Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

7 minutes ago, BenByunghun said:

On a more serious note, does anyone know who at VS makes these decisions? Are they using a focus group to pick models for these vids?

VS barely has a budget. There is no time/money for focus groups and they don't care about opinions.

Everybody is running with Steve Jobs motto "The customer doesn't know what they want" which is far from the truth.

8 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

VS barely has a budget. There is no time/money for focus groups and they don't care about opinions.

Everybody is running with Steve Jobs motto "The customer doesn't know what they want" which is far from the truth.

Couldn’t have said it better. If VS falls it will because they refuse to listen to their customers. That video got trashed to hell and back, the result was so poor and it’s STILL up. Then they will start scrambling acting shocked when their makeup sales are tragic. 

Other companies wouldve deleted the video and possibly even released a statement. 

1 hour ago, phang.s said:

Couldn’t have said it better. If VS falls it will because they refuse to listen to their customers. That video got trashed to hell and back, the result was so poor and it’s STILL up. Then they will start scrambling acting shocked when their makeup sales are tragic. 

Other companies wouldve deleted the video and possibly even released a statement. 

Sorry, but I think it’s too much... What kind of statement do you expect from them?

I wonder if Sadie and Alexina really feel good working for VS with all the shit they should get right now in social networks. I would not risk to continue receiving so many negative reactions to my work, I would prefer to leave the company if I know that in the end I will not end up liking the clients.

Yep, I haven’t seen any comments like “Who’s that girl? She’s gorgeous! Make her an Angel like Taylor and Romee! We’ve never had a red-headed Angel before, VS!” It’s all negative, which is quite a feat because she does have the red-head factor going for her.

It’s all Alexina’s own doing since it’s not like she was a Sadie Newman or a Megan Puleri from the start. I remember people here demanding some existing Angels to be dropped for Alexina to be the next one to be made into an Angel prior to the show in China.

In theory, every VS model is pretty and aspirational enough to garner at least some positive reaction from the public. So, VS should probably see this as cheap marketing research and conclude that Alexina is not Angel or spokesmodel material. Unless they have time and money to invest into training the poor misguided girl, they should see this as a blessing in disguise. Because likability is hard to teach when someone’s first instinct is to act obnoxious…

Megan Puleri probably thinks that she and Alexina are soul-sisters, both “unfairly” rejected by VS fans who should have automatically loved and embraced them. I guess VS thinks that Alexina is an influencer but I’m questioning now how legit her follower count is since she gets no love or defenders in those comment sections.

And I don’t think it was smart of VS to upload a poor amateur video like that to their channel, I don’t see other big or small brands doing it. Other brands are much more careful about the way their products are presented as they should.

And a tip for Alexina, she should wear a VS robe instead of just the logo bra. Wearing just a bra adds to the messy feel of her videos, it’s not great marketing as she evidently thinks.

3 hours ago, ivancica said:

Charlotte... 

Not sure if some of the blond angels attended this party? 

The only angel there was Lais so no blonde angels. Does anyone know if Josie Conseco got the show? Because they both did castings together and haven't heard anything from her.

27 minutes ago, MissPadilla said:

The only angel there was Lais so no blonde angels. Does anyone know if Josie Conseco got the show? Because they both did castings together and haven't heard anything from her.

According to Jerome's IG Sara and Jasmine were also there.

As for Josie:

9 hours ago, almanaotemcor said:

I wonder if Sadie and Alexina really feel good working for VS with all the shit they should get right now in social networks. I would not risk to continue receiving so many negative reactions to my work, I would prefer to leave the company if I know that in the end I will not end up liking the clients.

I AGREE!!! They have to know by now that not many people like them. I read Alexina's YT comments and, well, most people were complaining about her and to get rid of her. 

4 hours ago, Sanni said:

Yep, I haven’t seen any comments like “Who’s that girl? She’s gorgeous! Make her an Angel like Taylor and Romee! We’ve never had a red-headed Angel before, VS!” It’s all negative, which is quite a feat because she does have the red-head factor going for her.

I agree with your whole post, but this part in particular. No one was asking for more of her  on the YT video, most people were saying to get rid of her (that's what I'm saying too, she isn't pretty at all and her attitude is just EW).

A lot of people were asking about Barbara Palvin, though. Peopel have wanted her to be an Angel since she worked for them the first time and apparently a lot of people haven't forgotten her. I thought she was one of the best VS models back when she did the 2012 show adn was working a lot for them. I need to see more from her now to decide if I still like her for VS as much as I used to, but A  LOT of people want her and not Alexina. 

Please VS listen. Alexina needs to go, Sadie needs to never come back, why aren't you using models that the general public likes???

2 hours ago, bump said:

I AGREE!!! They have to know by now that not many people like them. I read Alexina's YT comments and, well, most people were complaining about her and to get rid of her. 

I agree with your whole post, but this part in particular. No one was asking for more of her  on the YT video, most people were saying to get rid of her (that's what I'm saying too, she isn't pretty at all and her attitude is just EW).

A lot of people were asking about Barbara Palvin, though. Peopel have wanted her to be an Angel since she worked for them the first time and apparently a lot of people haven't forgotten her. I thought she was one of the best VS models back when she did the 2012 show adn was working a lot for them. I need to see more from her now to decide if I still like her for VS as much as I used to, but A  LOT of people want her and not Alexina. 

Please VS listen. Alexina needs to go, Sadie needs to never come back, why aren't you using models that the general public likes???

I remember when people were asking who is that girl? She is beautiful! VS even made a introduction video of her. 

VS can make a fake red hair model, just how they made Candice a blond bombshell when she truly is a Burnett. 

Which angel would look good with red hair? 

^^ Based on skin tones, and undertone, the only Angels I could see with red hair would be Taylor and Behati. I think on the majority of other angels even a dark auburn (much less something more Cintia colored) would wash them out, or just won't be flattering.

40 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

^^ Based on skin tones, and undertone, the only Angels I could see with red hair would be Taylor and Behati. I think on the majority of other angels even a dark auburn (much less something more Cintia colored) would wash them out, or just won't be flattering.

Lais would look good with a dark auburn color.