Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

3 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Did VS/PINK even promote this on social media? Or did it just kinda happen?

If VS is going to blow money on these kinds of events and then not promote them, wtf is the point?

I'm not going to pull all the pictures because no one cares...

what even is this? there's no PINK models or anything there, right? just some random chick?

and yeah, why don't they promote events anymore? I mean, they barely have events but still....I wish they would bring in-store Angel meet and greets back. 

No Angels, no PINK girls, just a random Actress/Singer.

2 minutes ago, bump said:

and yeah, why don't they promote events anymore? I mean, they barely have events but still....I wish they would bring in-store Angel meet and greets back.

The 3-day weekend will be held in Sedona, Arizona and filled with activities such as morning yoga, stargazing, a tour of Sedona’s tranquil red rocks, and a discussion and Q&A with Laura Marano. The retreatants will also partake in an hour-long mindfulness workshop led by the founder of Happy Not Perfect, Poppy Jamie. They will also be gifted a year subscription to Happy Not Perfect after the weekend is over and leave equipped with the tools and resources to continue this weekend’s lessons into their daily lives.

PINK has invited 75 college-aged women of different backgrounds to attend this relaxing weekend. Today through Thursday PINK is holding a sweepstake on their Instagram page. To enter you have to be 18-25 years old and in the US, follow their Instagram @VSPINK, leave a comment under the “GRL PWR Retreat Unplugged” post telling why you would like to attend, tag a friend and use the hashtag #PINKSweepstakes.

I just looked at the VSPINK IG and I don't think there is one PINK SPOKES MODEL on there, just a bunch of random college chicks, and non-models.

I think we can officially say Grace Elizabeth was the last official PINK girl.

@Prettyphile thanks for the information.  that retreat actually sounds kinda cool, but it's so weird that they have no spokesmodels there but yet PINK is still sponsoring it? weird. 

and yeah Grace was probably the last. I think that is such a dumb move. Everyone complained about VS using random and pointless "influencers", so idk why they are doing that with PINK too. 

5 hours ago, bump said:

I think so, too. Which is great because Jasmine is one of the best Angels they have working now. 

I also really like her "Joja" stuff, I love all the health and positivity stuff they put out.  

too bad there's no show this year because I would want to Jasmine to open. I'm so glad she at least got a FB and that is was gorgeous.  

Wait what ? there is no show this year ?! I guess I'm late for the party..🤔😁

2 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

talking about the show, i found this. what do you guys think? i heard something about the wings creators, if i'm not wrong. maybe someone here said it?

Anything is possible, but it also wouldn't be the first time VS totally changed up everything including Wing Designers, Makeup Artists, Stylists, FB creators, Creative Director, Costume Designers, Segment producers, Producers, Cinematographers, Models, Artist. Several times in the past they've dropped staple staff when they're trying to change things up.

Todd Thomas leaving back in like 2011 was a huge shakeup and changed the show for the worse imo.  Things don't stay the same forever, for better or worse.

And then there is this -  which is atm the best evidence we have of a change-up.

The announcement was made in a Friday memo to the chain’s associates from Leslie Wexner, the chief executive of Victoria’s Secret’s parent company, L Brands. Mr. Wexner said that the company had been “taking a fresh look at every aspect of our business” in the past few months, and noted that the brand “must evolve and change to grow.”

“With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show,” he wrote. “Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit.” He said the company would develop “a new kind of event” on different platforms in the future, though he gave no further details.

^^ That does not in any way shape or form sound like they're dropping the show, but reinventing it some how.

Maybe the show will be back, maybe it'll be a different kinda of show, or maybe it's been killed altogether, who knows, but I put more stock into Leslie Wexners words then some IG fan account who clearly sees things in BLACK & WHITE and never a shade of GREY. Firing so & so was clearly means NO SHOW (the fuck?).. or maybe it's a desperate changing of the guards? Again who knows. :idk:

And we usually find something out July (mid to late) or August, not just the beginning of July.

Side note: Fingers crossed it comes back, if it doesn't it's not a big loss imo

31 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I just want a new creative director, set of designers, and a casting director. :angel:

And hairstylist, makeup artists, lighting, costume designers, set directors...

