Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 5/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, Alice Green said:

The lipglosses are amazing! That's the only product I have, so can't give my opinion about the rest of the products 

On 5/9/2019 at 7:27 AM, claudiawilliams said:

i bought 2 lipglosses and 1 hand cream 3 years ago, the lipglosses were bad and the hand cream was amazing. maybe they have changed the formula and the glosses are good now, but i didn't like them back then 

I'm indecisive about lipgloss now. :ninja:I'll go through the store to see how I'm doing with them
Thank you!:heart:

You guys act as if Barbara is a plus-size model.

She is a bit curvier (and less toned) than a regular VS angel, but still far from 'being hired by VS because of her weight'. I strongly believe that she has other qualities.

Also, I cannot say that she has lost any weight being fully dressed, but to me she doesn't look any skinnier than in the VSFS.

19 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

If she's losing weight, i think it's just because she didn't workout much before she was casted for last year's show (at least she didnt post it), so now that she's working out she's losing some weight. 

I think VS will never make her loose weight because she was contracted like that, VS likes her this way and she's looking amazing with her body. Erin, for an example, was pressured to loose weight because she gained over the years, she was very skinny when she was contracted. She wasn't "supposed" to gain weight or anything like that. So, if Barbara is getting a little bit thinner, it's because she wants to, not because VS is telling her to, like people tend to think.

This theory may be wrong, but I saw it on an insta comment and it makes a lot of sense. 

18 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Leaving Network TV

Lingerie brand ends long-running annual broadcast after declining viewership and increased criticism

https://www.wsj.com/articles/victorias-secret-fashion-show-leaving-network-tv-11557512139?mod=hp_major_pos14

All the "trolls" have been saying this would happen but the "goddesses" of BZ refused to listen.

EDIT: Let the excuse marathon begin.

giphymm.gif

11 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

please don't tell me they'll go to netflix or something like that. i'm not gonna pay to see kendall walking like a duck

I would not mind if a lingerie brand does a live show on HBO(with nice cinematography, art direction, story line, and etc.) but not VS because they would fuck it up.

*cough* Agent Provocateur *cough*

the most interesting part of the article: 

In an internal memo sent Friday to employees, L Brands Chairman and Chief Executive Les Wexner said he has “decided to re-think the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Going forward we don’t believe network television is the right fit.”

He said the company would focus this year on developing content and a new kind of event “in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age.” The show was webcast before moving to network television.

21 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

please don't tell me they'll go to netflix or something like that. i'm not gonna pay to see kendall walking like a duck

Dear Associate,

For the past few months, we've said that we are taking a fresh look at every aspect of our business – from merchandising, marketing and brand positioning, to our real estate portfolio, digital business and cost structure … literally everything. We have made enormous progress in a very short time, and are looking forward to a successful fall and holiday with an elevated, fashion-forward assortment … 

The strength and positive perception of the Victoria's Secret brand is unparalleled, and our fashion show has revolutionized the mix of fashion and entertainment around the world … a key factor in the building of the brand. 

Fashion is a business of change. We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to re-think the traditional Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Going forward we don't believe network television is the right fit. In 2019 and beyond, we're focusing on developing exciting and dynamic content and a new kind of event – delivered to our customers on platforms that she's glued to … and in ways that will push the boundaries of fashion in the global digital age. I've never been more excited about the power of this brand and where it's going … [Victoria's Secret CEO] John [Mehas] and team are re-birthing the brand.

Best regards, 
Les [Wexner]

Honestly, good for VS. 

It's much better for them to actually admit that things aren't working, and try to change rather than bullheadedly push forward with the same tired formula. Everyone comes in and screams and laughs about how VS is declining (which they definitely are) but it's true that a huge part of that is their unwillingness to adapt to the evolving market. Live TV events are going down in general- why waste a huge portion of your budget on this huge production that isn't giving you the return you want when it's likely a webcast show(if that's where they're moving to) at a much lower cost will reach the same audience. 

I'll wait to see what the actual changes are, but I think it's encouraging that they're starting to make changes. 

11 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I'll wait to see what the actual changes are, but I think it's encouraging that they're starting to make changes. 

I agree. VS has dug their heels in for so long about a lot of things and made a lot of dumb mistakes so it’s refreshing to see them making changes.