Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 11/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, DULOVEMEDO said:

Same complaints....different communities.

Yep, really embarrassing. Although the makeup industry really boomed in the 2010's, the quality also improved significantly. Nowadays you can't get away with toy makeup quality even at a drugstore pricepoint.

I contrast to this, I'm really liking the VSFS makeup itself this year. Everyone's so beautiful and angelic. Charlotte Tilbury did a great job.

FOLLOWERS GAIN: VSFS18 EDITION

8/11

Adriana 29k

Taylor 27.7k

Elsa 23.6k

Stella 21.6k

Romee 19.9k

Josephine 18.2k

Candice 15.6k

Behati 12.5k

Jasmine 11.9k

Sara 10.0k

Martha 9.0k

Lais 6.4k

9/11

Adriana 197.3k (this is so huge omfg) 

Taylor 44.8k

Behati 43.9k

Elsa 39.7k

Candice 38.7k

Romee 35.9k

Sara 30.6k

Josephine 30.5k

Jasmine 19.2k

Stella 16.1k

Lais 12.2k

Martha 9.1k

Social media has ruined everything tbh. Places like twitter have given morons around the world a voice and now it affects everything. I really hate the world we are living in. Everyone wants to complain. What Ed said was insensitive but he said what most people think. Sorry about it but it’s true. You disagree with me whatever. I don’t think we should have trans people walking the VS show. Or even plus size. There’s markets for everything why should VS change. It’s only because they’re widely known and the most scrutinized due to this but there’s markets being created for different people. I’m a big guy you don’t see me going after all the friggin brands that don’t cater to my size. I just find the ones that do. It’s ridiculous tbh. Ed said they sell a fantasy. That is no different now to 10 years ago when they used to say that. Why all of a sudden does it matter? Like I said people have a voice and they complain. Find a different brand and wear their products. They shouldn’t chuck a plus size girl in their show just cause everyone else does.

9 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

Social media has ruined everything tbh. Places like twitter have given morons around the world a voice and now it affects everything. I really hate the world we are living in. Everyone wants to complain. What Ed said was insensitive but he said what most people think. Sorry about it but it’s true. You disagree with me whatever. I don’t think we should have trans people walking the VS show. Or even plus size. There’s markets for everything why should VS change. It’s only because they’re widely known and the most scrutinized due to this but there’s markets being created for different people. I’m a big guy you don’t see me going after all the friggin brands that don’t cater to my size. I just find the ones that do. It’s ridiculous tbh. Ed said they sell a fantasy. That is no different now to 10 years ago when they used to say that. Why all of a sudden does it matter? Like I said people have a voice and they complain. Find a different brand and wear their products. They shouldn’t chuck a plus size girl in their show just cause everyone else does.

I agree 100000%. I personally would have no problem with plus size models or transgender models being in the show, but if the VS team doesn't want it, then they shouldn't have to include them. I hate that train of thought, "well I dont want to do this, but I have to do this so people will like me"...I hope VS sticks to their guns and only accepts girls who they like, not because they feel forced to. I mean they have Alexina around ALL THE TIME and most people hate her and say awful things(myself included). But VS keeps using because they like her, it seems like they aren't listening to the general public who want her gone. I like that they're doing what they want, although that may end up being bad for business, idk. 

17 hours ago, gotportugal said:

FOLLOWERS GAIN: VSFS18 EDITION

8/11

Adriana 29k

Taylor 27.7k

Elsa 23.6k

Stella 21.6k

Romee 19.9k

Josephine 18.2k

Candice 15.6k

Behati 12.5k

Jasmine 11.9k

Sara 10.0k

Martha 9.0k

Lais 6.4k

9/11

Adriana 197.3k (this is so huge omfg) 

Taylor 44.8k

Behati 43.9k

Elsa 39.7k

Candice 38.7k

Romee 35.9k

Sara 30.6k

Josephine 30.5k

Jasmine 19.2k

Stella 16.1k

Lais 12.2k

Martha 9.1k

Yeah Adriana just hit 12 million followers today, she gained 300k followers, geez

Also, only her photo hit a million likes, I think this is the first time since last year's fantasy bra that one of their photos receive that many

Genuinely curious - are there any transgender models who are successful enough to have a real shot at being cast for the VS?

