Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

5 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Saani was given multiple warnings for behavior that was in direct conflict with the rules of this forum. 

Kind of like a few other people on here. 

As for ignoring people because their behavior and comments are irritating, unfortunately staff don’t have that luxury. We’re stuck with the sad, angry attitudes. 

ACCURATE :banghead:

13 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Saani was given multiple warnings for behavior that was in direct conflict with the rules of this forum. 

Kind of like a few other people on here. 

As for ignoring people because their behavior and comments are irritating, unfortunately staff don’t have that luxury. We’re stuck with the sad, angry attitudes. 

How do you know if you have warnings? CAuse at one point I was being too harsh (even though it was what I genuinely thought, but I do see how I shouldn't have been so blunt/mean). I kinda wonder if I have some warning points because several members told me about myself and to tone it down (which I hope I have done). 

On topic: I hope VS doesn't start just posting collaborations. IDK, it just seems like VS is really starting to NOT be VS anymore. The Angels aren't a big deal, they don't get paid or promoted like they used to, the VSFS isn't even gonna be televised I guess, their commercials and photoshoots are boring, their products are starting to suck more and more...so I mean, no wonder they're doing collabs but still....I've been reading through this thread, and even back in 2012 people were talking about how VS sucks and isn't what it used to be and here we are 7 years later and they haven't done much different. 

3 minutes ago, bump said:

How do you know if you have warnings? CAuse at one point I was being too harsh (even though it was what I genuinely thought, but I do see how I shouldn't have been so blunt/mean). I kinda wonder if I have some warning points because several members told me about myself and to tone it down (which I hope I have done).

Go to your profile page and up on the top left you'll see something like this if you have a warning point.

Untitled-1.png

Plus when you get a warning you'll automatically receive a notice about it, and before you can post again you have to acknowledge the warning

Just now, Prettyphile said:

Go to your profile page and up on the top left you'll see something like this if you have a warning point.

Untitled-1.png

Plus when you get a warning you'll automatically receive a notice about it, and before you can post again you have to acknowledge the warning

Thank you! I just checked my profile right before this actually and I saw that it said 0 so I'm good. 

to keep this on VS: 

I don't like any of the swimsuit collabs now that I think about. I am just not liking anything VS is doing except for hiring Barbara, Grace, and Leomie on as Angels. 

20 minutes ago, bump said:

I love Grace, and I keep seeing a lot of you guys talk about this Zoey chick and how good of a photographer she is. I'll have to look up some of her other work. 

I'm glad to hear Grace is shooting. 

It just sucks that Grace adn Barbara and Leomie are 3 models who I LOVE as Angels, but they don't get promoted like they used to. I've been reading through this thread, and back in the day the Angels got a lot more press and opportunities. Being an Angel has really lost its lustre. 

VS getting rid of Swim and catalogs really took away a big part of the publicity VS used to get. Like, the first cover of the VS Swim or Holiday vol.1 catalog? That was an expected thing, people always was waiting to know who was the girl on the cover either the liked the picture/girl or they hate it or if they would rather other picture or other girl. The events with different girls, there were like three every month. Actually launch the things with meet and greets with the angels so people would get to meet them if the buy something (which was also good for sells), TV appearances in big shows with the new collections and promoting the girls as well. Everything changed and for that angels don't truly get their names out there with VS outside the VS fandom. The general public pretty much sees them like blonde #1, #2, #3 or brunette #1, #2 or #3.

Let's add that VS quality for the products hasn't been really good for a while and the ones that are quite good in quality are either expensive, ugly, or something you can't find on other store in a much cheaper price. That leads me to other thing... VS has A LOT more competition now than back in the day (not saying they did not have competition before, I'm saying the competition now is more and getting bigger) and, also, super woke people that what everything done their way or they boycott everything you do. There's a lot of factors on VS downfall if you think about it.

Just now, medicenevs said:

VS getting rid of Swim and catalogs really took away a big part of the publicity VS used to get. Like, the first cover of the VS Swim or Holiday vol.1 catalog? That was an expected thing, people always was waiting to know who was the girl on the cover either the liked the picture/girl or they hate it or if they would rather other picture or other girl. The events with different girls, there were like three every month. Actually launch the things with meet and greets with the angels so people would get to meet them if the buy something (which was also good for sells), TV appearances in big shows with the new collections and promoting the girls as well. Everything changed and for that angels don't truly get their names out there with VS outside the VS fandom. The general public pretty much sees them like blonde #1, #2, #3 or brunette #1, #2 or #3.

