Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

8 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Actually, Ming just celebrated her 30th birthday and Sui is still 29 (according to the almighty Internet).

Alexina is 29 for comparison.

MING IS OLDER THAN SUI?!? This is news to me...good god :hang: that girl is a perpetual teenager lol in a good way of course and I almost keep forgetting Alexina is damn near 30, that’s so tragic considering the way she acts. 

All that aside though, the idea of them being Angels is long gone I meant. VS would’ve AND should’ve made them Angels a while ago so I stopped clinging to that hope. If there will ever be an Asian Angel, wish I pray to God there will be, it’ll be someone fresh and new like Kelsey or someone who’s already been with the brand for a while like Kelly. While I don’t mind either of them, I personally would like a fully Asian Angel like Sui or Ming and not someone biracial imo but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose.

3 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

Sui is 32-34. 

2 minutes ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

MING IS OLDER THAN SUI?!? This is news to me...good god :hang: that girl is a perpetual teenager lol in a good way of course and I almost keep forgetting Alexina is damn near 30, that’s so tragic considering the way she acts. 

All that aside though, the idea of them being Angels is long gone I meant. VS would’ve AND should’ve made them Angels a while ago so I stopped clinging to that hope. If there will ever be an Asian Angel wish I pray to God there will be, it’ll be someone fresh and new like Kelsey or someone who’s already been with the brand for a while like Kelly. While I don’t mind either of them, I personally would like a fully Asian Angel like Sui or Ming and not someone biracial who’s mixed with white imo.

I was not present when they were born - I'm just googling stuffs. :)

Wikipedia:

Sui He (Chinese: 何穗; pinyin: Hé Suì, born September 23, 1989) is a Chinese model and actress. She was the first East Asian model to open a Ralph Lauren runway show and the second model of Chinese descent to walk in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.[1][4] Sui He also appeared on the cover of W magazine as a relative unknown.

Ming Xi or Xi Mengyao (simplified Chinese: 奚梦瑶; traditional Chinese: 奚夢瑤; born 8 March 1989) is a Chinese model. Her professional modeling career started in 2009 after she attended a TV competition. Her international modeling career took off in 2011 after she walked her first well-known runway debut for Givenchy Haute Spring Show. In the same year, Ming Xi modeled the Givenchy ready-to-wear collection and appeared as the face of Givenchy’s Fall/Winter publicity advertising campaign. Ming Xi also modeled for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2013.

IMDB:

Sui He is best known for her work as a Victoria's Secret and Shiseido fashion model. She appeared in five Victoria's Secret Fashion shows from 2011 through 2015. Sui He has been a face of Shiseido since 2012. She has appeared on the cover or has been featured in many international fashion magazines including Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Allure, Harper's Bazaar, Glass, V and W among others. Sui He has consistently been listed on top model lists at model.com since her breakthrough in 2011. She was born on September 23, 1989 in Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China. She was discovered when she won a local model contest at the age seventeen and signed with an agency soon after.

Ming Xi was born in Shanghai and studied acting and fashion design at Shanghai Donghua University graduating in 2007. Her modeling career took off after being nominated as one of the 15 finalists for Elite Model Look eventually launching her into stardom as one of the world's top supermodels. After a number of Chinese TV shows, her acting career began to take off in 2016 when she appeared in the feature, Warrior's Gate produced by the legendary French director Luc Besson. 

Born March 8, 1989 in Shanghai, China

Darlings, for the first time in a long time I went into the VS store and saw all of these items and they all looked incredibly cheap...especially the ones with the rhinestones. The scorpio one is quite uncomfortable(the fabric) and I can only imagine what it feels like against the titty but it was the only decent one. Aries/Taurus women deserve better.

1 hour ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

who is arguing about skin tones? lol there’s obviously and visibly a clear difference in skintone amongst Selita, Chanel and Leomie. A dark skinned girl or model doesn’t get the same treatment as a light skinned one, it’s common sense and a dark skinned girl will most likely see herself in someone like Leomie than someone like Chanel who’s light and mixed-race. If you’re so pressed about it, complain about why Alexina was made an Angel since she was hired solely for her hair color if we’re being honest. Diversity doesn’t mean different hair colors.

I'm sorry, and as much as I don't want to, I'm just gonna say it. This is just fucking dumb. Are you telling me models like Selita, Chanel or hell, even Tyra isn't representative or impactful enough just cause they're light skinned? You talk about diversity but you wanna split black/brown women into lighter or darker skin tone. Chanel might be part Korean, but she's just as any part black than any other models. Selita Ebanks is of African descent but you're going to imply she means less just cause she's lighter in skin tone? What the actual fuck, mate? As if these women woke up wanting to be lighter skin tone? 

But no, instead we talk about we need to have a model who needs to dark in skin tone. Are you forgetting Jasmine? Oh wait, is Jasmine not dark enough for you? Is Jasmine's work with VS not significant enough that you would disregard her and call her lighter skin tone? A black model is a black model, Chanel/Selita/Leomie/Tyra/Jasmine are all blacks regardless of whatever color spectrum they fall under. They walked shows and made history, and you're here complaining about the variation of the skin tone? Not today. You do not get to play the race card today. 

