Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 minute ago, wintery said:

also this story caught my eye

it could be nothing or it could be something

I don't think that's indicative of much, she's just posing in front of her name on the stairs. Looks like all the girls that have walked the show are on there and I think Chase is referencing the show. 

But she has a display at the NY store. 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I don't think that's indicative of much, she's just posing in front of her name on the stairs. Looks like all the girls that have walked the show are on there and I think Chase is referencing the show. 

But she has a display at the NY store. 

Yeah, I saw that. But her name has been on those stairs for some time. If you take the being the face of the fragrance and all the press plus that post, it could be something. Idk I find it interesting the timing of the story

14 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

14 angels (i don't think lily is an angel anymore) and they decide that using a random instagirl for their new fragrance is the better option. sorry but this really pisses me off. why so many angels if you're gonna ignore them???

LxM.gif.39c4cf1c5ae2f87c27a0f3cc34f63a82.gif

Lorena didn't get famous hawking laxative teas and teeth whiteners on her IG. She's been working steadily in the European & ecomm market for 5 years now(which is how she built up her following. She's not modelling suddenly because she has a lot of followers- she's been modelling for years and got popular because of it). :idk:  It's fine that you don't like her but Lo has been working her way up through the industry for some time now. 

16 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

LxM.gif.39c4cf1c5ae2f87c27a0f3cc34f63a82.gif

Lorena didn't get famous hawking laxative teas and teeth whiteners on her IG. She's been working steadily in the European & ecomm market for 5 years now(which is how she built up her following. She's not modelling suddenly because she has a lot of followers- she's been modelling for years and got popular because of it). :idk:  It's fine that you don't like her but Lo has been working her way up through the industry for some time now. 

she didn't gain fame because of ig but has the instamodel look and that's enough for me. i could understand this hype for her if she had a catwalk like gisele's but no, her catwalk is average and y'all praise her for what ? lol

37 minutes ago, MarVS said:

Lorena will get lost between Babs and Grace and thats the Tea .

just like Martha between the blondes .

How did you figure that? Lorena is more popular than Grace and prettier than both.

Grace is much more successful in HF when it comes to campaigns and runway but Lorena has a strong commercial base and as much as y’all like to deny it, VS is a commercial mall brand. She’ll sell well for them imo. 

I like both girls and think they’d both make great Angels but I really do hope VS gets an Asian girl in their line up before they add two more white girls. I think Lorena’s announcement is inevitable though, given all the recent info. 

I loathe it whenever I read people bitching about certain ethnicities are not represented and then continue to use the word "diversity". Man, stop butchering the word "diversity" when your demand comes from a place of affirmative action. NO ONE should get the Angel title JUST BECAUSE they are of a particular ethnicity as much as being denied that title just because there are already too many Angels of the same ethnicity. If you're Angel-material, then you're Angel-material. If it was for some of you people's logic, then the iconic Angel group consisting of Gisele, Heidi, Tyra, Adriana, Ale and KK would have never existed because of "too many white models". Stop making everything about race and spare it for cases when it actually matters.

3 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

she didn't gain fame because of ig but has the instamodel look and that's enough for me. i could understand this hype for her if she had a catwalk like gisele's but no, her catwalk is average and y'all praise her for what ? lol

THIS!

There is a difference between an "insta model" and "a model who has a huge following on social media" and Lorena is the latter one.

As much as I like Lorena and as much as I wanted her to be an Angel, I just don't think shes' ready yet. 

Leomie, while she hasn't shot much for VS, at least has a few shows under her belt and just exudes sexiness and old school Angel vibes. 

I also wanted Grace to be an Angel, and I still do, but PLEASE VS GET RID OF SOME ANGELS. 

My perfect lineup: Barbara (duh lol), Leomie, Jasmine, Grace, Candice, Behati. 

I, too, would like an Asian angel but I don't really know anyone besides Ming and Sui. I like Ming and I want her to be an Angel, but the more I looked into her the more I think I do't like her personality..was she the girl shouting "Kendall! Kendall!" during a VSFS? IDK what year, but I think it was the year Gigi and Kendall both walked. It was a brief clip and I don't remember it wlel, but I thought it was Ming and if so...EW. I like Kendall a lot actually, but to be cheering her on like that just made it seem like the model yelling her name was trying to be an ass-kisser. Maybe I misread it, but I didn't like the vibe I got from it. 

I can't decide if I like these new swim pictures or not. Leomie's body looked great but her face...must've been a bad angle because she looks super ugly and I usualyl think she's gorgeous. 

Lorena does not even look like a model next to Grace and Barbara. I do not deny that it has nice features and clearly, it must stand out to be a model, but for me, its person in itself reminds me of any IG model and not because of its work, but because of its appearance that you now see in any iG account with more than 100 followers.

I've said it before, she's overrated, but it does not bother me if she works for VS in some photos, her body is hot but that's it. And I can be completely wrong but I can not find something special in this girl.

2 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

Lorena does not even look like a model next to Grace and Barbara. I do not deny that it has nice features and clearly, it must stand out to be a model, but for me, its person in itself reminds me of any IG model and not because of its work, but because of its appearance that you now see in any iG account with more than 100 followers.

I've said it before, she's overrated, but it does not bother me if she works for VS in some photos, her body is hot but that's it. And I can be completely wrong but I can not find something special in this girl.

I'm honestly going to agree with this. While I do like her, the more I look at her work the more I realize that she needs a lot more experience and work to be a good Angel. 

I would love to see her as an Angel in teh future, but she needs to walk more shows (her walk is weak) and she needs to shoot more for VS. 

Wheter I like or not the angels they're getting right, we have to admit that this strategy is way better thatn announcing 10 angels all at once, that was a dumb move. Announcing them one by one  gets to the public in a better way.

As for Lorena, she does need more experience, I feel like it's too soon for her but with a little bit more of experience she could be a great angel.