Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Omg 🙄🙄🙄 

so much drama!!! Ed shouldn’t have said what he said, but let’s not pretend VS is not free to market their company the way they feel like! It’s not VS job to make you feel good about yourself! That’s your job! And if you can’t find something you like then go somewhere else! 

Next we’ll have luxury brands being shamed because only rich people can afford it! 

Edit: the first time I even hard about third love was because of this VS drama! They certainly are riding on all the free pr VS just gave them! 🙄 

1 hour ago, PinkCouture said:

BOOM!

ThirdLove's founder says her company is "the antithesis of Victoria's Secret." That's great, and more power to her, but VS didn't become one of the most popular and profitable apparel brands by being the "opposite." ThirdLove wouldn't be able to make the comparison or say anything were it not for VS's spectacular success over decades, branding itself the way it did. ThirdLove ultimately only cares about their bottom line and are milking this situation for all its worth to try to grab some of VS's market share.

There are some interesting, contrarian comments under that post:

"He’s right though. Stop looking at everything through the lens of social justice. Some people like women to look like women and be feminine. Not plus size, not trans ...traditionally feminine. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Get over it. This constant social justice is annoying and boring."

"Some women enjoy being feminine and wearing pretty lingerie. Who are you to judge them for that?"

"I understand both sides here. The way Ed went about wording his statement was very wrong, but on the other hand he has a point. If their company wants to focus on fantasy and slim 'angels' then so be it. We have so many other amazing companies out there that support women so much, so instead of hating on one company for wanting a certain brand style, shop at the companies you do support and focus on being supportive instead of hatful! We all need to accept that were all different ❤️"

As was pointed out in the quote from The New Republic in my previous comment, criticizing VS for promoting a certain image of women and body type through the lens of social justice and "body positivity" is a complete waste of time. It's like criticizing Bentley and Lamborghini for low fuel efficiency. For my whole life I was brainwashed to believe that Hitler-style fascism was the worst thing that could happen to a nation, but the current political climate in the USA has shown me that Left Wing Authoritarianism can lead us down a road that's just as bad.

If a company wants to put on a fashion show with models who are plus size, trans, and physically or mentally disabled (see: Aerie campaign - https://www.teenvogue.com/story/aerie-models-disabilities-illnesses)   I am ALL FOR them having the freedom to make that decision, but I'm not going to watch it, not going to be excited by it, and most importantly, not going to be inspired to run down to the store and spend MY money. If that business model works and turns a profit, fantastic.

I grew up despising advertising, but as I've gotten older I've realized that it serves one useful purpose: it shows a culture a reflection of itself and what it really wants. I'm old enough to have watched ideals of male and female beauty evolve from the birth of aerobics and fitness, 90s supermodels, "heroin chic," VS Angels, and doe-eyed "aliens," so if the next generation decides that ordinary, chubby, disabled, and trans is "sexy" then who am I to argue?

On the other hand, take a walk through any major art museum and check out the ancient statues depicting the ideals of male and female beauty. There's a reason why we have "ideals" that push the envelope beyond the ordinary. To move forward, we need to aspire to more, not get lazy and decide that "everyone is special." I'll be sad if the VS brand dies or become unrecognizable, but I'm also aware enough to accept that everything changes and nothing stays the same.  I just don't like this prudish, divisive, unsexy, un-fun, cultural and political situation at all.

28 minutes ago, star2011 said:

Omg 🙄🙄🙄 

so much drama!!! Ed shouldn’t have said what he said, but let’s not pretend VS is not free to market their company the way they feel like! It’s not VS job to make you feel good about yourself! That’s your job! And if you can’t find something you like then go somewhere else! 

Next we’ll have luxury brands being shamed because only rich people can afford it! 

Edit: the first time I even hard about third love was because of this VS drama! They certainly are riding on all the free pr VS just gave them! 🙄 

You took some of the words right out of my mouth! Let's not forget that most of us live in a free-market, capitalist society, and ThirdLove is an underdog that is taking and running with every little scrap it can get to try to get ahead. I'm sure they were founded with good intentions, but their purpose is profit, not "caring about how women feel about themselves." All marketing, branding, and advertising is manipulation, and when a company takes a political stance they're potentially getting themselves into really hot water. Ed Razek has every right to promote his vision of his brand, and not give a sh*t if that offends the people who are not his customers. I'm not a Lamborghini customer, so the best option for me is to not pay attention to what they say as a company!

