Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

damn i feel really bad for the newest angels.... but i hope this is a step in the right direction for VS, they been stuck in the past for a long time and I'm actually excited to see what are they going to do now

Don't feel bad so soon, if VS is smart enough and they move to Netflix, HBO, Hulu or any of those and do things right then the girls will do great. It honestly comes down to what they plan to do next. I doubt VS decided to sign four new angels before they made the decision to stop having the show on TV, I'm guessing they already have about where to go ... if it's a good plan or not, we shall find out soon enough.

I'm not really sure what streaming is, but I know I don't have Netflix or stuff like that. My parents have a tv with like 7,000 channels but if the VSFS won't be on TV anymore, I hope  I can find a way to watch it online. Most of the outfits and models suck anymore, but I still liked watching it especially since Barbara and Leomie and Grace are Angels now. If I have to pay online to watch it, then I won't do that. I don't like paying for things online because I don't trust online stuff. 

But good for VS. I hope they do well. I don't want to see them crash and burn like I thought they were heading towards. But I do want to be able to access teh VSFS. Some people just aren't into all the online/new technology stuff and I'm one of them. I hope it doesn't affect my ability to watch it. 

Sorry about the sad little rant. I just hope I can figure out how to watch it this year. 

To keep it off the topic of my technological/digitally backwards ass, I hope they still do Road to the Runway shows. I love watching the costumes be made and the casting process and everything. 

Reading this: "With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Going forward we don't believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we're focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event – delivered to our customers on platforms that she's glued to … and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age." I'm not seeing that there will be the show that we all know anymore.
"New kind of event" on "platforms that she's glued to" (an online platform or streaming service?) gives me the impression that there will be some new concept and not just VSFS moved to a different viewing platform.
I might be wrong though.

9 hours ago, Clauds said:

Don't feel bad so soon, if VS is smart enough and they move to Netflix, HBO, Hulu or any of those and do things right then the girls will do great. It honestly comes down to what they plan to do next. I doubt VS decided to sign four new angels before they made the decision to stop having the show on TV, I'm guessing they already have about where to go ... if it's a good plan or not, we shall find out soon enough.

Agreed. there are big changing times for TV, VS could try to bid several streaming platforms for their VSFS catalogue plus new shows..kind of a missed opportunity actually

If they did move to a streaming platform like Netflix it would be interesting if it became a mini series. Leading up to the previous show they did all those "Road To The Runway" videos on YouTube, so imagine if they made those longer / more interesting as episodes and then the final episode was the actual show. 

14 minutes ago, Kane said:

imagine if they made those longer / more interesting as episodes and then the final episode was the actual show. 

I really enjoy the RTTR videos, I really like seeing bts of how the outfits are made, I really apreciate the work of the artisans. I would really like seeing them as actual episodes, like half and hour long or a bit more. I think it would be something great to do. 

And maybe they could bring back the swim special or do a mini series (like they used to do with the bts on youtube) with the different commercial shoots (when they do it on locations or in actual sets and not just a plain white wall) having the models talk about something, it could give the angels more exposure and make them more recognisable.

My point is that they can make SO MANY GREAT THINGS with this move. I hope they don't screw this up, but is VS we are talking about :idk:

8 minutes ago, Kane said:

If they did move to a streaming platform like Netflix it would be interesting if it became a mini series. Leading up to the previous show they did all those "Road To The Runway" videos on YouTube, so imagine if they made those longer / more interesting as episodes and then the final episode was the actual show. 

+1. Also, if they move to a streaming plataform, they have more time to the thing itself, like things doesn't have to be rushed to fit a 1 hour show. Television is dead, let's face it, people rather see things online than in tv because the time, or if they forget, I watch my tv shows on netflix because I can watch it when I want and can. If they play cards right, this can be positive for them.

34 minutes ago, Kane said:

I like this idea a lot

I think Netflix or HBO would be the best fit. Or even Youtube. It still doesn't get a lot of credit in the mainstream media, but some creators pull massive numbers there and I think VS could too if they did it right. But I would love a mini series on Netflix. The behind the scenes parts are some of my favorite things to watch too.

18 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Why are Lorena and Megan in a video called Ask An Angel? Not that Lorena said much, mind you.

Megan and Lorena are the ones doing the 'asking', the Angels are the ones answering. At least they only show the names of the Angels in the intro. 

Lorena is prob an angel.

Based on the content that is being released now I have little to no hope for digital Victoria Secret until they hire a new prominent team of designers across the board and a brand new marketing team...I mean steal someone from Taylor Swift's team, Chanel's team, Pat Mcgrath's team, etc., anyone with sickening PR/marketing campaigns/set designs....hell even take inspiration from these makeup brands and their social media influencer events. They really go all out.

VS really has to work this time around to get people's attention and stop giving half ass everything. There fan base is clearly not enough to sustain the brand and they finally realized that. Thank God. VS stay away from these platforms or you will be doomed.

I’ve been saying this for a few years. Streaming the show on Netflix would make the most sense because you release the thing in one hit all over the world. The amount of viewership you get would be huge especially if promoted right. This would be the smartest decision for the VS team.