Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

10 hours ago, bump said:

@Andrew Van Der Hypp I would love to see less performers as well. Maybe just one. And less models, too! I hate when they have too many, there is no reason for 60 models or 5 performers... Keep it classic and bring back the glitter! I want them to continue to do teh Angel introductions in the beginning of the show as well. 

I agree with some of this. I agree that there needs to be more glamour and beauty and less models cast, as well as no musicians. And no 3 second shots of the models before cutting back to the musicians!

The other choice I can suggest is that make the show more than an hour long to greater showcase the outfits and models! 

If the show comes back on netflix (or any other streaming platform), I highly doubt it will be back as we know it. They’ll hire a real director that will turn everything less amateurish. The middle segments will probably feel like small movies that follow some pattern/theme, giving it a sense of cohesion instead of having the angels just randomly talking about their pets, their work as farmers as they grew up, etc...

As for the actual show, I doubt a streaming platform would invest thousands/millions for it to look anything less than perfect. As such, I doubt you will see the mistakes that got us going for weeks, even if they have to record the show a thousand times. 

I also doubt you’ll have any stuff to talk about in the weeks leading up to the show. Streaming platforms are really tight lipped about their releases until they are actually released. 

All in all, the “show”, if it ever comes back as such, will probably be a more approachable experience for the random viewer but a much less enjoyable one for us, the fanatics.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, Rosalie said:

The last thing VS needs is to put trans and plussize models on their runway. My god , you cant cater to everyone and there are other brands they can go to.VS needs to go oldschool again and go glam ,sultry and most importantly start catering to adult women. 

THIS.

Also yiikes at some looks from these women at the recent NYFW events, cackling at the lack of taste but like, Barbara really has some of the worst styling I've ever seen :rofl: 

On 9/7/2019 at 4:40 PM, Prettyphile said:

Barbara's outfit is a kitschy re creation of the 1960's boudoir meets mid 2000's pinup goth and while I love the dress and the makeup, that hair..... IF you are going that hairstyle route you need to fully commit to it in body and soul, and since she didn't... it brings down the look a bit and makes it more costumey and not in a good way.

The rest are too safe, not glam enough, predicable, ugly, or just plain tacky.

same about Babs tbh . dont like it 

best at the HB Icons for me were Grace , Candice , Elsa and Jasmine .

Romee dress and hair were very pretty but her postures are getting wierd like something going on with her neck , Stella was ok .

the worst were definitely : Lais, Sara , Jo dress is a huge mess honestly one of the most ugly dresses ever.

and Martha looked old af . girlfriend is from the new angels? more like Prehistoric angels .

1 hour ago, MarVS said:

i cant with Jo dress  i feel like is too long for her  especiallly in the third picture

I'm not gonna lie... I spend a LOT of time in Halloween stores around this time of year, and hands down Jo's dress looks like a cheap "slutty" princess/fairytale outfit. In fact I'm damn sure I've seen a nearly identical dress at Halloween Headquarters  being sold as a "Adult Tinkerbell"

1 hour ago, MarVS said:

best at the HB Icons for me were Grace ,

Yanno I love Grace, but imo that dress.....  From the lifeless hair, basic makeup, to the doliy tassel underboob thing + bedazzled sheer fabric CJO4pYqmjNsCFReqDQodTecNTQ.png  The designer clearly had the "Too Much Gene" and couldn't pick a lane to stick in, must incorporate as many trends as possible.

The rest of the outfits I would love to rip apart, but frankly I've already said it. Basic, Uninteresting, Tacky, or just plain ugly.

Fashion BTW CJO4pYqmjNsCFReqDQodTecNTQ.png

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, saber said:

I believe the whole concept has been proven very successful marketing wise to drop. Since the people that lead the project for many years have retired I think the new leads will try a new approach to more versatile body types. Like Sports Illustrated did, to what extend remains to be seen.

By the way I'm trying to find a complete line up by appearance for the VS shows of the 90s any ideas where to look?

Wikipedia. They're missing a few from the early years (and there aren't full videos of the 1996 and 1997 shows, so, yeah…) but it's probably as close as it gets. Even VS used it to count all the girls who did the show for that wall where they wrote everyone's name.

Seems like Rihanna / Fenty are capitalising on there not being a VS show this year. 

Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty Fashion Show at NYFW: What to Know - via wwd.com (source)

The fashion and beauty mogul and singer is gearing up to host her second annual Savage x Fenty lingerie collection on Tuesday with a 40-minute show that includes some of today’s buzziest musicians and models, making it the most highly anticipated event of New York Fashion Week.

When and where is Rihanna’s Savage x Fenty show?

The Savage x Fenty lingerie fashion show will be held tonight at 9:30 sharp at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn. 

The fashion show is invitation only, but Rihanna is teaming with Amazon Prime to exclusively stream the show beginning Sept. 20 in more than 200 countries. The Amazon Prime stream will also give a behind-the-scenes look at how the show comes together. The collection will also be available for purchase on Amazon.

Who will be performing at the Savage X Fenty show?

Rihanna took to her Instagram to announce a host of musicians that will be performing at the fashion show, including the likes of Halsey, Migos, DJ Khaled, Big Sean, A$AP Ferg, Fat Joe, Fabolous, Tierra Whack and more.

Who will be modeling the collection?

The show will also include special appearances by 21 Savage, Alek Wek, Aquaria, Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevingne, Joan Smalls, Laverne Cox, Normani, Paloma Elsesser and Christian Combs, among others, who will be modeling looks from the Savage X Fenty fall 2019 collection.

What will the Savage x Fenty show look like?

While details on the show are still scant, the brand has announced some restrictions for this year’s show. Photographers and videographers will not be permitted inside the venue, but some photography will be allowed on the red carpet. 

Showgoers are also not permitted to use their cell phones during the show. They will have to place their phones in a locked case, which they can hold onto during the show. After the show ends, the brand will release three images to the media with the full collection slated to be revealed through Amazon Prime’s stream.