Let's add that VS quality for the products hasn't been really good for a while and the ones that are quite good in quality are either expensive, ugly, or something you can't find on other store in a much cheaper price. That leads me to other thing... VS has A LOT more competition now than back in the day (not saying they did not have competition before, I'm saying the competition now is more and getting bigger) and, also, super woke people that what everything done their way or they boycott everything you do. There's a lot of factors on VS downfall if you think about it.

I definitely agree about getting rid of the catalogues! That was so dumb. There are still people out there (like myself, my best friend, and my mom) that don't shop online. I loved getting the catalogues and it pissed me off that they stopped. and the Meet and Greets were a great idea, I cant believe how much those have slowed down. 

ok I kept typying things in response to every sentence you typed, but I'm just gonna say I agree with every single sentence you wrote LOL. save myself some time from writing out a big response but you said it perfectly. 

Just hopping to say hi! 

I've been reading everything the last few days but kind of outdated, and barely had time to do it so I didn't post any of my thoughts about the collabs, etc.

I really like the fall collection, the more I see it the more I like it. Now please give me a good old sexy commercial with the angels and the lingerie and I would be a really happy gal.

The FL&L x VS collab looks good, I really like the FL&L pieces on its own, I would like to see the VS angels in that FL&L kinda atmosphere shoot.

I like the contrast between the sexy pieces of the Fall Collection and the over feminine ones of the collaboration.

And I 100% agree that getting rid of the catalogs and swim was a bad move for VS. I was so excited for the return of swim but the 90% are other brands and the 10% that is VS is boring and brings nothing new. I missed the breath of fresh air that swim should have brought back.

13 hours ago, wintery said:

And I 100% agree that getting rid of the catalogs and swim was a bad move for VS. I was so excited for the return of swim but the 90% are other brands and the 10% that is VS is boring and brings nothing new. I missed the breath of fresh air that swim should have brought back.

yeah, swim was not as exciting as I hoped. I don't want to see other brand's swimsuits, I want to see VS swimsuits. it was kinda pathetic, tbh. and the swim pictures were so limited, it wasn't like when we got A TON of pictures of each girl that shot swim, most of the pictures we got were white wall and boring. 

11 hours ago, everyboulevard said:

Seems like they're getting rid of their coupons for cardholders too, or at least it feels like one hasn't been sent out in ages. But I guess hard to make a mini catalog for the cards when you only shoot white wall.

I haven't thought about those in forever! I used to get them and you're right, I haven't gotten any in a while either. They really aren't the same store/company anymore, are they? 

@Prettyphile thanks for the pictures, Taylor is one of the few Angels I dont' mind seeing. She looks bored, but whatever cause  her IDGAF attitude suits what they were going for, at least I think it does. 

5 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

i was watching martha's new yt video and she used that eyeshadow palette from vs and i wondered what happened to it? and their mascara? they don't sell them anymore

I think they were revenue killers so they discontinued them? I might be wrong though.

12 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

i was watching martha's new yt video and she used that eyeshadow palette from vs and i wondered what happened to it? and their mascara? they don't sell them anymore

Are Martha's videos any good? I really like Sanne Vloet's videos and Romee's too. I'll have to go check out Martha's.  I don't care for Karlie's. 

I never used any VS makeup, so I wonder if their products were good. I watched a video of some lady talking about how VS makeup isn't very good (it was posted in this thread somewhere) but I always like to try things for myself.  Guess I can't if they don't sell them though. 

And I have been re-reading through this thread (now on page 289) and it used to be so much busier, like there used to be SO MANY posters. Now it's just like a handful of people (awesome people though). It's just kinda sad to see how the interest in VS has declined over the years and how many people who used to post here are no longer even participating on this site, let alone on the VS thread. 

I love this thread even though I bitch a lot. I hope we get some more people on here, I like discussions and reading everyone's opinions! 

Bettina- love that picture of JAsmine! Thank you for posting that! 😃

You guys wanna do some gossip? What do you think about this:

"He also often attended the Victoria's Secret fashion shows, and hosted at his New York City home the fashion models, and helped aspiring models get work with the company."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein#Personal_life

Also:

Victoria’s Secret Models

Over the years, though Epstein was never employed by L Brands, he corresponded and met with company executives. He attended Victoria’s Secret fashion shows; some of the models were guests on his private island, according to a former Epstein employee.

Epstein courted young women through the Miami modeling agency MC2, putting them up in an apartment he owned on 66th Street in Manhattan, a former agency bookkeeper said in a 2010 deposition in a civil case. L Brands has employed models from MC2 over the years. A spokeswoman for L Brands declined to comment on whether any were tied to Epstein.

