Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

9 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Clauds and I were just talking about this subject yesterday, and you're right it's ridiculous. They've got what like 15-16 angels (seriously who the fuck knows anymore lol) now most of whom they don't use (look at the VS website, it's full of none angels). EVERYONE has to be represented, or have a voice within VS, but they aren't, and you can't possibly hit every demographic who shops with VS, or its potential customers.

I don't care what anyone says and you can go ahead and argue with me till the cows come home about this. Barbara Palvin was hired because 1 she had followers, and 2 because she's got that "healthy" body type (aka THICC in comparison to a typical model body), but Barbara isn't enough. VS is looking at another "healthy" girl who just happens to be black... gotta get that ebony and ivory thing to be inclusive towards all healthy body types right?..... right?! Where're my "healthy" 5'2 girls who need rep and love. It's bullshit we aren't getting this.... right?.... RIGHT?!?!

Leomie was hired because Lais and Jasmine don't have "black" enough features.  Alex because red heads have been screaming about Cintia Dicker being an angel for how long because I mean... redheads? Both also appeal to the British Demographic of buyers and potential buyers... but where are my angels from Vietnam or South East Asian god dammit. I feel like my sister in law needs to be represented (yes I have a brother from Vietnam... my dad was a busy solider)... Now we got girls who look under 18! AWESOME, how about showing some love to 14 years old now VS?

The problem starts to arise when people stop looking at the beautiful woman in lingerie and start looking for reasons to not buy a product because a girl who isn't Asian enough isn't wearing the bra, or a girl who isn't Latino enough isn't wearing the lingerie. I don't know about you but I have never once looked at any model and said "GOD DAMN, that girl isn't white enough for me, I'm not going to buy this shit..... Now if they're just put it on Megan Williams I'd consider it"... THE ONLY thing VS needs to take into consideration is body types. I want to be able to at least somewhat picture what a set of undies might look like on me because the model wearing said undies has a similar body type.... fuck what skin color she has, it's completely irrelevant at this point.

Adriana didn't represent the Latino shoppers because not Latino enough. Enter her mini-me Sara Sampaio and for some, it still isn't enough because she's not from Mexico, or Brazil, or Chile, or Spain, or insert reason to be "upset".

I get everyone wants to be seen or heard within a brand they love, but there comes a point where you cannot possibly try and please everyone, or everything, and doing so just becomes laughable.

Cans I have this to feel represented now please :(

image.png

exactly, i understand everyone wants some representation, but it's not possible. i agree with plus size, black, asian and short (like sara) models, but some of these people... like latinas. they're always saying that some miss should walk the show, and this miss look like another ig model who has nothing natural, it's pure plastic. and they don't even look beautiful, they look vulgar (i hate that word, but they have used it so many times to talk sht about stella....... but honestly, that how most of them look). i'm spanish and i don't complain about vs not having spanish angels, because i don't fcking care tbh. if there aren't spanish models who fit vs, what can i do? they can't understand that most of the misses they want to be an angel don't fit vs. but they can't understand it, apparently. they just want a latin american (not brazilian) angel. not saying there aren't good latin american models, i'm sure there are, but they always say the same girls. it's annoying

sorry for this lol

27 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

exactly, i understand everyone wants some representation, but it's not possible. i agree with plus size, black, asian and short (like sara) models, but some of these people... like latinas. they're always saying that some miss should walk the show, and this miss look like another ig model who has nothing natural, it's pure plastic. and they don't even look beautiful, they look vulgar (i hate that word, but they have used it so many times to talk sht about stella....... but honestly, that how most of them look). i'm spanish and i don't complain about vs not having spanish angels, because i don't fcking care tbh. if there aren't spanish models who fit vs, what can i do? they can't understand that most of the misses they want to be an angel don't fit vs. but they can't understand it, apparently. they just want a latin american (not brazilian) angel. not saying there aren't good latin american models, i'm sure there are, but they always say the same girls. it's annoying

sorry for this lol

This overemphasis on race or size first without even considering if there's someone suitable to represent that is hella annoying. If someone is Angel-material, then they are Angel-material. I'd rather have 5 girls who have somewhat similar looks but are 100% Angel-material than 5 girls who look distinctively different from one another but are mediocre looking.

1 minute ago, VSfan88 said:

This overemphasis on race or size first without even considering if there's someone suitable to represent that is hella annoying. If someone is Angel-material, then they are Angel-material. I'd rather have 5 girls who have somewhat similar looks but are 100% Angel-material than 5 girls who look distinctively different from one another but are mediocre looking.

i mean same, i don't care about the race as long as they are angel material, what i was trying to say is that vs needs more black, asian angels... i think there are models of these races that are angel material

What is Angel Material to you? I know most of us have differing opinions on the subject. 

To me, the models need something about them that makes me go Wow!

Being able to do public speaking well and not fall back to repeating sexy in every press interview about the products they are shilling is another must. 

Charisma is key for me.

the first time i saw her, i fell in love with her, but after seeing her photos on my timeline a few times i realized she's another blonde girl with blue eyes, nothing special. she's pretty, but boring. if you go to vs website, you'll find plenty of photos of her with the same expression

i don't like any of the girls the chose for these 3 fragrances

lotta: boring

iesha: not beautiful imo

aiden: kinda pretty and boring