Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

19 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

....who took from DKNY, who took from CK, who took from Fredrick of Hollywood, who took from Trashy Lingerie, who took from Dal Jeets, who took from an Esty seller, who took from..... and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around...

Vd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gifVd5Rjs6.gif

Not to mention, the brands that have copied VS.  

Every brand copies from others. Why all this obsession from Diet Prada and some models for talk shit about VS of all sudden? Also, if some brands see suspicious moves in their stores or suspicious purchases why do they give their stuff away? If you know they will copy you just don't give them your stuff, otherwise you are not interested in protect your business as you claim. No lawsuits but a report to Diet Prada. Sounds like ridiculous to me.

1 hour ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Not to mention, the brands that have copied VS.  

His/Her bias is showing big time.. They can't see any differences between the two looks... image.png

How about getting some glasses because the ruching, stitching and hems are as different as night and day. I defer to my first post about this..

In defense of VS. They aren't the first nor will the be the last to do copycat designs because atm there are no copyright protection for fashion design. Additionally, copyright law doesn't  provide exclusive rights for inherently useful items. Garments and accessories are typically considered “useful items". So basically brands can can go recreate designs without much issue, especially if the garments in question do not contain any distinguishing logos, brand names or original prints.  VS is using non original prints that are sold out of China to anyone with the cash to buy it. I could walk into any fabric store right now and find those fabrics.

So if you have a have a dress with an original print on it, that print can be protected because it can technically exist aside from the dress and the dress would still function without the print.  Logos, original prints and brand names are much easier to protect against copycats, assuming said logo or name has trademark-specific functions, which means consumers see that mark or hear that name and associate it with the brand that is using it.”

Basically, if one brand tries to copy another brand’s logo, especially something as recognizable as the Chanel double Cs, for instance, it could run into legal trouble for trademark infringement or potentially a counterfeiting lawsuit. For that reason we don’t really see many fast fashion brands selling clothes covered in lookalike logos.

At the end of the day we can bitch and complain about what VS has done and will most likely continue to do in the future because capitalism reigns supreme and saving a buck is part of life , but chances are you've worn or are wearing something that another brand or designer has created in the past, so lets not be overtly hypocritical about this.

Originality in the fashion world is a complete and total rarity.

And lastly, next time you're shopping for that cute pair of jeans and go into lets say The Gap and you buy said pair of jeans.  Levi's has been getting scamazed for a long time, but no one bitches about that. 

The amounts of people desperately aiming for VS to get some sort of press and relevancy, it stinks. Sorry but all these models coming for VS look like a bunch of sore losers who can't handle the fact that the brand turned them down for whatever reasons, I like Kate and I think VS made a mistake by passing on her but if she wants to talk about a real snoozefest she should look at her career? :Amelie_wft:

As for the IG account, clearly someone has too much free time in their hands o.o

I SAID WHAT I SAID. The last "relevant" thing she did was her SI cover and we all know the shitshow SI has become so ... She needs to stay humble, at least their VS girls are cashing their Angel cheques and they are name dropping for some press. The VS show is cancelled, move on just like the brand did people. I also appreciate how VS stayed loyal to themselves and didn't do a circus around Valentina Sampaio shooting for the brand, they could have pulled the WE ARE WOKE! shit and milk but nah, stayed silent just like they've always done in the past whenever they did something good :thumbs_up:

BUT MOVING ON ...

We're in August! Christmas shoot should be right around the corner! I wonder if there will be a big shoot this year considering they will have more budget and if they will have a FB? If so, me thinks Candice should get it, to cement her status as the new HBIC. If not Candice I think (and want) Taylor is the right girl.

51 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I wonder if there will be a big shoot this year considering they will have more budget and if they will have a FB? If so, me thinks Candice should get it, to cement her status as the new HBIC.

Sis, I'm just here for the lolz. and Candice get it... THE SALT WILL BRING VS SALTIEST BACK TO LIFE.:clap:

7 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

Someone ASKED Kate about that, she was there to talk about something else..can't say i disagree, the show stopped being interesting a long time ago..she's always too nice, if I was her after what Sophia said about her I would have dragged her through the mud

what kate upton said about vs?

I may not agree with everything Kate said but I don't have any problems with her saying it. She rarely brings up  the topic about VS herself and she doesn't owe VS anything. I thought Andy subtly shady when he asked Kate did she work for VS.