Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

16 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

what i see they have in common or similar: eyebrows, blue eyes, nose and jawline ? but if i look closely, i don't see them as twins like everyone does, sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️

yeah I think it's just the eyebrows too. I guess I can kinda see the nose resemblance with teh pictures you posted, but I don't see the jawline resemblance. 

@Cult Icon thank you for posting that video of Brooke Shields. I watched a very good chunk of the video and I do not understand why she is supposed to be such a beautiful woman, but to each their own I guess. I looked her up though and she seems like a nice lady so that's cool. 

the new SAS commercial is cute but boring. I remember they had the same one for YEARS it felt like, so I'm glad they've done something to change it, but I'm just "meh" about it. The way Elsa said her "you just got to be there" line reaaaaallly annoyed me for some reason but Jasmine was super cute. 

1 hour ago, bump said:

yeah I think it's just the eyebrows too. I guess I can kinda see the nose resemblance with teh pictures you posted, but I don't see the jawline resemblance. 

@Cult Icon thank you for posting that video of Brooke Shields. I watched a very good chunk of the video and I do not understand why she is supposed to be such a beautiful woman, but to each their own I guess. I looked her up though and she seems like a nice lady so that's cool. 

The significant cheekbone, forehead, and jawline differences.. a very different facial palette.

Like pretty mentioned a while ago, one of her first big breaks was "Blue Lagoon" 😁 and she was acting in films as a teenager .  I also think the celeb and modeling culture of the 1980s was more elitist- where there was a smaller number of superstars who made fortunes.  This was in the pre-internet days where there was limited access to information. This is in sharp contrast to how top models are today.

To me and doubtless many others she is facially a "perfect woman"up to her late 20s.  Then strangely she aged and in a masculine sort of way.

Lorena Duran and Barbara were shooting together yesterday, and  I believe Grace and Elsa (:chicken:)are shooting today. Bob Campbell is there so I'm guessing it's another "campaign" even though it'll be a boring solid colour background bs thing again. 

Edit: Lais and Jo were shooting together yesterday as well. 

I really like the idea of Lorena Duran and Barbara together. I still wish Lorena Rae would shoot more, but I like both Lorena's. 

Does anyone know if it's possible that any Angels will be getting dropped this year? I never understood how contracts really work. Thanks in advance if anyone knows and answers me! 

i've seen a lot of posts on ig saying that some misses (catriona, as an example) should work with vs and i'm curious; would you like to see a miss working with vs or getting the show? in general, i don't like misses. they all (or almost all of them) look the same for me, and yeah most of them have better catwalks than most of the current angels 💀 but they remind me of insta models

if i'm not wrong, vs has had misses walking the show or working with them, but for some reason, they didn't look like misses for me

9 hours ago, bump said:

I never understood how contracts really work. Thanks in advance if anyone knows and answers me! 

First, there are a number of contract provisions, including one that outlines the model’s time commitment to the brand. According to former-Angel, Miranda Kerr, "It's three months at bare minimum." Other sources have noted that Angels have to commit 50 days a year or more to VS, which prohibits them from participating in other fashion and fragrance campaigns.

There are also commitments to promote the brand, such as appearances at special events, in commercials, and/or in print publications, and travel commitments, particularly in connection with the aforementioned events and photo shoots for the brand’s catalog and e-commerce site. 

While non-Angel Victoria’s Secret models - such as Kendall Jenner, Gigi and Bella Hadid and co. - tend to appear in the same events, catalogs, and even the annual runway show, they are often not contractually obligated to participate in each one in lieu of jobs for other brands. The difference, per Angel Martha Hunt: Victoria's Secret takes priority in a model’s scheduling, meaning less work and travel for other, less steady gigs.

Additionally, the Angel contract includes some more cosmetic-focused provisions. For instance, brand new Angels must be at least 18. As for the girls' physiques, the typical high fashion undernourished look is not acceptable. In fact, model Candice Swanepoel reportedly came under fire in the past for failing to look "healthy and muscular" enough to maintain her Angel contract. As such, models that are contracted as Angels tend to generally give up the high fashion runway (and its different measurement preferences) – with Swanepoel, who has walked for Givenchy and Marc Jacobs recently, being a bit of an exception.   However, she walks for far fewer houses since landing her Angel wings.