This isn't about Ming or Sui not being good enough to be Asian Angels. This is about how VS had a good 9-10 years since Liu Wen's casting at 2009 to find an Asian that would be a good face for the brand and yet still can't find anyone. Hell, who cares about Ming or Sui at this point? Pick an Asian models off the streets like Jessie Li and cast her and I bet you that screams more diversity than Leomie Anderson at this point because VS has never had an Asian angel. But nooo, here we are, talking about how it matters to have a dark or lighter skin tone black model, while creating an unnecessary caste within an ethnicity that's faced enough adversity as it is. Why would you even think to talk about the variation of skin color if you're all about diversity? Bloody hell, you root and be happy for a model of color when she gets made an angel because its a win for everyone. But you know who else could use that win better now? That's right, the Asians. Oh wait let me phrase it in your weird logic. But Chanel is part Korean, we techically have an Asian representative already.

Or maybe... Ming is Chinese enough, but wait, we need Sui cause she pale white AF. See how stupid that sounds? Let's just all admit VS made a ballsy move and the most major publicity surrounding Leomie is that she's another model of color. Y'all touchy as fuck whenever a model of color gets mentioned but look at people talking about "model of color this" and "model of color that". The topic about color will inevitably come into the spotlight. This ain't about Leomie's personal success too. I have nothing against the model and I'm excited to see what she brings to the table but let's be real about the fact that we could use an Asian, because VS' Asian Market is huge and nominating Leomie as an angel is a big slap to Asian consumers. 

Not today, son. You do not get to play the race card today. 

2 hours ago, ivancica said:

Actually, Ming just celebrated her 30th birthday and Sui is still 29 (according to the almighty Internet).

Alexina is 29 for comparison.

They’re Asian though, which means they’re going to look 29 for the next 8 years

Edited by Corner

26 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

I'm sorry, and as much as I don't want to, I'm just gonna say it. This is just fucking dumb. Are you telling me models like Selita, Chanel or hell, even Tyra isn't representative or impactful enough just cause they're light skinned? You talk about diversity but you wanna split black/brown women into lighter or darker skin tone. Chanel might be part Korean, but she's just as any part black than any other models. Selita Ebanks is of African descent but you're going to imply she means less just cause she's lighter in skin tone? What the actual fuck, mate? As if these women woke up wanting to be lighter skin tone? 

But no, instead we talk about we need to have a model who needs to dark in skin tone. Are you forgetting Jasmine? Oh wait, is Jasmine not dark enough for you? Is Jasmine's work with VS not significant enough that you would disregard her and call her lighter skin tone? A black model is a black model, Chanel/Selita/Leomie/Tyra/Jasmine are all blacks regardless of whatever color spectrum they fall under. They walked shows and made history, and you're here complaining about the variation of the skin tone? Not today. You do not get to play the race card today. 

This isn't about Ming or Sui not being good enough to be Asian Angels. This is about how VS had a good 9-10 years since Liu Wen's casting at 2009 to find an Asian that would be a good face for the brand and yet still can't find anyone. Hell, who cares about Ming or Sui at this point? Pick an Asian models off the streets like Jessie Li and cast her and I bet you that screams more diversity than Leomie Anderson at this point because VS has never had an Asian angel. But nooo, here we are, talking about how it matters to have a dark or lighter skin tone black model, while creating an unnecessary caste within an ethnicity that's faced enough adversity as it is. Why would you even think to talk about the variation of skin color if you're all about diversity? Bloody hell, you root and be happy for a model of color when she gets made an angel because its a win for everyone. But you know who else could use that win better now? That's right, the Asians. Oh wait let me phrase it in your weird logic. But Chanel is part Korean, we techically have an Asian representative already.

Or maybe... Ming is Chinese enough, but wait, we need Sui cause she pale white AF. See how stupid that sounds? Let's just all admit VS made a ballsy move and the most major publicity surrounding Leomie is that she's another model of color. Y'all touchy as fuck whenever a model of color gets mentioned but look at people talking about "model of color this" and "model of color that". The topic about color will inevitably come into the spotlight. This ain't about Leomie's personal success too. I have nothing against the model and I'm excited to see what she brings to the table but let's be real about the fact that we could use an Asian, because VS' Asian Market is huge and nominating Leomie as an angel is a big slap to Asian consumers. 

Not today, son. You do not get to play the race card today. 

Tbh I didn’t read a damn thing you just said but go off sis? I guess lmao 

BE8E761A-27DD-4ECA-813C-1EE207B97E54.gif

Don't blame VS because the Asian models didn't like the figures being presented for them contracts. Blame the Asian models. Money was more important than representation but "self-worth" I guess. 

According to my super secretive source no one cares about because it is not accompanied with links.

You all complain about no Asian,

but are okay with No latinas or middle eastern models. Latina models are hot especially the Colombian Daniela Lopez, Carla Ossa, Catalina Otalvaro, Sara Orrego, Karen Carreño, etc. Israelí women are very beautiful too Shlomit malka, yael shelbia, bar refaeli, esti ginzburg, etc.

47 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

And we're backing away from the subject of race in a thread dedicated to panty pushing and taking it to PM, k, thanks.

I didn't type this up to make myself happy BTW....

The subject of race always causes way too much tension around these parts so we gonna nip this in the bud before it turns into something that requires thread cleaning.  If you'd like to continue the subject by all means just start a big ole group PM and chow chow back and forth till your little hearts content.

Final warning, then posts will be cleaned. If it continues on past that, warnings will be handed out.