Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

4 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

She was 15???? :mellow:

At 15-years-old, Brooke Shields had already risen to stardom as a young actress and model in the 1980s. But, when she was recruited by designer Calvin Klein to appear in a series of overtly sexy print and television ads (shot by Richard Avedon) for his new line of super-tight jeans, she became infamous for uttering the flirtatious line: “Do you know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing.”

image.png

Jeans are sex. The tighter they are, the better they sell.

-Calvin Klein

Unfortunately, a scandalized America didn’t consider Shields’ appearance in the ads, looking much more mature than a mere 15-year-old “nothing”. In fact, the ads caused a public uproar, making negative publicity as much a part of the marketing effort as the ads themselves. Though the commercial was banned by ABC and CBS in New York, Klein himself didn’t back down from his choice.

31 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:
  26 minutes ago, bump said:

Brooke Shields....I've heard the name but will have to look her up too. 

nRgVPSC.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDIT: This quote is everything. I am not a fan of Klein's views esp. when they came to models and supermodels. He pretty much started the "starve yourself to the bone" who needs "supermodels to sell clothes...they are suppose to be hangers" era. He said this in an interview on video.

Jeans are sex. The tighter they are, the better they sell.

-Calvin Klein

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Again it doesn't sound like they're canceling it, just changing the way it's viewed and formatted.

Here is the full memo

that's what i think (i posted it to know your opinions). who has read the memo? because these people haven't read it tbh. i think there's not show this year and they'll do a tour like in 2004, which i think it's a good idea since nobody knows their angels and it's a good way to know them, but anyway