Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

The thing about BlindGossip is their information can be right and it also can be bs. People go to them with stories and not all the sources are reliable or are telling the whole truth. So, I'll take it with a grain of salt.

20 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

@bump - Just for you :rofl:

LOLOLOL.jpg

omfg LOL :rofl: those lips...lol they going different directions

Not only did you make me spit my coffee out onto my keyboard ( @DULOVEMEDO is the only other poster here who has made me do that) but you helped me find new pictures of Miranda! yay! thank you.

20 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

If you go to Miranda's listal, in the far back pages(160's) there's a some Pink photos jumbled in there as well but they're not super organized, and they're mixed in with regular VS. 

thank you for the tip! I have heard of listal but not sure what it was so I'll go check it out. thank you for also stating that they are not organized well so that way I don't get super confused and give up because my ass is so technologically backwards that sometimes I just give up on certain websites I can't navigate. 

i love this place so much lol

4 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

I legit cannot unsee John Travolta with titties. Thanks :rofl:

OMG

this picture is perfect for this conversation. she looks more like John Travolta than ever in this picture. 

her body looks good though 

hopefully no one will get mad that I'm saying she looks like a dude, I'm not trying to bash Sara. yeah, I don't think she's very cute but I like how hard she works and she's a good Angel I guess. I just can't get the image of her/John Travolta out of my head now lol

26 minutes ago, star2011 said:

You kinda are trashing her, but you trash everyone so! Lol

I know  and I do feel bad, but I just really don't like very many models for VS anymore. But I love this forum, and the people on here and I like analyzing things...I just usually happen to feel negatively about most VS things anymore. at least though I appreciate Sara's hard work, her enthusiasm, and I think she deserves the FB because she's worked very hard for VS. I just don't like her looks, but I like her. 

I don't wanna get people mad at me again cause I did a while ago and tbh they had every right to be pissed at me because my comments were super rude, but they were my honest thoughts.  I wanna be able to share my thoughts as well, but they are mean and I like you guys, i don't wanna make anyone mad. 

Look you are allowed to feel the way you feel about people.. but everytime you comment is always being really harsh on almost every model... maybe just try to be a little more positive, or refrain from calling girls awful things you sometimes do. It’s ok to not think someone is pretty, but they are models for some reason, and sometimes you can really be harsh on what you call them. 

7 minutes ago, star2011 said:

Look you are allowed to feel the way you feel about people.. but everytime you comment is always being really harsh on almost every model... maybe just try to be a little more positive, or refrain from calling girls awful things you sometimes do. It’s ok to not think someone is pretty, but they are models for some reason, and sometimes you can really be harsh on what you call them. 

I really appreciate you giving me feedback instead of just telling me I'm a rude piece of shit or something like that. seriously, that's cool of you. (not sarcasm just to be clear) :flower:

I know I used to call some models "ugly" but I started paying attention to that and stopped it...or at least I hope I did. I can see how that is rude. 

Idk what other names I've used though....I oughta go back through my posts and see what else I've said. 

to keep this on VS: i'm reading teh VSFS 2018 thread and it's making me sad that we don't have one open for the VSFS 2019 :no:

I want Barbara to open the show....but then I don't because her poses last year sucked...so maybe I want Jasmine to open? she's great....but there may not be a show! aw this sucks.

13 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

not yet, but my hopes are very low lol

4 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

there was rumors on tfs that the show wasn’t actually cancelled but I’m sure it’s best to take all rumors with a grain of salt until we hear something more from VS themselves. 

On 5/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, Prettyphile said:

Again it doesn't sound like they're canceling it, just changing the way it's viewed and formatted.

According to a company memo obtained by CNBC, Les Wexner, CEO of L Brands, which owns VS, said it was time to reconsider the format for which the brand's annual spectacle would be shown. 

"Fashion is a business of change," it reads. "We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria's Secret Show. Going forward we don't believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we're focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event — delivered to out customers on platforms that she's glued to... and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age."

This alludes to the possibility that though the show will likely not appear on network television as usual, streaming platforms may be a smart move forward. Consider also the fact that most runway shows can now be seen in real time, whether you're at fashion week or not. Brands from Balenciaga to Chanel have devised clever ways for fashion obsessives to stream their latest presentations as they happen via Instagram, specialized apps, good old YouTube, and more. It's nice to know VS is joining the digital age, especially when you think of how the major multi-million dollar event happens weeks before it is actually shown to the general public on TV. The decision to rethink how its annual show will occur might even be a money-saver.

Here is the full memo

Dear Associate,

For the past few months, we’ve said that we are taking a fresh look at every aspect of our business – from merchandising, marketing and brand positioning, to our real estate portfolio, digital business and cost structure … literally everything. We have made enormous progress in a very short time, and are looking forward to a successful fall and holiday with an elevated, fashion-forward assortment …

The strength and positive perception ofthe Victoria’s Secret brand is unparalleled, and our fashion show has revolutionized the mix of fashion and entertainment around the world … a key factor in the building of the brand.

Fashion is a business of change. We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we’re focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event – delivered to our customers on platforms that she’s glued to … and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age. I’ve never been more excited about the power of this brand and where it’s going … [Victoria’s Secret CEO] John [Mehas] and team are re-birthing the brand.

Best regards,
Les

The way Les's team worded the memo leaves all possibilities open to interpretation, but nearly every business analysts I've read in regards to the show thinks VS won't drop it entirely. They need to get their house in order, and that may take a year to do, but it honestly sounds like it'll be back , or some form of it. Maybe a Swim/Lingerie show streamed on something like Netflix, Youtube, Hulu ect.

What have been your absolute favorite VS commercials of all time?

Angels in Venice - for me easily one of the sexiest they've ever done. From the setting, the the models and lingerie, and of course the amazing voice of Bob Dylan

--------

Miranda can do no wrong in this. It's soft, clean, simple, and they brought in nature which you can't go wrong with

---------

What is Sexy 2001 - MASSIVE ATTACK song!  Moodiness. Basically perfect

-----

Angel Wireless - I don't know why this was so memorable for me, maybe because it was Miranda's first commercial by herself?  I just love it!

----

Cotton Collection with Miranda Kerr - I mean... it's Janis Joplin, Miranda, clean, simple and hot.

----

O.O - I'd like some room service, thanks

-------------

Gisele doing Gisele things

The use of Bryan Ferry's - Slave To Love with underlying themes of refinement from Dangerous Liaisons is heaven to me.  The song/video brings major flashbacks to  9 1/2 weeks, which will go down for me as being one of the sexiest moves ever made.

6 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

The use of Bryan Ferry's - Slave To Love with underlying themes of refinement from Dangerous Liaisons is heaven to me. 

I agree with you. Also I think the pacing of the commercial was nearly perfect. It helps that I am a huge fan of Brian Ferry so, yeah, it hit the marks for me. Plus, it could be considered the changing of the guard, by showcasing the (at the time) new angels.

I also like this one, with the introduction of Barbara.