Taylor Hill, an Angel, has also been spotted all over the runway during the various fashion weeks, walking for Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Mugler, Roland Mouret, and Chanel, among other houses; this is likely to change as she begins to devote more time to VS.

Non-disclosure: Based on the lack of information available, we are willing to bet that there are some very strict non-disclosure clauses that come along with both "Angel" contracts and VS Fashion Show contracts. 

As for the pay: The Angel contract has changed quite a bit over time, at least when it comes to compensation. Over the past couple of years, a number of big-name Angels have “hung up their wings” due to diminishing pay.

“The money isn’t what it used to be,” a source told Page Six. “Older contracts like Alessandra Ambrosio were in the millions, now they’re $100,000.” Pay cuts, which are said to be the result of an increase in the number of Angels (think: 15 at the moment, up from roughly 4 to 8 in prior years), have reportedly caused Karlie Kloss and Doutzen Kroes to opt out of renewing their contracts.

While the pay is certainly down, the benefits of an Angel contract are still quite significant, as it entails a level of fame that most models simply do not possess as a result of high fashion runway or even editorial work. Sara Sampaio, the Portugese model who started working with VS in 2013 and became an Angel this year, says that aside from her social media numbers making a huge jump since she was named an Angel, she is regularly recognized on the streets. She says: "It almost turns you into a 'brand' — people know who you are and will associate your name with your face, which gives you a chance to have a voice.”

Similarly, Jac Jagaciak, who was known primarily for her high fashion presence before she began working with VS in 2013 and became an Angel in 2015 (and then a year later dropped from the Angel roster) says she is a lot more famous than she used to be. She says this is noteworthy as “you can use the fame you’re getting for so many things — not only promoting yourself, but charities or helping friends who are putting projects out."

Maybe more interestingly, the perks of an Angel contract come in the form of guaranteed work. Most models lack any real form of job stability due to the cyclical and trend-based nature of fashion, as well as its penchant for new, young faces. In this way, a VS contract is well worth it. According Jagaciak: "This is for sure like a full-time job; it feels like I was just hired by a company and I’m literally like going to the office. It’s more stable for me, which I love — I finally live here full-time and that’s a big change. I feel very settled."

The only miss I want in the show is Edymar Martinez because she's gorgeous, have a nice walk, and I have speak to her many times and she's a sweetheart and have VS as one of her goals... And she's venezuelan and I'm rooting for everyone venezuelan.

@Prettyphile thank you for posting that information. That's a shame about the pay cuts. I'd rather have less Angels so the actual Angels could get paid more. It just seemed more glamorous back in the day when it was like that; now being an Angel doesn't seem special (I know I've read that same opinion on here many times as well). 

I like that Edymar girl a lot!!! I had no idea who she was, so I looked her up and yes she is super pretty. I wish she had a more active Bellazon thread, though. 

Sidenote: I hope nothing ever happens to BZ. I would be so sad. I start my mornings with my coffee, lemon water, and reading through this thread (I'm on page 1325 at the moment) and reading through threads of other models I like ( Candice, Miranda, Doutzen, Rosie who I never knew I liked so much, Lily, etc). I love looking at not only their modeling pictures, but street style and red carpet as well. It's a wonderfully calming way to start my day on my days off or during the summer.

so thanks to all of you who post here, especially who post information and pictures!

1 hour ago, bump said:

@Prettyphile thank you for posting that information. That's a shame about the pay cuts. I'd rather have less Angels so the actual Angels could get paid more. It just seemed more glamorous back in the day when it was like that; now being an Angel doesn't seem special (I know I've read that same opinion on here many times as well). 

The difference between now and then is now they need to accommodate more and more people wanting (needing quote on quote) to be represented because.... reasons? image.png

It's not enough to have a blonde, brunette, curvy, or skinny model.. now every race, creed, religion, nationality, THICCNESS, disability, sexual preference, or lack thereof,  oddity, body type  -- needs it's "voice". When you spread yourself out that thinly and need 15+ models which still don't cover the spectrum that people want, you lose .... quality?

Welcome to 2019 SJWness ALL THE VOICES WILL BE HEARD

My gut is kinda screaming something for a potential show, or something coming related to it. Who knows, could be wrong, most likely wrong, but my gut can't get away from that feeling atm.

??

❤️𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 @victoriassecret ... 𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 🙌🏼