And call me cynical but many of the people who whine on twitter right now will complain if a transgender model is cast but gets only 1 outfit, if said outfit isn't spectacular, then will whine why there is only one transgender model, etc. No company can win with this kind of twitter crowd. And honestly, I really don't think the average (potential) VS customer gives a damn about the presence of transgender model in the show or lack thereof. So why not play it safe and only cast one if she is already highly successful? Of course, there might already be such models without me being aware of that. :)

Sports Illustrated's PR stunts with plus-size models and so on don't seem to be all that successful, after all.

1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Genuinely curious - are there any transgender models who are successful enough to have a real shot at being cast for the VS?

And call me cynical but many of the people who whine on twitter right now will complain if a transgender model is cast but gets only 1 outfit, if said outfit isn't spectacular, then will whine why there is only one transgender model, etc. No company can win with this kind of twitter crowd. And honestly, I really don't think the average (potential) VS customer gives a damn about the presence of transgender model in the show or lack thereof. So why not play it safe and only cast one if she is already highly successful? Of course, there might already be such models without me being aware of that. :)

Sports Illustrated's PR stunts with plus-size models and so on don't seem to be all that successful, after all.

Valentina Sampaio is a gorgeous Brazilian transgendermodel. In her first year of modelling she landed a Vogue Paris cover. She also currently has a beauty contract with Loreal. This season she landed a Moschino campaign. You can't possibly look at her and say she doesn't sell the fantasy... She's also been to castings this year.

I don't think Ed meant to say that Valentina wouldn't sell the fantasy, just that IF any trans model gets cast it won't like HEEY! LOOK LOOK! IT'S A TRANS MODEL! WE'RE INCLUSIVE. They are just gonna cast her because of the way she looks and then treat her like any model. Just look at Winnie, VS decided to cast her due to her popularity and her solid career but have they mentioned her vitiligo at all? Nope, they haven't. Did VS ever mention or made a big deal about being pretty much the first and still one of the few big commercial brands that allows models use their natural hair? i.e Maria Borges, Grace Bol? Nope, they haven't. The press made big deal out of it, but VS has never come out with some bullshit inclusivity statement and I think that's awesome, the biggest statement is actually putting those women on their runway and website. And I'm sure Valentina would much rather get cast because of the way she looks than just because she's trans, and lbr Valentna is most likely the only trans model with a career solid enough + the right look for VS Andreja Pejic is out there crying about the statement when the truth is VS would never work with her not because she's trans, but because she doesn't fit the brand in the slightest.

As far as plus size models don't selling the fantasy, I'm sorry but that's 100% true. The vast majority of women does not dream to wake up in a 200lbs body or with Tess Taylor's body, the average women however would love to magically wakeup one day with Candice's body. That is the fantasy, that is what VS wants to sell and tbh that's what the majority of us want to see for just one fucking hour a year in our goddamn tvs. If i wanted to see average women half naked I'd go to the beach. These "body positivity" people are for the most part, full of shit, there's a huge difference between accepting and embracing your body and wanting the fantasy body. For example, I accept my own body, I am 152cm and my legs are super short, I accept that, I embrace it and I have no issues with it now, but if someone told me I could have Lais' legs you can damn bet I'd happily take it and the truth is most of women do, and those who say they wouldn't are just mostly lying to themselves.

I wasn't a huge fan of Ed before and I do think his comments were maybe poorly phrased but I 100% agree with every word he said and more power to him and Monica tbh. I hope VS doesn't fall for this whole pc bullshit. 

15 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

:yes:

I agree with this good sense coming from down under.

18 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

Exactly.

This reminds me of situation of few months ago where Scarlett Johansson was supposed to play a trans person in a movie. Then trans community went all up in arms how that trans person should be played by an actual trans actor (not that there are any notable trans actors around) so Scarlett was basically publicly bullied to step down.

And what happened? The movie got canceled. So now outraged group has "won" and that story isn't going to be made.

3 minutes ago, Schemer said:

Exactly.

This reminds me of situation of few months ago where Scarlett Johansson was supposed to play a trans person in a movie. Then trans community went all up in arms how that trans person should be played by an actual trans actor (not that there are any notable trans actors around) so Scarlett was basically publicly bullied to step down.

And what happened? The movie got canceled. So now outraged group has "won" and that story isn't going to be made.

100% I forget isn’t it an actors job to ACT and to pretend to be a different character. By that logic gay actors should only play gay characters and never straight. Then they would say gay actors aren’t given the same opportunities. The hypocrisy is so real.