Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

whoa! I love that picture of Grace. She was such a good choice as an Angel. I want to see more from Leomie. 

3 hours ago, BehatiPrincess said:

I’m not into Lorena at all. Not because of her body, but because VS models are supposed to be out-of-this-world beautiful and she just isn’t. I actually think she’s quite unattractive.

I gotta agree that she isn't super stunningly beautiful, but I think I'm just used to VS Angels as being more plain and relatable, as evidenced the last few years. So to me she fits in, because while I think she is reallly pretty, she isn't super mega glamazon gorgeous like the old Angels used to be. She definitely would not have been chosen if VS had kept with the out of this world models like Gisele, KK or Adriana (who I don't find attractive, but I can definitely see the appeal they hold) as opposed to someone like Stella, Lais, or Martha who are plain but relatable, in my opinion. 

Barbara, Grace, Leomie and Candice are the only "omfg who is she???? she is GORGEOUS" type of Angel, but that's just me. Jourdan Dunn would've been in that list too if VS had only hired her as Angel. I know they were never going to, but I wish they would've. Lorena Rae would be in that list as well and I hope VS hires her as an Angel at some point. 

6 hours ago, bump said:

whoa! I love that picture of Grace. She was such a good choice as an Angel. I want to see more from Leomie. 

I gotta agree that she isn't super stunningly beautiful, but I think I'm just used to VS Angels as being more plain and relatable, as evidenced the last few years. So to me she fits in, because while I think she is reallly pretty, she isn't super mega glamazon gorgeous like the old Angels used to be. She definitely would not have been chosen if VS had kept with the out of this world models like Gisele, KK or Adriana (who I don't find attractive, but I can definitely see the appeal they hold) as opposed to someone like Stella, Lais, or Martha who are plain but relatable, in my opinion. 

Barbara, Grace, Leomie and Candice are the only "omfg who is she???? she is GORGEOUS" type of Angel, but that's just me. Jourdan Dunn would've been in that list too if VS had only hired her as Angel. I know they were never going to, but I wish they would've. Lorena Rae would be in that list as well and I hope VS hires her as an Angel at some point. 

Agreed. +Jasmine even though she’s such a bore to me lol  Only those Angels are truly captivating to me personality wise and appearance wise and they truly remind me of what VS Angels should be. One can only dream the lineup is ever that small again 

9 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Agreed. +Jasmine even though she’s such a bore to me lol  Only those Angels are truly captivating to me personality wise and appearance wise and they truly remind me of what VS Angels should be. One can only dream the lineup is ever that small again 

Yeah,  I can see how Jasmine is boring. I think she's gorgeous though. She's not as striking at Barbara or Candice, but she is stunning. She's one of my favorite Angels, but she is a bit bland at times.  I miss when the lineup was small, so yeah that's only happening in my dreams lol

Grace is the only one worth anything in that FLL and VS collab video. Still not into Winnie or Hailey. Idek who the other girls are. 

Curious if the Angels are the next to go.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/victorias-secret-rethinks-the-supermodel-11568140125

COLUMBUS, Ohio—Make room, Gigi Hadid. Victoria’s Secret will no longer rely on a small group of supermodels to promote its sexy lingerie, as the chain shifts to more inclusive marketing to end a prolonged sales slump.
Victoria’s Secret’s emphasis on supermodel “Angels” wearing padded bras has alienated some women and invited criticism that the brand is out of touch. Demand for its bras has cooled as customers have turned to brands using unretouched images featuring women of more shapes and sizes.
Last month, Edward Razek, the marketing chief behind the brand’s overtly sexual marketing, said he was resigning after more than 30 years at the chain. Earlier this year, the company said it would no longer air its annual fashion show on network television.

At an investor meeting here Tuesday, executives showed new videos for Victoria’s Secret and its teen brand Pink featuring a more diverse set of women than the company has used in the past, including curvier models. Pink also recently hired a transgender model. They are “real girls,” said Pink Chief Executive Amy Hauk, referring to the new videos and imagery. “I love the diversity.”
Victoria’s Secret Lingerie CEO John Mehas, who joined recently from Tory Burch, said he began changing the marketing just a few weeks ago. He plans to accelerate the changes, including messaging that responds to the #MeToo movement. One of the messages in the new marketing is “by her, for her,” he said. “There is a big belief in the company that we need to evolve.”
In a Vogue interview last year, Mr. Razek said he didn’t think the Victoria’s Secret fashion show should include transgender models because it is supposed to be “a fantasy,” prompting backlash from some consumers. Several former executives told The Wall Street Journal that the 71-year-old executive’s leadership was preventing the company from evolving. L Brands declined to make Mr. Razek available for comment when he left.
At the start of Tuesday’s meeting, Leslie Wexner, longtime CEO of the retailer’s parent, L Brands Inc., LB -2.07%▲ addressed his relationship with his former financial adviser, Jeffrey Epstein, seeking to reassure investors that he isn’t distracted. “The distraction of that was something that happened a long time ago,” he told investors.

