Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Just now, almanaotemcor said:

haha really I love Sara's face and her features. I do not know, his smile reminds me a little of Doutzen's, she looks charming.
God, you're right about Jas and the slightly fake expression. Jas's smile looks like those wax dolls with giant cheekbones, I do not know how to describe it ...

I never liked Doutzen's smile either and yes I do see how her smile reminds you of Sara, I see it too now that I think about it. Doutzen can look pretty at certain angels and I thought she was a great Angel, but there were some aspects of her face that I don't like.

Facially I don't like models such as: Alexina, Sara, Stella, Adriana, Alessandra, Martha, Devon W, Barbara F, Irina S, Gisele, Karolina K, Heidi, Emily R, Emily D, Lily D, Joan S, Kate G, Karlie, 

Facially I like models such as: Candice, Miranda, Romee, Jasmine, Barbara P, Lorena, Grace, Jourdan D, Behati (with mouth closed), Shanina S, Maggie Laine, Zuri, Gemma W, Rachael H, Elsa (before the sausage lips), Gigi (before the weight loss), Josie C, Josie M, Kate Moss, 

omg Jas's smile like a wax doll....yes! You are really good at describing things that I'm thinking but didn't realize I was thinking LOL

4 hours ago, bump said:

I never liked Doutzen's smile either

Blasphemy! ;)

Models with the best smile to me are Barbara Palvin, Lindsey, Stella (gorgeous smile but she smiles so rarely that it makes me sad), Kelly Gale, Doutzen, Ming, Georgia Fowler, Lauren de Graaf, Lorena, Behati (when she isn't trying too hard to be cute).

22 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Blasphemy! ;)

Models with the best smile to me are Barbara Palvin, Lindsey, Stella (gorgeous smile but she smiles so rarely that it makes me sad), Kelly Gale, Doutzen, Ming, Georgia Fowler, Lauren de Graaf, Lorena, Behati (when she isn't trying too hard to be cute).

Stella has a really nice smile but yes, i never see it. I don't care too much for her looks but her smile is beautiful. I had to look up pictures, but I found some where she's with Barbara and they're at a fancy event and Stella looks great because she's beaming and smiling so hard lol I love her friendship with Barbara!

I don't know who Lauren de Graff is, I'll have to look her up. Georgia Fowler, yes I agree with her smile being great! I didn't think of her when I made my list. She is really pretty. 

Yes, Barbara being nearby is a sure way of getting a smile out of Stella. Which is why it was disappointing that we didn't see even a glimpse of them together backstage in the VSFS . I understand that VS had cast a gazillion models for the show and had to fit everything into 42 minutes of screen time but still, I was disappointed. ;)

But we did see a lot of Georgia backstage, sure seemed like the director liked her more than the casting people who gave her only one look.

It's that time of the year again and how the mighty have fallen!

1. Kendall Jenner, Earnings: $22.5 million

2. Karlie Kloss, $13 million

3. (tie) Chrissy Teigen, $11.5 million

3. (tie) Rosie Huntington-Whitely, $11.5 million

5. (tie) Gisele Bundchen, $10 million

5. (tie) Cara Delevingne, $10 million

7. Gigi Hadid, $9.5 million

8. (tie) Bella Hadid, $8.5 million

8. (tie) Joan Smalls, $8.5 million

10. Doutzen Kroes, $8 million

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2018/12/13/highest-paid-models-2018-kendall-jenner-leads-with-22-5-million/

I mean let’s  be honest the first 6 girls don’t even make money just modeling! Also it’s pretty much an Img list. We all know this list are way far from truth! Also the list went from 20 to 10..the most surprising for me is Adriana being off of it! I guess the vs contract was most of her earnings? 

8 hours ago, Siemgi said:

It's that time of the year again and how the mighty have fallen!

1. Kendall Jenner, Earnings: $22.5 million

2. Karlie Kloss, $13 million

3. (tie) Chrissy Teigen, $11.5 million

3. (tie) Rosie Huntington-Whitely, $11.5 million

5. (tie) Gisele Bundchen, $10 million

5. (tie) Cara Delevingne, $10 million

7. Gigi Hadid, $9.5 million

8. (tie) Bella Hadid, $8.5 million

8. (tie) Joan Smalls, $8.5 million

10. Doutzen Kroes, $8 million

https://www.forbes.com/sites/natalierobehmed/2018/12/13/highest-paid-models-2018-kendall-jenner-leads-with-22-5-million/

For the first three (and some others) most of the money is not from modeling.

Adriana still had her VS contract for the referenced period. And Maybelline contract. But it seems this was not enough.

I don't think modeling agencies actually give out their models' salary numbers. Forbes has to send people in to do the research, and the list is a guestimate at best.

There seems to be a lot of surprises on that list, and Adriana does seem rather low.  But their cutoff dates are June 2017-June 2018, so she'll very likely jump back onto the list next year, since she had a slower first half in 2018, but picked up a slew of contracts in the second half of the year, including a huge deal with Puma.  The list and methodology still looks very questionable, but that's the nature of guestimates.

It really is the end of an era.  VS used to produce or be associated with a good number of the highest paid models in the industry, but that sadly doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  The highest paid ones are now ex-VS, a list which Adriana also joins.  Increasingly, the Forbes money list is being populated by Nepotism/connection girls,  models who can cross into entertainment/Hollywood/television, and social media/Instamodels.  I still do think there are a few younger VS angels with a good chance of joining that list and can be groomed over the coming years (eg. Taylor Hill, Grace if they officially sign her)     

Taken form the Forbes article: Estimates are sourced from interviews with numerous managers, agents, brand executives and industry experts.

they do talk to agents. And since 8 of those girls are with Img. You can figure the rest out yourself! It’s actually good for some of these girls to be on these lists! It will bring more work and more bargain power... but you can’t take this list as if someone is successful or not. Because the fact that irina Shaik is not even on this list( or never was) just shows how you can’t really take this as a real list. 

10 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Didn't Gisele called out Forbes on their bullshit a few times?

Gisele got audited by the IRS one time because of the Forbes list, and said that she didn't get paid as much as they had estimated.  The research and interviews that Forbes does are only guestimates at best, and they often end up being very wonky ones because I don't think any agency or model in their right mind would disclose the exact salary, for so many legal, disclosure, and financial reasons.