Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

9 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I missed her in the vid, I was thinking 🤔 “so that’s what it was like dropping acid and watching The Price Is Right”

LOL :rofl:

I wonder when we'll see Barbara doing an event. It doesn't seem like VS does as many anymore. I hope she does something with Swim but she probably wont. 

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

Yall thinking the girls are making 100K a year are hilarious and not even close to reality :rofl: 

Obviously, I only put it as an example because that was the amount they were talking about on the previous pages.:rofl:
But my point still stands, no matter the amount it is at the start, that number goes up if you sell well and are well accepted among the public. Also, the number of followers doesn't matter neither does how many waves you do on social media, that doesn't define how well you sell. Example: Candle Jenner.

I know you did sis, but some people seem to truly think they make just 100K a year :rofl: and I agree about social media not being a good sign of how well you sell, Kendull has been dropped by brands literally for not selling well. I've been saying this for ages! Social media models are good to promote your brand for tweens, problem is, they can't afford the said products for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I think VS is already making Barbara lose weight...:( she looks very thin at this event,  I almost didn’t recognize her

902250AE-DF5A-492B-8266-2086A0BFB948.jpeg BB8289A0-91A6-4DD6-9997-3A3DA2D796BC.jpeg D5F47FF9-D5A2-4562-837B-60362107E788.jpeg

I been watching her measurements reduce over the past year on IMG and she has been starting to lose weight before the angel contract and show.

19 hours ago, BenByunghun said:

For me its that $100k just doesn't add up. Let's say an Angel gets paid 100k and has to work around 50 days (events, promo, shooting etc), I know its variable etc this is just an example. That would mean they were getting a day rate of 2k. Which is so low it is laughable so I call bullshit, none of these models would have such a low day rate period simply for the reason they are signed with agencies in these markets which would have higher day rates by default. I mean I live in Dallas, our local agency models have day rates in that range even in our small market usually starting around $1,200, NY, London, Western Europe day rates will be much higher by default simply because of the market. 

I know you can say well exposure and lump sum, but I still don't buy it. There are a decent number of local male and female models in the DFW area who can make good money $50k-$80k or so a year. I think this forum has somehow manage to overestimate how much models make while simultaneously underestimate them... we either focus on the ones that are multi millionaires or the poor ones walking 50 shows for a pair of pants and a wedgie and ignore the giant ass gap in the middle all those mid to high six figures models.

Just because a model may not be in demand doesn't mean they start bargain binning her day rate. You ain't getting as summer blowout special on Julia Stegner's day rate just because she isn't as in demand as she was 10 years ago. Someone like Constance Jablonski with a day rate well north of $20k isn't going to think twice about a contract that effectively pays her a tenth or fifth of her day rate. 

Lol I just saw @Fashionfreak1 said in 1 sentence what I took a billion to try to say....

If you’re flabbergasted at how a VS model can make so little when there are day gigs out there that pay more than what they make per day under a VS contract, guess what—you’re not alone.  A lot of VS angels who left the company felt the exact same way, even back in the 2000's and early 2010's.  Angels like Gisele, Miranda, Doutzen, and Karlie left because of the time-to-money issue; they could get way better pay for far fewer number of hours elsewhere.  Miranda had even publicly stated that VS required a minimum X number of days working for them under a contract with Y salary, and that this ended up being a very heavy commitment for her, given the opportunities elsewhere.  Karlie and Doutzen both left because they had gigs that could pay better for far less work.

Nobody in their right mind is going to reveal their exact salary, so the salary ballpark for the angel contract is a guestimate at best, but rumors have certainly persisted and circulated over the years.  At its height, the angel contract was a multi-million dollar deal, with some pegging it at around 4-5 million (the high estimate) for Gisele.   By the next generation of angels the salary had already began dwindling down, with Miranda’s contract reported to be in the 1 million range.  Since then, we all know that the number of angels has exploded from 4-5 at a time to now 15+, that the star power of the models has also gone down, combined with the financial issues. 

The current angel contract is said to sit in the six figures.  100K is an entry number that has frequently circulated in the rumor mill as the starting/low-end value.  https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/victorias-secret-angels-underpaid-doutzen-kroes-karlie-kloss  I do imagine that the number goes up with time with having worked with the company more.  Plus, there is the fact that even when the New Angels signed up, the models weren’t on equal footing to start out.  Some had worked with the company for years already like Lais and Elsa, while others like Kate G and Jac were more or less ignored and quickly lost their contracts.  With a low of 100k or even a higher contract closer to 1 million, I’d still say that a salary like that isn’t that great or impressive for 2019.  In this day and age, even a good Youtube vlogger or influencer can easily make hundreds of thousands, with a lot of them easily going into the millions per year.  Hell, I have relatives who are nobodies working in the medical field making 300-500k annually.    

I completely agree with @Fashionfreak1.  For 2019, VS is a solid goal if you’re a nobody in modeling, a downgrade if you’re an A-list or an established model, and just so-so for those with potential like Taylor or Grace.  Like them or not, the current A-List models in terms of bankability are the social media and the nepo girls.  I don’t think Kendall Jenner is traditional model material or even beautiful, nor do I think that she would ever fit with VS or be able to sell well for them, but she has current endorsements with Adidas, Calvin Klein, Estee Lauder, Proactiv, etc…, and the millions generated from those mega contracts is more than all of the VS contract salaries combined.   

4 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

The only thing that Taylor did to her face was grow up and lose her baby fat. 

Exactly! So tired of these Instagram using pictures of someone at 13/14 and comparing to 22/23 etc! Your face changes so much with time! 

BZ members still believe that Elsa has done nothing to her face and her lips so it really doesn't matter. Hell, people still think Kylie's lips are real and it is all puberty. Whatever makes these girls feel better and more confident they are allowed to do it...Just do not claim to be natural or claim you love your body with fake body positivity statements...while photoshopping it every chance you get. So who cares.

There is another angle on Google with her thinner lips but Taylor literally does nothing to no one so I do not care to post it...She doesn't even cover up her acne scars and dark eye circles..LOL...FURTHERMORE, puberty does not equal bigger lips. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stop acting like these girls don't get surgeries in the pre-teens and teen years.