46 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

As I see this, Ed started it by calling out Third Love. 

I think that his dig at them was more likely aimed at the woman founder of TL, who used to be in the entity that is VS. 

maybe I’m wrong and am merely delusional. It happens at my age, :doofywave:

A little bit of research reveals that the TL founder worked for Aeropostale and Google, but investment capital came from a group that includes a former CEO at VS. Seems like a former VS CEO leaving and then helping to fund a competitor that is the "antithesis of Victoria's Secret" would be reason enough to inspire a call out from Razek:

https://fashionista.com/2016/02/thirdlove

47 minutes ago, slacker said:

A little bit of research reveals that the TL founder worked for Aeropostale and Google, but investment capital came from a group that includes a former CEO at VS. Seems like a former VS CEO leaving and then helping to fund a competitor that is the "antithesis of Victoria's Secret" would be reason enough to inspire a call out from Razek:

https://fashionista.com/2016/02/thirdlove

Thanks for the info. I did recall it wrong. 

This is the first picture that I ever remember of VS in 2005 or 2006, I think 2006. I bought this swmisuit and still have it. I also have this picture saved on my computer which I dont do with a lot of VS pictures. I still think this is my favorite VS picture of all time, I love the lighting, the background, Ale looks amazing, the suit is gorgeous...this is perfect! and I am not even an Ale fan. 

The Ale pictures is my favorite. I also thought Miranda looked great in this swimsuit, too. 

I wish VS would bring back Swim!!!! I am going to gather together some of my favorite Swim pictures and post them in a bit to reminisce lol

2bd1443ad2171630dbf7fc210f74ac13.jpg

post-19363-0-1446159717-38454.jpg

Here are some more of my favorite Swim pictures. For them to be my favorite, I have to like the suit, the model, and the overall style/lighting/setting of the picture. 

Candice and Barbara P are my all time favorite swim models!!

e42012733f04632d5ef36c537bd13a2c.jpg07448_Candice_Swanepoel_-_New_Victorias_behati-prinsloo-bikini-pics-victoria-s-sAlessandra_Ambrosio_02.jpgnewsgab-149978d1233941131-alessandra-amb75949_marisa_miller_victorias_secret_swi

post-42054-0-72904100-1359589938.jpg post-61956-0-1446058934-88144.jpg

3. Have some plus size models! Not just in the show but to model on the site. Pathetic that I’m a Dd cup and rarely buy from Vs because I never know what it’s gonna look like because everyone online is flat chested

4. And design bras that look good above a 34c, maybe even a dd+ line

5. Focus on ADULTS - no more logo crap put that in pink. Stop the infantilising. 

6. Please throw ed Razek and his crept ass out

Tbh I could go on - even to discuss how diabolical their bra fitting is because of the limited sizes or the cheap quality of garments. Just stop being tacky and be classy.

this should be reflected in the show as well. For god sake child like faces like Gigi’s should be in pink. I want irina shayk in mainline!

22 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Gorgeous shots. Thank you for sharing them! 

I'm glad you liked them :56608abdc37de_rhythmisadancer:

They should bring back swim and hire Barbara P as an Angel. 

Then they should give Angel status to Grace, Leomie, and Lorena. 

Regular models should be: Shanina, Yasmin, Jourdan D, Toni, Sui, Ming, 

PINK should have Maggie and Zuri, with a lot of Kelsey (now I'm a fan!), Josie, and Willow. 

They should get rid of Devon, Barbara F, Alexina, Sara, Stella, Martha, and Lais. 

They should stop white wall except for online to directly sell a product. They need sets and background pictures again. 

I'm all on board for them bringing swim back! VS is one of the few brands where I can match different size for bottom and top and it fits me perfectly, I was holding to my old swim for dear life, hopefully I'll get new ones next year :rofl: 

With Swim back, location shoots will most likely be back as well so I'm looking forward that. 

15 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I'm all on board for them bringing swim back! VS is one of the few brands where I can match different size for bottom and top and it fits me perfectly, I was holding to my old swim for dear life, hopefully I'll get new ones next year :rofl: 

With Swim back, location shoots will most likely be back as well so I'm looking forward that. 

When I said disgusting in the post that you have now deleted I was referring to what the daily mail comments had said about Martha and Elsa - many said they looked emaciated I don’t think that warrants a warning but ok