Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

This is in Lorena’s tagged pictures. She hides almost all her tagged pictures unless they come from the photographers or VS photos. She’s either giving us a huge hint wanting this confession showing, or doing some Power of Positive Thinking™️ juju. 

23 hours ago, Clauds said:

Anna is not perfect for VS, the general public will most likely find her odd looking like they do with most of HF darlings and Anna rarely does lingerie shoots which is probably why she hasn't come anywhere near VS. Imaan has actually done VS both the show and catalogs, and still, you're not realizing that most of HF campaigns don't pay the girls unless a famous name that will bring press, this has been said multiple times by multiple models, fragrances are an exception and they usually qualify under beauty contracts which as mentioned are also lots of $$. VS (and other brands like H&M) pay in the thousands per shoot. Walking the show alone brings a shit ton of attention, why do you think even the most HF girls bother to attend the casting?

VS is obviously a restrictive and very demanding gig which is why some models turn it down, obviously not all the models have the same aspirations and career goals but commercial brands is usually where the cash is.

Imaani walked in VS and has never gone back neither have most of the top models in the game. There is no incentive bar the insta models who they hire for publicity. 

Yes thjs is true for no name average models in the industry, but big named hf models will definitely outperform these girls. You think prada can have Liu wen in a campaign and pay her in clothes????? They do VS as a side thing once a year because it pays well but a VS contract is no longer lucrative enough to score supermodels. Why do you think the big names left? 

5 minutes ago, wintery said:

I really like Lorena but I don't want her as an angel just yet, I want her to grow more and be more model-y (and not so ig model at least with how the people refer to her)

I agree completely. I don't think she's mature enough yet but I really do like her. 

Love it or hate it, the only new contracts that could save VS from drowning would be A class names, just like Kaia Berger, Irina or the Hadids. At this point, no one care enough to learn the names of the angels, no matter how gorgeous Lorena is, for instance. Barbara was an excelent choice, but none of the others bring anything exciting 

6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Love it or hate it, the only new contracts that could save VS from drowning would be A class names, 

This!! Barbara is the only good choice and bar Taylor hill who just doesn’t put enough effort into making herself a huge star, maybe at a stretch Stella abd hosk who’s extraness irritates people none of the other newbies have star status 

On 3/26/2019 at 5:40 AM, Corner said:

The point is, it is universally accepted that VS isn’t where it once was and that includes not offering mega contracts like 10 years ago. That however doesn’t mean that the angels are receiving peanuts for salary. Most of them are satisfied with it enough to know that it is an easy way to make money and it’s a job you can do for years.

I also very much doubt that Kaia makes as much as the angels or the people you grouped her with.

I also have to disagree with hf success opening doors for commercial gigs. I mean to some extent it’s true but Gigi, Bella, Irina’s success in high fashion is solely because they were popular commercial models and it was then that high fashion realized that using girls that have mainstream popularity/Instagram numbers would be good for brand visibility/marketing. That’s literally the only reason Kendall and Gigi are everywhere today. And why Kate Upton was booking covers like Vogue Italia

Karlie was a high fashion darling and she was very successful in that area but the general public didn’t know who she was. Her real commercial  success came when she signed with VS (and of course friended Taylor Swift).

There are a lot of successful high fashion model who still haven’t transitioned to the commercial world, at least not successfully.

See someone like, Freja or Edie Campbell 

I definitely disagree that high fashion doesn’t have impact on commercial success.  My friend works for a modeling agency and says that runway or print work with HF are absolute core goals that even fledgling models need to aim for.  Runways (which belong to the domain of HF) are a fundamental part of any elite modeling portfolio.  And a good number of fashion models get their foot in the door by landing spots in non/low-paying runways, which in turn can get them noticed or give them exposure to other things that can lead to even more success or money.      

It’s a fact that VS itself often assesses a model’s prior work before choosing who gets to work with them.  Some angels like Karlie, Jac, or regular models like Liu Wen made waves on the HF runway first, which in turn flagged VS’s attention.   The relationship between commercial and HF is neither mutually exclusive nor just a one-way street, one can influence the other and vice versa.   

I wouldn’t categorize Kendall, Gigi, Bella, or Kaia as commercial models that have gone into HF.  They are social media and nepo models.  Kaia’s career has barely started (she’s currently an underage 17-year old), but from all the signs out there, she’s the next big in the modeling world.  It’ll only be a matter of time before the money starts rolling in.    

While it’s easy to say that HF models might never make it big, the same can hold true (if not more so) for a model working under the commercial route.  In fact, there are countless everyday-looking “commercial models” out there who struggle to keep their career going after a few gigs with Hanes, some household product, or whatever work they did for a 30-second forgettable TV ad.  The commercial path can actually produce an even larger and more depressing pool of nobodys. (Think of all those faces you have seen in TV ads, everyday products, etc..—those are "commercial models").

Signing a VS contract might get an angel $100K and exposure, but you can’t deny that increasingly there’s a taint in being associated with VS.  They are dealing with some serious problems in terms of both the branding/image and the finances.  Anybody who’s been following investments and their stock prices knows they are knee-deep in yellow/red flag territory.

Alexina just doesn't have the face, body and personality for VS. There's nothing to do with ehr hair colour, lol. Cinthia Dicker should have been the first red heaird angel years ago...

I can totally imagine A VS Angel line up lead by Barbara, Romee and Taylor.