He said he feels enormous regret that Mr. Epstein took advantage of so many young women and said his former adviser was living a secret life. “We are all betrayed by friends,” he said.
Mr. Epstein, who was in custody awaiting trial on federal sex-trafficking charges, died last month by what the New York medical examiner’s office determined was a suicide. The board of L Brands hired a law firm over the summer to investigate Mr. Epstein’s involvement in the company.
In August, Mr. Wexner, a billionaire, revealed in a letter to his charity that Mr. Epstein had misappropriated some of his wealth. The Wexners have been providing information to investigators who are looking into the source of Mr. Epstein’s wealth, the Journal has reported.
Victoria’s Secret has posted several quarters of sales declines. The mall stalwart accounted for $7.4 billion of annual sales at L Brands, which also owns the Bath & Body Works chain.
L Brands executives said the company’s long-term goal—consistent growth in sales and operating-income dollars in the mid-to-high single-digit percent—assumes performance at Victoria’s Secret will improve.
The company, which has closed about 10 to 30 Victoria’s Secret stores annually from 2015 to 2018, accelerated closures at the brand to about 55 in fiscal 2019 and plans to close 40 to 60 in 2020. The company has more than 1,400 U.S. stores, including Bath & Body Works locations.

11 hours ago, bump said:

Yeah,  I can see how Jasmine is boring. I think she's gorgeous though. She's not as striking at Barbara or Candice, but she is stunning. She's one of my favorite Angels, but she is a bit bland at times.  I miss when the lineup was small, so yeah that's only happening in my dreams lol

Grace is the only one worth anything in that FLL and VS collab video. Still not into Winnie or Hailey. Idek who the other girls are. 

I’m so glad I’m not the only that thinks that! omg I love her and always has since the beginning of her career but she’s very “safe” if that makes sense which becomes very boring overtime and I wish she would go back to doing more HF or runway, I miss seeing her out of VS tbh but it seems she got waaaay too comfortable and limited her options compared to other black models. 

Since there’s definitely no VSFS this year, anyone wants to livestream the Fenty x Savage Show this Friday? :) it’d be fun to compare and contrast and I’m very curious to see how it’ll all come together, from what I’ve seen...the runway and set is AMAZING! also, a LOT of former VS models are walking too and it would be pretty fun to see if said models are any better walking this show compared to VS or worse lol 

3 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Since there’s definitely no VSFS this year, anyone wants to livestream the Fenty x Savage Show this Friday? :) it’d be fun to compare and contrast and I’m very curious to see how it’ll all come together, from what I’ve seen...the runway and set is AMAZING! also, a LOT of former VS models are walking too and it would be pretty fun to see if said models are any better walking this show compared to VS or worse lol 

That sounds like a party to me.  

Even if it’s not live, I’d be happy with pics!

Is there a thread for Fenty x Savage yet?

40 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Grace is sooo stunning :wub6yh2cm: it actually hurts...she really is a classic beauty but *sigh* I really wish she would’ve been an Angel a long time ago when it had profilic status and meaning. That girl deserves to shine in VS! I wish there was a show this year so I could at least see how she, Barbara and Leomie be incorporated into the mainline.

Taking a peek at the pics of Riri’s things on Vogue, I can say the second outfit from the page, the flower print sorta dress is about the only thing I like. 

Though I'm keeping an open mind and am waiting for when it drops on her site to really decide.

What I really do like we’re all of the happy and bright smiles on those models! 

Keeping it VS, if they keep the Angels for a while to come, I want to see them set apart from the others. 

I think Grace and Barb would have/can take some of the feathered wings and own those bitches! 

1 hour ago, CandleVixen said:

Taking a peek at the pics of Riri’s things on Vogue, I can say the second outfit from the page, the flower print sorta dress is about the only thing I like. 

Though I'm keeping an open mind and am waiting for when it drops on her site to really decide.

What I really do like we’re all of the happy and bright smiles on those models! 

Keeping it VS, if they keep the Angels for a while to come, I want to see them set apart from the others. 

I think Grace and Barb would have/can take some of the feathered wings and own those bitches! 

Grace and Barbara would look amazing in the beautiful feathered wings :wub6yh2cm: it just suits their femininity and classic beauty...and has there been any photocalls/press events with Barbara and Grace together yet or am I fever dreaming?!?

To set apart the MANY angels from the models, they simply just need to emphasize and utilize them on the show more (including bringing back the INTRO NAME CREDITS THAT MADE THE ANGELS OF THE GOLDEN ERA HOUSEHOLD NAMES 🙄” unfortunately, literally the only Angel everyone knows outside of this fandom and the overall fashion world is Candice if we’re being really honest...also we’re gonna need to go back to giving newbies just one outfit, regulars 2 outfits and ALL Angels 3 outfits. That’s how they ALWAYS stood out in the past, because they walked 3 times thus making them more familiar and prominent amongst the other models.