Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

15 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Let’s play a fun game here. :D 

Who do y’all see as the next hbic when Candace and Behati are finally history? (If they leave before VSFS19)

I know the obvious one would be Elsa, if she stays around. But if she doesn’t... who would be the next hbic. 

Honestly...none of them really. I think Lais has the most potential/personality for it but she’ll never reach the levels of recognition that Candice and Bee have. Taylor doesn’t seem like she’s interested in being That Bitch and she seems content to just do her job and then go to Colorado with her dog. None of the other girls have that spark to me. 

Edit: I take it back. With the addition of Barbara, she’s probably going to end up top dog. I’ve never been a huge fan of hers, but she’s already got it all going for her. Celeb boyfriend a la Behati, rabid fan base a la Candice. :rofl: But seriously, she’s the only girl in the group that has a sort of celebrity, she’s young enough to grow and build a place in the brand, and she has recognition outside of VS(SI, Armani, etc).

39 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Who do y’all see as the next hbic when Candace and Behati are finally history? (If they leave before VSFS19)

I know the obvious one would be Elsa, if she stays around. But if she doesn’t... who would be the next hbic. 

I think it could be Taylor after a few more years to gain more confidence as a spokesperson. 

I also think it could go with Martha. Love her or hate her, she’s almost everything needed for the position. 

(Don’t mind me, I’m bored and I’m thinking shit up)

VS better add one more 0 in Taylor’s salary before she leaves because she’s the best thing going on for them rn (which isn’t saying much— I’ll never get over her lifeless walk)

They won the lottery by signing Barbara but I don’t know how much she can do for them. Their aesthetic of catering to teens has tremendously cheapen their brand and if they don’t start hiring models with unique physical and personality defining characteristics, their ship will continue sinking.

Candice was on track to being their mega star but she just stopped growing at some point somehow. Lais, Elsa and Jasmine are cute but they’ve already peaked. What’s the point of Stella? Does she have dirt on someone at VS?

i love Martha but I forget about her most of the time.

I think they should keep Romee. She has that perfecf blonde Barbie thing going on for her and if they actually hired a model who contrasts and complements her look, they’d have a much more successful lineup.

Hire a model like Duckie who is a total beauty and standout in every way, at least one Asian model and someone who has a bit of curves.

Change your formula and make it sexy instead of cutesy and things will start getting better. I honestly don’t understand  how in this age (where Instagram is basically there to provide free statistics in the form of likes and comments) VS is still so out of touch.

i guess that’s what happens when stubborn old people are running a company in 2019.

At least my fave freed herself from all this 😂

Alexina being hired as angel just sums up the state of the company. Absolute shambles. Who cares if she potentially sells to old people, I’m sure there’s plenty of models who can sell to old people from their site, doesn’t mean they need to be an angel. Angels should be able to appeal to masses of people and should have the potential of being a star. Alexina is not a star and she doesn’t appeal to the masses. End of. Their inability to listen to what people want, yes even the people on Instagram and twitter (those are real voices), is one of the many reasons they keep on tanking. Horrible decision. 

Also at this point Barbara is doing VS more of a favor than anything. This is just another check and a childhood dream fulfilled for her. She doesn’t need them at all. 

30 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Alexina being hired as angel just sums up the state of the company. Absolute shambles. Who cares if she potentially sells to old people, I’m sure there’s plenty of models who can sell to old people from their site, doesn’t mean they need to be an angel. Angels should be able to appeal to masses of people and should have the potential of being a star. Alexina is not a star and she doesn’t appeal to the masses. End of. Their inability to listen to what people want, yes even the people on Instagram and twitter (those are real voices), is one of the many reasons they keep on tanking. Horrible decision. 

Also at this point Barbara is doing VS more of a favor than anything. This is just another check and a childhood dream fulfilled for her. She doesn’t need them at all. 

Alexina isn’t going to sell to old people because she’s not old, she doesn’t look old, and some of the Angels are older than her. I think people bring up her age a lot because she acts like an 17 year old.

Does she have an angel contract? If so, I guess it’s VS’ answer to diversity 

2 hours ago, Corner said:

VS better add one more 0 in Taylor’s salary before she leaves because she’s the best thing going on for them rn (which isn’t saying much— I’ll never get over her lifeless walk)

They won the lottery by signing Barbara but I don’t know how much she can do for them. Their aesthetic of catering to teens has tremendously cheapen their brand and if they don’t start hiring models with unique physical and personality defining characteristics, their ship will continue sinking.