Models were an Epstein theme, according to William Mook, head of Mok Industries in Columbus. He said he met Epstein after pitching an investment opportunity in September 2005 to Ed Razek, an L Brands executive who helps select Victoria’s Secret models. Epstein invited the two men to the Manhattan mansion and when he and Razek showed up, Mook said, they were welcomed by young women who said they were working as models for Epstein. An L Brands spokeswoman didn’t respond to a request for an interview with Razek.

Much like the mansion, the Boeing 727, on which Epstein shuttled famous friends including Bill Clinton, was also a hand-me-down from Wexner, records show. Epstein had the tags changed to a vanity plate ending in “JE,” according to documents obtained by JetTrack.

Epstein used the jet on at least one occasion in the 1990s to travel to Abigail Plantation in Georgia, a quail-hunting preserve Wexner named for his wife, according to a person familiar with the itinerary. The two men went hunting and Epstein came back empty-handed, the person said.

In Epstein’s infamous “Little Black Book” of contacts, first published by the now-defunct website Gawker in 2015, there are hundreds of names. Dozens of phone numbers are listed for Wexner -- for his home, the plantation, residences in London and Aspen as well as for various vehicles and staff associated with each property, plus more for executives at Wexner’s companies.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-13/a-billionaire-and-a-sex-offender-the-wexner-and-epstein-ties

31 minutes ago, Schemer said:

You guys wanna do some gossip? What do you think about this:

I literally just saw this guy on the front page of Bing yesterday I think. 

I don't know anything about it,  so thank you for providing the links so I can check it out. 

ok: just clicked on the link and he's a sex offender. oh boy. sex offender of minors too. 

and the Wexner dude was friends with him? 

ewwwwwww. I have some researching to do.

what do you think of this, Schemer?

I'm still reading about the Wexner/Eppstein thing, but in the meantime I'm curious about somethings. 

IDK if anyone will respond to this, but 

1)who are some of your favorite Angels of all time?

2)who are some of your  least favorites of all time ?

3)Favorite PINK spokesmodel?

4)Favorite runway presence (angel or not)

5)least favorite runway presence (angel or not)

for me

1)Barbara! Candice, Miranda, Lily, Behati

2)Alexina, Jac, Kate G, Selita, Chanel, Lindsey, Adriana, 

3)Grace

4)Rosie, Behati, Jourdan D, Marisa, Doutzen, Shanina, Elsa, Grace, Romee,

5)Alexina, Selita, Jac, Izabel, Lily D, Lais, Cara, Josephine, Taylor, 

I hope someone responds, I really like learning about what you guys like/don't like. None of my friends in real life know anything or care about VS or modeling. I am for real the only person I know in real life that is into this stuff. 

1: Who are some of your favorite Angels of all time?

- Miranda, Taylor, Behati, Candice, Sara, Alessandra

2: Who are some of your  least favorites of all time ?

- Barbara: I know everyone and their mother loves this woman, but I find her face very off putting and it's completely unsymmetrical now, her public persona is at odds with everything I like it a human being,  and she's pushing a mom body and she's not even 30. She just isn't pretty, or good looking to me anymore. Maybe 5 years ago, but now... nope

3: Favorite PINK Spokesmodel?

- Toss up between Miranda and Behati

4: Favorite runway presence (angel or not) 

- Naomi Campbell, Eugenia Volodina, Gisele Bundchen, Lorena Rae, Adriana Lima (1999 to 2005, before the ❤️ points kissy face, ❤️ praying on stage BS happened) and Candice Swanepoel (her very first runway was a wow moment for me, then after that it seemed less... exciting. Though I do blame the lack of a fierce walk from her on the shitty music they tend to make the girls walk to now. There is no beat, nothing worth walking to, a complete snorefest)

5: Least favorite runway presence (angel or not)

- Angela Lindvall, Alexina Graham, Stella Maxwell (soo much better in print and on the HF runways)  and basically 90% of the models they currently use. Too much Tyra over the top bullshit. NONE of you will ever be Tyra so stop it.  There is zero sexy on the runway anymore. 

Bonus - Last good show, 2006

1)who are some of your favorite Angels of all time? Alessandra was the model that got me interested in VS in the first place and Miranda will probably forever be my favorite angel. I love Sara, Grace and Lais from the current group. 

2)who are some of your  least favorites of all time ? I never really got the Josephine hype. Sadly Jac and Kate were forgettable too. 

3)Favorite PINK spokesmodel? Miranda, but Behati is a close second. 

4)Favorite runway presence (angel or not) the entire lineup of the santa’s helpers segment in 2005. Eugenia in Russian babes was great too. 

5)least favorite runway presence (angel or not) Lily and Chanel had some pretty bad walks. Angela too. Also never really understood why VS hired Anja Rubik, Caroline Brasch Nielsen or Karmen Pedaru. Much better suited for HF.