ever lmao that girl is...something 

7 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Although I do agree race will always play a huge factor..look at Adut Akech Bior tho and she’s only been modeling for what? 4 years? she’s already becoming a household name...same goes for Anok Yai. I read somewhere though it had more to do with the fashion industry’s standard of beauty for black women. You have to be either really light skin and racially ambiguous or completely dark-skin, cropped haircut and very tall and thin, they called that look the “African village girl” model I believe that Alek Wek started. Which does make sense considering the HUNDREDS of South Sudanese models dominating the industry rn (like Adut and Anok) who are a part of that special “look”. And please, let’s not count Winnie as a model ever lmao that girl is...something 

Adut is not a household name and neither is Anok. And while I do believe Adut is/will be the biggest black model since Joan, you want to know what helped raise Joan’s profile in public? VS. 

Joan, killing it in HF, then working with VS truly demonstrated her crossover appeal. Unfortunately, with everything that’s happening with VS, Adut won’t get the chance to start getting written up in articles about her training like an Angel, etc.

Now maybe if Savage x Fenty does become the heir apparent of VS, maybe that might happen for Adut and Anok if they get casted in that show, but even then they won’t have their pictures uploaded on an IG account that has almost 70 million followers often. 

So yeah, Adut and Anok, are killing it in HF but I’m not expecting Jas who is removed from them both by a few modeling generations to try to compete with them, she’s put in the work earlier in her career where she doesn’t have to do that now.