Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Regardless of what VS does, they’re going to get criticism. It’ll either be “oh they haven’t hired any trans or plus sized models, how dare they!!!” or “they’re only hiring trans and plus sized models because a, b and c”. But I still commend them for trying and they aren’t making a big deal of it and advertising it all “look at us, look at what we did” so I think it’s a step in the right direction. 

1 minute ago, jessicanicole said:

Regardless of what VS does, they’re going to get criticism. It’ll either be “oh they haven’t hired any trans or plus sized models, how dare they!!!” or “they’re only hiring trans and plus sized models because a, b and c”. But I still commend them for trying and they aren’t making a big deal of it and advertising it all “look at us, look at what we did” so I think it’s a step in the right direction. 

You bring up a good point, VS isn't the one making the noise about this, other places are posting about it. I mean, I'm sure VS still knew people were going to be made aware of this and it would be news, but I do agree with you taht it's cool that VS isn't the one flashing this all over the place. So yes, good on them for that. 

I was on the side of "Vs is doing this because of a, b, c" and I still am, but I think it's nice that they aren't the ones being all loud about it. I didn't really think about that point or even notice if VS had said anything or if it just other outlets reporting it until you mentioned it. 

12 minutes ago, bump said:

You bring up a good point, VS isn't the one making the noise about this, other places are posting about it. I mean, I'm sure VS still knew people were going to be made aware of this and it would be news, but I do agree with you taht it's cool that VS isn't the one flashing this all over the place. So yes, good on them for that. 

I was on the side of "Vs is doing this because of a, b, c" and I still am, but I think it's nice that they aren't the ones being all loud about it. I didn't really think about that point or even notice if VS had said anything or if it just other outlets reporting it until you mentioned it. 

Don’t get me wrong. VS is definitely doing this to look better because they are first and foremost a business, but they’re doing it in a way that isn’t completely awful and attention seeking so I’m not going to complain. Plus I think Valentina is a good addition. She already went to castings for them so this isn’t completely out of left field either. 

Just now, jessicanicole said:

Don’t get me wrong. VS is definitely doing this to look better because they are first and foremost a business, but they’re doing it in a way that isn’t completely awful and attention seeking so I’m not going to complain. Plus I think Valentina is a good addition. She already went to castings for them so this isn’t completely out of left field either. 

I definitely like this better since she went to castings and didn't just come out of nowhere. Do you think she'll start in PINK or mainline? i've only seen a few pictures of her so I don't know what to think about that. 

I hope Lorena Duran continues to work with VS as well. I remember when they hired her I thought they were just doing it to have a plus sized model, but her shots were really good. 

I hope Valentina's pictures are great as well. 

L Brands is declined comment in regards to not having a show this year. That tells us a couple of different possible scenarios. If they weren't going to have a show or something in it's place VS would release that info to investors fairly quickly, but nothing so far, which is a little strange.  I'm waiting for Q2 report to find out more, but that should be coming out soon.

Scenarios

1. They're waiting for sponsoring/ads/funding from something like Youtube/Hulu/Nextflix.

2. They don't know yet.

3. They have something in the works but are unwilling to say at this point

4. No show... but why sit around on it and not add to Shanina's public statement while the fire is hot?

The fact they are flat out declining comment at this point is interesting imo.

Also interesting that they're building their own hype around this collection, and have said nothing about Valentina. They're waiting on public opinion before having another potential oops moment. Just because Valentina shot for them doesn't mean we'll see many picture from her. They've done that in the past with models who've shot for them.  If public is in favor of her, they'll gold star themselves for sure.

“Everything is super trendy & chic” – overheard at our Fall Collection preview at New Bond Street, London.

They won’t have a show this year. They start working on the show almost immediately after the previous years show wraps and we’ve seen absolutely no indication from the people generally involved in this process doing any of this prep work- nothing from the designers, or Sophia or any other execs. Making pieces, booking venues etc takes lots of prep time, and the fact that it’s August and there isn’t is single “train like an angel!” Victoria Sport sponsored post on my feed tells me they didn’t put out a casting call. 

If VS is working on something new, it’s going to take time to develop and get contracts and structures in place for it to happen. It’ll be at least 2020 before I think we get another show or event. They’re probably declining simply because they’ll want to put out a proper press release when they have a concrete plan for whatever this new venture is. I’ll be absolutely shocked if VS suddenly pops up with show news. 

6 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

It’ll be at least 2020 before I think we get another show or event. They’re probably declining simply because they’ll want to put out a proper press release when they have a concrete plan for whatever this new venture is. I’ll be absolutely shocked if VS suddenly pops up with show news. 

WTB SWIM SHOW..... :( Maybe in April or May of next year (just in time for Summer hype)

If VS are reinventing the show then its easily possible that they reinvent the whole process before the show.

I'm not very hopeful for a show, but the fact that VS haven't done any damage control / press releases is definitely interesting. VS is a publicly traded company, they can't just not tell anyone anything. It's all very strange. 

Seems they're doing the same with Valentina that they did with Barbara recently; using them to appease the people calling them out for not using bigger sized women or trans women without outright coming out and saying look what we're doing! It doesn't feel forced like some brands (looking at you ThirdLove with your oh we're not VS ~ bullshit despite your whole starting because someone from VS quit/got fired, but I digress), but it also isn't 100% genuine, like say Aerie with their AerieReal movement. 

I'm curious, is the new collection that's dropping in a few days not the fall collection that's been out in stores already? Because if they're saying its the fall collection that's dropping when its already out, someone needs to get their shit together. However, I will say that the new fall collection does seem to be of better quality when I tried it on. I briefly looked at some of the cheaper underwear they have (you know the ones that fall apart after a couple washes) and it seems the seamless ones that aren't the sexy illusions one are a lot thicker in material than they were in the past. Like very thick almost the same as their knockout pants type material. Those super thin sexy illusions ones are truly awful so I'm happy to see that the other ones at least appear to be better in quality. 

As for the show, really doesn't seem like its going to happen this year. If it is, I'm still not surprised by no train like an angel tags or anything since it seems that's about to be discontinued soon. My store used to have a whole section dedicated to sport and now its a back wall with just a few things left, not to mention the website doesn't look like they're releasing anything new, nor has VS Sport instagram really been updated either. Sort of makes sense with the push for Pink Sport but also disappointing because the incredible sport bra is the only sports bra that works for me.