Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 minute ago, Syria said:

Chanel was definitely not popular. Also Karlie's anouncement was very bad received I remember, she was very thin back then and it came right after Miranda was dropped so people were mad.

yeah I loooooved Karlie in high fashion (not anymore though) but HATED her in VS. She was ok in teh VSFS, but not for catalogue and certainly not for an Angel. 

and awe Lily really is out...that's sad, she was one of my favorites. 

no Lily  and now we have to deal with Alexina :cry2:

@toodarnhot oh my. what a difference in numbers. 

Barbara is really the model who have been chosen, I am so happy VS recognized that. 

I wonder what VS thinks about the comments about Alexina. this reminds me of Chanel (who I thought was cute for PINK) all over again. 

Wow :rofl: just the fact that they don't care at all what people think says everything about VS. I mean what good signing someone who's not liked can do to your brand? They're either out of touch with reality or sabotaging the brand on purpose.

5 minutes ago, bump said:

yeah I loooooved Karlie in high fashion (not anymore though) but HATED her in VS. She was ok in teh VSFS, but not for catalogue and certainly not for an Angel

I love Karlie, it was hard for me reading all those comments :rofl:

Just now, Syria said:

I love Karlie, it was hard for me reading all those comments :rofl:

Did you like her for VS as well as HF? I think she was adorable for VS...but I don't want cute and adorable. She is a fantastic model, one of the best working today but I want her to just do teh VSFS (she did wonderful in the Punk section last year) and that's it. Her Swim pictures for VS were cute and happy and I did like those. 

People hated Karlie?!? My fate in humanity took yet another hit.

Can you imagine the shitshow if she were to return? There would be lots of whining about her husband and Donal Trump plus tons of posts from idiots convinced she is secretly dating Taylor Swift, it would be glorious. :)

3 minutes ago, bump said:

Did you like her for VS as well as HF? I think she was adorable for VS...but I don't want cute and adorable. She is a fantastic model, one of the best working today but I want her to just do teh VSFS (she did wonderful in the Punk section last year) and that's it. Her Swim pictures for VS were cute and happy and I did like those. 

I liked Karlie for whatever, her only flaw with VS was that she was super thin when she was signed. Now she looks amazing.

As for the Taylor Swift thing, Karlie still benefits from it. Taylor's fans adopted her and love her, that can't be a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

I don't know but Karlie for the Heavenly Fragrance was one of the best things VS has done in the past years

Indeed.

9 minutes ago, Syria said:

As for the Taylor Swift thing, Karlie still benefits from it. Taylor's fans adopted her and love her, that can't be a bad thing. 

True, it's the shippers who are convinced that Karlie and Taylor are secretly dating that can be a bit crazy. :)

At this point let’s just go for 62 angels or something? I think some pictures of Alexina are good and I like that she’s a redhead... so good for her. Would she be my first choice for a new angel? No. Would she be my 987th? Maybe. Can’t blame her for seizing the opportunity though. I hope they cut angel numbers though.

Yall are forgetting something, VS tracks sales through their website. They have been working consistently with Alexina, if they gave her a contract now it's probably because she's been doing what VS needs: sell bras and panties. Instagram comments are basically a bunch of 15 yo who won't buy VS because they can't afford it and yall give IG too much importance, Lais is the least followed Angel yet she's always in their website, why? Because she probably sells like crazy

Get real, do any of us the actual adult, people with actual money to buy at the store actually spend time commenting shit on instagram? 

E0B593EA-A561-438C-814B-327E4021122A.thumb.jpeg.dd3e2baa69fbfbc9e777debec61a480f.jpeg

👀

In all honesty, as much as I want Lo and Grace in the line up, I really don’t want them signed unless girls are leaving, and they need to get some new WOC in the line up. It’s honestly ridiculous that they have 13 some models and only 2 models of colour within that line up, especially given the fact that they have plenty of WOC that they’ve been working with. 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

E0B593EA-A561-438C-814B-327E4021122A.thumb.jpeg.dd3e2baa69fbfbc9e777debec61a480f.jpeg

👀

I just noticed this too 🤔 its interesting she only liked that one comment. I don't want Lorena to become an Angel right now, she needs to shake that insta model label VS fans have given her first. I think she needs to work a couple more years before VS fans would welcome her as an angel 

Grace should definitely be an Angel though, I really think they may have offered her a contract and she rejected it. 

VS definitely needs a more diverse Angel lineup though, Alexina being a red head isn't enough.. 

I know I personally don’t buy bras at VS because a certain model is wearing it. I would guess that’s true for a lot of other people too, especially considering the average person doesn’t pay much attention to the angels anyway. That’s not to say tracking isn’t important, but Instagram is important too despite how toxic it can be. 

1 minute ago, jessicanicole said:

I know I personally don’t buy bras at VS because a certain model is wearing it. I would guess that’s true for a lot of other people too, especially considering the average person doesn’t pay much attention to the angels anyway. That’s not to say tracking isn’t important, but Instagram is important too despite how toxic it can be. 

True, i don't really pay attention to the model's face when I buy things online, plus here in Sweden, they have various models using the same reference so it is like 4 models using the same bra with different angles. 

Agreed. I'm not paying attention to whatever model is previewing a product I want to check out. Although I have questioned VS putting Alexina in stuff that definitely clashes with her hair color and quickly leaving a product that I might have been interested in because the contrast is too much. 

As much as I gripe about not finding her angel material, I will concede that it'll be nice having Jo, Lais, Barbara, and Alexina showcasing how things look on a fuller chest. 

They have different models with all products, VS can track whose picture did you click on Josephine or Elsa? Lais or Stella? and so on, this why some models get dropped fast and hard because they are not moving products. I personally tend to buy whatever Lais wears because we have a very similar skin color or whatever model with a similar body type to mine they have because then I know how will suit me. 

And honestly Alexina is close to 500K on instagram anyway, which is pretty decent either way. 

19 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

👀

In all honesty, as much as I want Lo and Grace in the line up, I really don’t want them signed unless girls are leaving, and they need to get some new WOC in the line up. It’s honestly ridiculous that they have 13 some models and only 2 models of colour within that line up, especially given the fact that they have plenty of WOC that they’ve been working with. 

Being realistic, I think Lameka and Kelsey are the only WOC i think could join line up soon, I'd say Ming but i think the ship has sailed. No one else has been working for the brand enough, i think those two Lorena and Grace are the ones I can see getting contracted ... I feel like VS may actually be pushing for 20 angels