Candice was on track to being their mega star but she just stopped growing at some point somehow. Lais, Elsa and Jasmine are cute but they’ve already peaked. What’s the point of Stella? Does she have dirt on someone at VS?

i love Martha but I forget about her most of the time.

I think they should keep Romee. She has that perfecf blonde Barbie thing going on for her and if they actually hired a model who contrasts and complements her look, they’d have a much more successful lineup.

Hire a model like Duckie who is a total beauty and standout in every way, at least one Asian model and someone who has a bit of curves.

Change your formula and make it sexy instead of cutesy and things will start getting better. I honestly don’t understand  how in this age (where Instagram is basically there to provide free statistics in the form of likes and comments) VS is still so out of touch.

i guess that’s what happens when stubborn old people are running a company in 2019.

At least my fave freed herself from all this 😂

The only two models working for VS right now that can generate significant buzz in the modeling world outside of VS is Taylor and Grace.  I personally love Taylor; her face reminds me of a modern Audrey Hepburn and she has a very down-to-earth personality.  Grace reminds me of Jessica Biel, and has a very solid HF career, and VS would be smart to sign her up. 

Barbara has a very strong fan base, but her curvy body means that she will probably have mixed success outside of VS.  High Fashion still likes their models very (disturbingly) thin, but the Babs can still make successful inroads by selling her very striking face and appealing to a different body aesthetic.  I'm not a fan of Alexina, but I don't hate her either.  Yes, her personality can be a bit much, but in her printwork, I can see how she could be a good seller for VS.  The amount of hate comments that she gets is kind of nauseating.  You would've thought she killed somebody's momma, instead of just accepting a VS contract.

I'll be kinda sad if Bee leaves before getting a Fantasy Bra, but it looks like both her and Candice are inching towards the ledge.  I agree that Candice's career lost steam, but then again she never really had the refined facial definition to move it really big outside of VS.  Most of the New Angels don't either.  

Over the last 5 years, VS has been very reluctant to cut Angels, which makes the lineup far less selective and prestigious than it used to be.  I think it was a huge mistake to take on a whole bunch of them at once, starting with the New Angels and now with this generation.  They had a better formula in the years before when they paced themselves, choosing and grooming a few at a time every so often and axing as necessary.   But VS seems to want its Angels selected in generations now.

3 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I think it could be Taylor after a few more years to gain more confidence as a spokesperson. 

I also think it could go with Martha. Love her or hate her, she’s almost everything needed for the position. 

(Don’t mind me, I’m bored and I’m thinking shit up)

Barbara and Taylor if they both stay long enough. Barbara is already going to be a frontrunner Angel because she's so popular and well received and she had that same reaction the firs time around like what 6-7 years ago? thats quite a span to have a comeback and have such a STRONG comeback. GO BARBARA!

and Taylor still needs to grow more into herself but if she can manage that and become more of a woman than a girl (shes still young though) she will be with Barbara. 

And I think Martha will remain and Angel for a while and get good stuff, but she just doesn't do it for at all so I can't see her asa big time Angel, but that's just me. 

“Being an angel is part of that media outreach so that I can say to young red head kids “you can do anything you want! Nothing is impossible!”

This woman genuinely thinks she’s oppressed because of her hair colour. I can’t deal with this nonsense. :rofl: Literally no one is telling kids they can’t achieve shit because of their hair colour. 

22728AAD-CCEB-4391-898B-3A799D5FD37D.jpeg

I cringe every time I see VS using the word empowerment in their campaigns. Who exactly are they kidding? I am honestly starting to suspect they are trolling people because they are annoyed by all the demands for diversity. You want diversity? We will empower... drum-roll... the gingers! This isn't to say that they don't suffer discrimination at all but when your company is constantly under fire for lack of diversity focusing on this particular issue seems incredibly tone-deaf.

Friendship test with Barbara and Alexina, rather than Barbara and Stella? Obviously VS is dropping Stella any day now. :D

3 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Alexina genuinely does. She truly thinks she was so hard done by because of her hair colour. 

She's right. I don't criticize anyone here but there are many hypocrites who claim diversity in front, but who finally scream and regret the old time so exclusionary. If Alexina is so hated is that she is different in her physique and personality.
Of course a redhead girl poses a problem to a lot of people, it exists it's hypocrites to deny it.

Even here it's a lot of personal attack quite unfair on his personality ... There may be other things more shameful behind the anger of some even here.