Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

The fact some of you are defending him, when there’s literally a documentary of him being abusive and an asshole towards models, appals me. The reason most of these photographers walk free, is that it’s really hard to prove things that happens years ago, and also being an asshole and a creep is not a crime. Still doesn’t mean models have to take that kind of behavior! 

Just now, star2011 said:

The fact some of you are defending him, when there’s literally a documentary of him being abusive and an asshole towards models, appals me. The reason most of these photographers walk free, is that it’s really hard to prove things that happens years ago, and also being an asshole and a creep is not a crime. Still doesn’t mean models have to take that kind of behavior! 

Being an asshole does not make you an abuser and moving someone around to put them in a pose for a picture doesn’t make you abusive. 

Personally I believe in the rule of law. And in America that means that you are innocent until proven guilty. What part of models are rarely alone with photographers and no one else on set being willing to or able to collaborate their accusations is difficult to understand? 

11 minutes ago, star2011 said:

I dunno how you were raised,  but my mama always taught me there are two sides of a coin and too look at both sides of the coin. So unless they're is some evidence for either side.... then it's all hearsay.  Because there was a documentary made doesn't mean it's accurate, don't mean it's not accurate, but I'm sure as hell not going to witch hunt someone without actual proof.

Your side. My side, and the truth, and the truth is always somewhere in the middle.  That's how a lawyer/judge looks it.

1 minute ago, Fuka said:

Seeing some of your comments, I understand why only a minority of victims file a complaint ...

So what you’re trying to say. Is that say whatever you want and if you’re a woman you’re a victim and we should all take you at face value and believe what you say with or without proof?

Maybe I misread that?

If he made them uncomfortable, he made them uncomfortable and VS has invested more in their models than their photographers so it makes sense to let him go instead of telling the girls to suck it up and deal. It’s also a bit of a stretch to say that all these models are being overly sensitive or hopping on the me too bandwagon just because there have been no legal actions taken. It’s very difficult to convict someone unless there’s evidence of sexual assault and I don’t think that’s ever been an accusation, at least on the VS girls’ part. Of course there are definitely people who have lied and continue to do that and it’s smart to look at both sides of the coin. When it comes to VS though, this seems more of an attempt at maintaining a good working environment for the angels and it makes sense to me that they took their models’ claims seriously. 

3 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

So what you’re trying to say. Is that say whatever you want and if you’re a woman you’re a victim and we should all take you at face value and believe what you say with or without proof?

Maybe I misread that?

Many real victims prefer to be silent because they are afraid of reactions like yours ...

1 minute ago, Fuka said:

Many real victims prefer to be silent because they are afraid of reactions like yours ...

So they’re afraid of being held to the same standard as any other accuser for any other crime? Providing proof or charges not being brought? We aren’t talking about a crime happening in a dark ally or the privacy of someone’s home. We’re talking about open sets and a multitude of people being around. At least in this conversation. 

2 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

If he made them uncomfortable, he made them uncomfortable and VS has invested more in their models than their photographers so it makes sense to let him go instead of telling the girls to suck it up and deal. It’s also a bit of a stretch to say that all these models are being overly sensitive or hopping on the me too bandwagon just because there have been no legal actions taken. It’s very difficult to convict someone unless there’s evidence of sexual assault and I don’t think that’s ever been an accusation, at least on the VS girls’ part. Of course there are definitely people who have lied and continue to do that and it’s smart to look at both sides of the coin. When it comes to VS though, this seems more of an attempt at maintaining a good working environment for the angels and it makes sense to me that they took their models’ claims seriously. 

❤️ Thank you for being level headed. 

1 minute ago, phenobarbie said:

So they’re afraid of being held to the same standard as any other accuser for any other crime? Providing proof or charges not being brought? We aren’t talking about a crime happening in a dark ally or the privacy of someone’s home. We’re talking about open sets and a multitude of people being around. At least in this conversation. 

Christopher said thank you.

1 minute ago, phenobarbie said:

I can agree with at you said Jessica. There’s more of an investment into their models then into a singular photographer. However when they take to social media and put him on blast that’s both childish and defamatory. 

Call me curious, but do you have an issue when IG accounts like DietPrada or ShitModelManagement blast photographers based on allegations from models with nothing but their word?

1 minute ago, everyboulevard said:

Call me curious, but do you have an issue when IG accounts like DietPrada or ShitModelManagement blast photographers based on allegations from models with nothing but their word?

I generally don’t look at sites like that being I disagree with what they’re doing. 

4 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

I can agree with at you said Jessica. There’s more of an investment into their models then into a singular photographer. However when they take to social media and put him on blast that’s both childish and defamatory. 

Why necessarily defamatory ... If he feels defamed he can also go to court for that.

2 minutes ago, star2011 said:

How is talking about your experience childish? We want people to warn other people about creeps to protect models, but when someone does it is childish? Lais has every right to talk about her experience as any model. 

Because what they’re doing is illegal. It’s defamatory and slanderous without proof and the photographers and fashion insiders can come back and charge them if they chose to, especially if they can prove the allegations have harmed their careers. There are other options and venues to talk about criminal allegations. Social media is not the right place. 

Just now, star2011 said:

If the photographer then feel like he’s  being defamed why hasn’t he then sue them?

Lawsuits like this can drag on for years and quite frequently lawsuits like this can also have media blackouts and media gag orders associated with them as until one party or the other is found guilty further information can damage their careers more. 

2 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Lawsuits like this can drag on for years and quite frequently lawsuits like this can also have media blackouts and media gag orders associated with them as until one party or the other is found guilty further information can damage their careers more. 

it's strange you always find him a good excuse. And prefer to accuse Lais to lie.