Every year looks the same. Beachy waves, and minimal makeup. Apparently, the people they've had doing the show don't understand the difference between photography makeup (which is what they've been doing for 10+ years now), and stage makeup. For the cameras to be able to pick up the makeup you really have to put that shit on which is often why they use stage makeup like Ben-Nye on TV and Broadway shows, (also a big fav in the goth and drag communities to help get more vivid looks then regular makeup can provide)...

In addition, they've been using the wrong lighting on the runway, they appear to rely on warmer tones and the occasional cool tone here and there which does nothing more then wash the models out on the runway making it that much harder for the cameras to pick up on the makeup clearly. They need warm, cool, and neutrals on front lights, saturated warm and cool for accent lighting behind the models and on the sides of the runway to give them 'pop'.

As Tharon Musser has said, “If a color doesn’t look right on stage, just change it!. VS has yet to get that memo...

There's a reason the girls always look better backstage than on the runway... the makeup is made for standard lenses and lighting, and the poor makeup artists obviously haven't been informed of the temperature production is using thus allowing them to change the makeup a bit more.

57 minutes ago, bump said:

I really hope there's a show still. Now that Barbara, Leomie, and Grace are Angels, I want to see them walk some more! I always thought GRace had a great walk. 

Even if there is a show, you only would see them like 10 second in the whole show.:rofl:

Am I the only one hoping there's no show this year? I'm hoping for no show and another AAA, hopefully getting a good five girls dropped as well as VS starting to get their shit together. This is the lineup Id personally like to see. They all something different and have done consistently well the last few years with VS, I'm sure they would all be doing even better if VS had bothered to actually promote their Angels as they used to and I think the four new girls deserve a chance.

Y8vIV1xS_t.jpg dleL4SCH_t.jpg nySpoN6P_t.jpg VOHVNqES_t.jpg9u2kiHNC_t.jpg FodheZ0N_t.jpg 31scfegY_t.jpg 91skaegX_t.jpg

BTUfV47z_t.jpeg wrT7euwX_t.jpeg GduRumZT_t.jpg RiJwZHqa_t.jpg 2mtRsZvW_t.jpg 1KifN3EM_t.jpg O79ZjwGB_t.jpg GrCFl9wL_t.jpg KbTvlpE7_t.jpg jjdMTADu_t.jpg PMOlkICu_t.jpg 9cFPTqPm_t.jpg joKvEvKh_t.jpg uehaR0u2_t.jpg Ghh91dTG_t.jpg BARs5SPP_t.jpg dnUT1i1f_t.jpg SOHCVZbj_t.jpg tZ7Okzbf_t.jpg YTCT709H_t.jpg AfqmDhW8_t.jpg laQcIyY7_t.jpg fAunHuLG_t.jpg t7pvunU4_t.jpg ADDvBtLp_t.jpg H6R6wnt6_t.jpg Wqdq20aj_t.jpg A6xLXC8n_t.jpg udbQRePw_t.jpg xCqYQ6QD_t.jpg ybPbochl_t.jpg kyh0Ep1m_t.jpg EA61c0RQ_t.jpg SGV6onFS_t.jpg e35JeXqp_t.jpg HXy3uMb9_t.jpg Ij4uojxE_t.jpg GUu4n6bO_t.jpg oEMbNvef_t.jpg awhgvahB_t.jpg dWZjdFPy_t.jpg EmLdx6xg_t.jpg dnnSUlGW_t.jpg VSrSNaHw_t.jpg uijc2GDy_t.jpg quvJeFbd_t.jpg gBxFYOxt_t.jpg rxwUUOpr_t.jpg 890v2PH0_t.jpg ZjUP03PA_t.jpg cEO0qUc0_t.jpg SFva5k1W_t.jpg RN8uUTAC_t.jpg 02yvpAbr_t.jpg uBRUdfhC_t.jpg T5210VHI_t.jpg RXswuuyd_t.jpg sAQzRYcV_t.jpg rTpkoXNw_t.jpg y01ftrXN_t.jpg 6CX7qQBT_t.jpg m6fTD2qV_t.jpg sTULXp1H_t.jpg c998sQfQ_t.jpg VFggC0JU_t.jpg v47vd5UT_t.jpg nmbBkuF9_t.jpg XCTdT3WL_t.jpg K9FT8IYv_t.jpg bJfFO9Zj_t.jpg

Like I adore Martha and Stella but they are not doing much for me in terms of VS, same for Romee.