Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

17 minutes ago, Freak said:

Wonder what will happen now... Are they finally going to take another direction? Or are they going to do exactly what they are doing now? Hope VS use this as an opportunity to change and to improve the brand. 

Indeed! If they correct even just one of the mistakes they made under Jan’s tenure, the people just might come back! I’m thinking swim comes back first. I’d love for  clothing, other than workout gear and sleep/lounge wear, return because I loved their tank tops and sweaters.

Edited by CandleVixen
Lost my train of thought!

5 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Indeed! If they correct even just one of the mistakes they made under Jan’s tenure, the people just might come back! I’m thinking swim comes back first. I’d love for  clothing, other than workout gear and sleep/lounge wear, return because I loved their tank tops and sweaters.

as @Clauds remarked earlier, 

I think they have some sweaters on their website already! 

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

BZ has been saying this shit for months and most of us are not experts in the area, how the fuckity fuck took them so long to realize this? :rofl: 

I think that we pay more attention than the iic* do/did. And as Claud’s said is only what most of us have been thinking. We’ve been saying this for years! 

(* Idiots In Charge)

(Or VS and Pink are just trolling us? :tf:)

18 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

@Enrico_sw I am surprised you know this song. I thought I was the only one :p

This is because we share the privilege of having been listenning to music in the 90s :laugh:  Golden years, when Victoria's Secret worked with Stephanie :angel:

1829864322_StephanieSeymourVS145.thumb.jpg.d028f40cfdefa524a966538b016a8dd3.jpg

Oh and Laetitia:

1834195745_LaetitiaCastaVS102.thumb.jpg.56d749f6f7f7236978747969bbaf7284.jpg

And Tyra:

1111962650_TyraBanksVS20.thumb.jpg.dbbbe8e39996871c7d42722d0282b2d5.jpg

:Dinah:

Wow.  One disastrous news after another.  They are really screwed.  I doubt bringing back Swim can reverse the decline.  The swim line is a seasonal item.  If they can't even stabilize sales for lingerie, which is an everyday item, swim won't do that much better.  Plus, the reason they axed Swim in the first place was because sales in that line had been flat for a few years.  I wouldn't mind a return of the catalog, but to be honest, not a lot of businesses do catalogs anymore in the age of social media and the internet.

6 hours ago, Aurora Dawn said:

Wow.  One disastrous news after another.  They are really screwed.  I doubt bringing back Swim can reverse the decline.  The swim line is a seasonal item.  If they can't even stabilize sales for lingerie, which is an everyday item, swim won't do that much better.  Plus, the reason they axed Swim in the first place was because sales in that line had been flat for a few years.  I wouldn't mind a return of the catalog, but to be honest, not a lot of businesses do catalogs anymore in the age of social media and the internet.

It didn’t need to be discontinued though. Swim was a huge part of VS branding. they were focused on the wrong thing. People weren’t buying it cause of the product, but instead of putting in money to come up with better designs that were traingl rip offs, they focused on spending big money on some promotional special.

My friend made a good point that in the age of influencers and IG models VS swim could’ve struck gold, but instead of trying to fix the root of the problem they just axed it and I don’t think it did them any favors. 

7 hours ago, Aurora Dawn said:

I wouldn't mind a return of the catalog, but to be honest, not a lot of businesses do catalogs anymore in the age of social media and the internet.

I think a monthly digital catalog would be a good balance for them, with maybe 3-4 physical catalogs for special collections- ie) Holiday(Nov), Valentine’s(Feb), Swim(June), and then maybe another for the remaining quarter of the year. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:14 PM, phang.s said:

Removing swim and their catalogs was a giant mistake. I don’t think the clothes are necessary though. 

I completely agree!!! I only ever bought VS swimsuits and they would've kept making good money off me if they hadn't stopped Swim. I also loved looking at the swim pictures. The white wall are boring and I'm not much into lingerie pictures, but the fun, bright, and summery Swim pictures were lovely! 

I also miss getting the catalogue in the mail. I never bought their clothes and I don't know anyone who did, so I agree with your whole statement. 

I've been buying VS stuff (swimsuits, bras, PINK yoga pants, PINK hoodies, and underwear) for 15 years now and I love every product I own. I am glad to see them focusing on PINK becasue their clothes are comfy and cute. 

How long have you all been fans of VS products and/or models?

I've been a fan of VS products for 15 years and a fan of VS models, the VSFS, and anything VS related for 5 years now. I was looking at swimsuits in teh 2013 catalogue (I bought the white and yellow lemon one that Candice and Behati modeled) and found the video of Candice and Doutzen, and then the video of Candice on the beach rolling around in the sand in that little gold bikini and thought they were so beautifully done and such pretty locations and I was hooked! 

Lily's done with VS, I don't think there will be an announcement tho, so we're now down to 11 Angels. I want them to sign Barbara, Lorena, Ming and Grace but I also rhink 11 Angels is way way way too much so unless they are dropping more Angels or some of the girls decide to not stay, then I hope they just keep 11 girls, 15 Angels is a mess