Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

4 minutes ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

These girls easily make more than VS if they books few top campaigns a season. Why do you think girls like imaan and anna  who are perfect for VS have no interest? It’s restrictive and the money’s not good enough. They’ll make The same amount doing a few perfume frangrance shoots. Whereas someone like Martha hunt who gets little to no work outside the pittance of VS makes nothing. It’s no longer an aspirational gig to successful models because it’s not worth it. Those who are barely known yes or very commercial like Barbara but grace will be an anomaly if she takes it especially that cheap

Imaan did VS.

1 minute ago, Fashionfreak1 said:

These girls easily make more than VS if they books few top campaigns a season. Why do you think girls like imaan and anna  who are perfect for VS have no interest? It’s restrictive and the money’s not good enough. They’ll make The same amount doing a few perfume frangrance shoots. Whereas someone like Martha hunt who gets little to no work outside the pittance of VS makes nothing. It’s no longer an aspirational gig to successful models because it’s not worth it. Those who are barely known yes or very commercial like Barbara but grace will be an anomaly if she takes it especially that cheap

Anna is not perfect for VS, the general public will most likely find her odd looking like they do with most of HF darlings and Anna rarely does lingerie shoots which is probably why she hasn't come anywhere near VS. Imaan has actually done VS both the show and catalogs, and still, you're not realizing that most of HF campaigns don't pay the girls unless a famous name that will bring press, this has been said multiple times by multiple models, fragrances are an exception and they usually qualify under beauty contracts which as mentioned are also lots of $$. VS (and other brands like H&M) pay in the thousands per shoot. Walking the show alone brings a shit ton of attention, why do you think even the most HF girls bother to attend the casting?

VS is obviously a restrictive and very demanding gig which is why some models turn it down, obviously not all the models have the same aspirations and career goals but commercial brands is usually where the cash is.

It's not a perception when models themselves say it, and I'm pretty sure they are the ones who know better but feel free to believe whatever you want :idk:

Literally a bunch of articles about this, this is just the first page of google

On the surface, free luxury merchandise sounds like a pretty sweet deal. But it’s not that simple. The clothes have often been the only way models are paid for their professional services. Insiders call this form of payment “trade,” and it’s leading some models down a path of debt, forcing some to hawk the clothes on eBay and in consignment shops to recover the cash.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/many-models-get-paid-in-clothes-not-cash-but-that-might-be-changing

But the median yearly wage for models in the United States, based on 2012 census data, is a mere $18,750, and fashion’s main event is unlikely to contribute much to that balance. Hundreds of relatively unknown models will fly to New York hoping to book a coveted spot in a runway show, which can pay $250 to $1,000, depending on the show and the model — a stipend that’s likely to cover what the model spent on travel and accommodations. Some Fashion Week hopefuls won’t walk in any shows,  and others will end up in the red, even after walking in several shows.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/chi-new-york-fashion-week-models-coco-rocha-20150211-story.html

Q: How much money do models get paid per show?
A: Anywhere from $0 to $20,000 or more; it just depends on the model and the show. Supermodels like Karlie Kloss and Gisele Bundchen can make thousands of dollars walking in shows for brands like Chanel or Dior, and there are rumors about models making much much more, especially when walking in the show is part of a larger contract with that brand or if they are on exclusive (only walking for one designer that season). Less established models, on the other hand, often make next to nothing. Usually these models are working on smaller shows, for designers who do not have the budgets to pay them in cash and must instead pay them in trade, which really sucks if the model doesn't actually like the clothes.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/advice/a20309/fashion-q-and-a-fashion-week/

"My agent definitely does all she can to get me the most money possible," Rose says. But basically, her jobs outside of Fashion Week are usually the ones that pay best — especially work for online stores, which have provided some of her biggest paychecks this past year. 

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2013/02/43169/how-much-money-do-models-make

And these are all post 2010 and I doubt much has changed recently. Big name model = Big paycheck, Small name = Small (or no) paycheck

Just from my cousin, who is a (male) model, so it may be different. He says (as do some of his more visible friends) that they do HF to get into commercial work, and in particular brands such as H&M, Next, Marks & Spencer and the local varieties in each European country, all pay much much better than any HF except fragrance or some high end men’s cosmetics.

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

It's not a perception when models themselves say it, and I'm pretty sure they are the ones who know better but feel free to believe whatever you want :idk:

Literally a bunch of articles about this, this is just the first page of google

https://www.thedailybeast.com/many-models-get-paid-in-clothes-not-cash-but-that-might-be-changing

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/chi-new-york-fashion-week-models-coco-rocha-20150211-story.html

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/fashion/advice/a20309/fashion-q-and-a-fashion-week/

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2013/02/43169/how-much-money-do-models-make

And these are all post 2010 and I doubt much has changed recently. Big name model = Big paycheck, Small name = Small (or no) paycheck

Imagine being a member on BZ and people still have to educate you on basics about the fashion industry like this.

Clauds is such a charitable queen. 👑♥️

3 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

Anyone who does not agree is always a troll in y'all eyes.

Not at all. People can disagree but you ask for receipts and Clauds gave you multiple examples to support what she was saying and all you can do is repeat the same thing over and over or post gifs. Troll. 

Just now, jessicanicole said:

Not at all. People can disagree but you ask for receipts and Clauds gave you multiple examples to support what she was saying and all you can do is repeat the same thing over and over or post gifs. Troll. 

I never read any of her posts and never will. Besides I am not going to argue with an avatar. Are you crazy? I can put my energy into something else like I am doing right now..... There are no name models making 6 figures in hf/commercial campaigns so many of your links and whatever else is irrelevant because none of you(except a few) are models and don't have access to their paychecks/invoices to make any claims. 

8 minutes ago, jessicanicole said:

Point proven. 

Basically :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Jaku84 said:

Just from my cousin, who is a (male) model, so it may be different. He says (as do some of his more visible friends) that they do HF to get into commercial work, and in particular brands such as H&M, Next, Marks & Spencer and the local varieties in each European country, all pay much much better than any HF except fragrance or some high end men’s cosmetics.

This is the same I've heard as well :) I'm not sure about other brands but H&M and M&S I heard pay in the thousands for a single shoot and they are usually in very convenient locations and short shoots with a regular staff the models know. Meanwhile an editorial will pay a small amount and require long flights, long hours and not necessarily great working conditions. 

58 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

You know what...I apologize for anyone who was offended by my posts on Bellazon and if you felt disrespected by my actions and words displayed within the past few hours. It does not need to be accepted but as long as I put it out there..it is released.

It's not offensive. It's just boring all that spam 🙄