Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Speaking of

Instagram Users Are Annoyed With Victoria’s Secret For Featuring Influencers — ‘Angels! No More Influencers’

In the past several weeks, Victoria’s Secret has been sharing photos of Instagram models and influencers on its verified page to promote its underwear and swimwear, but users of the social media platform appear to have a beef with the brand’s new strategy.

On Friday, Victoria’s Secret took to the popular social media platform to share yet another photo featuring Jenny Cipoletti, an influencer and creator of the fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog named Margo and Me, wearing a leopard-print one-piece swimsuit. Within just the first hour after Victoria’s Secret posting the photo, Instagram users flocked to the comments section to ask the brand to return to using its regular models and Angels to promote its collections, adding that the influencers don’t represent the brand they love.

“We don’t want to see influencers. Use your Angels,” one user wrote, a comment that was liked a dozen times in a short amount of time, suggesting that the user is far from alone in feeling this way.

“Angels! No more influencers,” another user chimed in, pairing the comment with a series of emoji rolling their eyes.

“More influencers. How much of that girl’s swim line did she trade you to sell for a free trip,” a third user criticized.

As those who follow Victoria’s Secret on Instagram will know, this is just the most recent example of it using influencers and other social media models on its feed as of late. As recently as Thursday, the brand took to the platform to share a photo of influencer Cara Santana in a white polka dot two-piece bikini by Victoria’s Secret, a post that also attracted a fair share of dissenters.

“Don’t you guys have angels? What’s the point of them now,” one user asked.

“What is with all these influencers??? Unfollow,” another one said.

Victoria’s Secret recently brought back its swimwear line, which was discontinued three years ago, as Business Insider noted earlier this year. According to the report, the brand was hoping that the relaunch of its swimsuits would help bump up its sales, as the company has been facing some pressure in recent years.

However, customers have criticized Victoria’s Secret newly launched swimwear line, contending that the cost is excessive and the sizing too limited, the repot further detailed. Complaints have focused particularly on the larger sizes, which are generally only offered in the non-Victoria’s Secret brands that it partnered with, Business Insider pointed out.

2 minutes ago, bump said:

and the budget thing....is VS really doing that badly? I can't tell you the last time I bought anything there and I used to shop there quite a bit. it seems like the VS store at my mall never has anyone in it.

I mean they are doing the bare minimum for everything and not in a good way. This is a big brand acting like they are an Instagram boutique store. If they want to mimic their old strategy of a boutique approach they should look to their competitors who do it better. It just comes across cheap and shows their loss of brand identity. 

@Prettyphile Victoria's Secret basically said to their fan base... " Qu'ils mangent de la brioche." If these fans bought as much as they comment on VS posts then we wouldn't have these problems. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

There’s a random girl going off on everyone who posts something negative about the influencers in the comments too. It’s a mess. 

i've been discussing (playing) with her for hours, until I got tired and deleted my comment because she wouldn't stop. jesus, she's apparently 40 and acts like a 5 year old kid. she claims to be friends of these girls and said she worked with vs LMAO :rofl: so pathetic 

They are using these influencers to promote the swim of other designers that they are selling on VS site. My understanding is that these influencers are not promoting VS swim. Maybe that designer that is selling their swim on VS site wanted to use the influencers and VS Angels don't have contract with those designers they have contract with VS so that is why they are not promoting that swim event. 

20 hours ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

I mean they are doing the bare minimum for everything and not in a good way. This is a big brand acting like they are an Instagram boutique store. If they want to mimic their old strategy of a boutique approach they should look to their competitors who do it better. It just comes across cheap and shows their loss of brand identity. 

"loss of brand identity"....yes, exactly that. it's a shame because VS used to be so great, I looked forward to the catalogues and all of the fun fantasy pictures but especially swim pictures. the store at my mall still has pictures of Miranda and Doutzen in it, so it makes me wonder if they know that the public in person want to see older/more mature and elegant Angels and then they think all the online/internet stuff should be directed at teenagers? 

I have never heard of these instagram bitches they're posting about but I don't think they're cute at all, especialyl that Cara girl. No thanks. 

edit: I still think the "influencers" are a stupid move for VS to be posting about, but I looked more into the Cara Sanatana chick and she is kinda sweet, so maybe I was wrong there. 

VS should learn from this mess and actually bring their Angels on those trips along with these "influencers" (hate that word!)...  At the end of the day, what's the point of hiring 15 or so women to promote the brand if they're not going to use them? Plus, if it's a collab with another swimwear brand, having the Angels along will surely help both? 

Victoria’s Secret Swim Yacht Party Pic Goes Viral

Victoria’s Secret has thrown a yacht party. As The Daily Mail reports on June 29, the lingerie giant generously sponsored a Turks and Caicos bash – but surprisingly, not for its own Angels. A picture posted to the brand’s account now appears to have gone sufficiently viral to make the newspaper’s headlines.

As The Daily Mail reports, the bevy of bikini or swimsuit-clad models enjoying the yacht trip was “[led]” by actress Cara Santana. The 34-year-old posted pictures of herself from the event on her own Instagram account – gorgeous as the snaps were, the bigger headline seems to have been made by the seven girls posing at the yacht’s edge.

The group snap (seen below) included relatively unknown social media influencers. Ashley Moore, Natalie Suarez, Jenny Cipoletti, Shea Marie, Chanelle Elise, and Dylana Suarez all joined the Santa Clarita Diet actress for some fun in the sun. The photo did, indeed, suggest the crew to be having a blast. While not every single girl was smiling, the overall body language of raised arms and camera-friendly pouting pointed towards the outing as being an enjoyable one. The Daily Mail reports other images from the party to have included the girls descending from the yacht, splashing around in the water, and indulging in a fancy dinner.

Fans left their comments to the photo posted by Victoria’s Secret. While many users asked specific questions about the brand’s lingerie, not all seemed satisfied with the concept behind the picture.

“Why have tons of angels when you’re just gonna use random girls instead,” one fan wrote.

The brand replied.

“Our Angels haven’t gone anywhere & we love them! We took a trip to Turks & Caicos with @Sheamarie, the designer of Skin by Same swimwear, to celebrate the launch of her exclusive Same x VSSwim and to share some of the other cool swim brands we are bringing to you on our site. Enjoy!”

Famous Victoria’s Secret Angels include Josephine Skriver, Candice Swanepoel, Jasmine Tookes, and Romee Strijd. As to the identity of the influencers lucky enough to party on the brand’s yacht, The Daily Mail has offered some detail. Shea Marie is the CEO & Creative Director of SAME LA swimwear brand. Dylana Suarez is a fashion and lifestyle blogger. The newspaper also pointed out the various Instagram followings between the ladies. At the top end is Shea Marie – she has 1.2 million followers. At the lower end is Chanelle Nicholas. Her following sits below 9,000.

7 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

The group snap (seen below) included relatively unknown social media influencers. 

If they are “relatively unknown” how can they be “influencers”? 

34 minutes ago, Sparkling said:

In the last JOJA youtube video, Jo said that her breast are real. Do you think she would lie? If they were not real she could have just said nothing. 

Lais was getting the same guff about her breasts, and I think the FB interviews are where she said, they were natural. 

So so why can’t Jo have natural breasts too? 

To me, it really doesn’t matter if they are or are not natural. It should be between them and their doctors.