Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 8/12/2018 at 3:32 PM, clau17 said:

This girl is like a mix between Adriana, Sara and Doutzen. Só pretty!

I was gonna say the EXACT same thing. She’s a beautiful balance between Adriana, Doutzen and Sara and her runway walk is killer! I think she’s perfect for VS and she looks like she can command and hold down a show :clap:

Kambree Dalton for VSFS 2018!!!

On 8/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, bump said:

@sanni Thank you for sticking up for my right to free speech.  I was just going to ignore them but I might as well answer as to why my posts are so mean because I will admit they are.

@to_the_stars and whoever else was bitching at my posts being mean....I think VS new girls look too HF and are ugly. I said so because we are all sharing opinions. Mine happen to be not very nice. Until they hire a girl that I like the look of, my posts will continue to be the way they are now. .I would advise those who were complaining to just ignore this post and any other forthcoming posts because there will be a lot of "hate" in them. I used to LOVE so many of the angels a few years ago (Miranda, Doutzen, Erin, Lindsey, Lily, Candice, Behati, Elsa.....) but now I just don't see the appeal of the new models/Angels. I like designers and HF clothes, but not HF models and that's what a lot of VS new models remind me of. 

Anyways.....I saw a before and after picture of Alexandra somebody...I can't remember her last name but everyone was talking about how she lost too much weight adn she would've been such a good VS angel before she lost weight and I agree!!! She's blonde and America that's all I know.....does anyone ever think they'll work with her? She is really skinny now and that's what VS is aiming for...she has a really pretty face though but I wish she's put on more weight.

I don't keep up on many new models so I never know who VS is looking at or who might have the chance to be used by VS. Does anyone have some models that they could tell me so I could look into them? I'm curious to see who VS might be looking at. 

Agreed 100% @bump None of the new angels command star power, are as boring as dry wall and they’re all so “relatable” that it completely diminishes the ethereal, unattainable aspect of “glamazon, bombshell Angels” VS had succeed in selling for decades....now look where the brand is? Millions of dollars in debt smh. Just face the facts, your faves are boring as fuck and are all awful Angels. Elsa, Lais, Jasmine and Sara are the only angels I can see saving this brand from its teenage mediocrity tbh, all the others? axe em. They do nothing and I’d rather watch zoo animals become VS Angels cause at least that’d be more entertaining.

2 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Agreed 100% @bump None of the new angels command star power, are as boring as dry wall and they’re all so “relatable” that it completely diminishes the ethereal, unattainable aspect of “glamazon, bombshell Angels” VS had succeed in selling for decades....now look where the brand is? Millions of dollars in debt smh. Just face the facts, your faves are boring as fuck and are all awful Angels. Elsa, Lais, Jasmine and Sara are the only angels I can see saving this brand from its teenage mediocrity tbh, all the others? axe em. They do nothing and I’d rather watch zoo animals become VS Angels cause at least that’d be more entertaining.

It's not about calling a model boring (which they are, if we think back at the likes of KK, Tyra, Gisele etc). It's about using words along the lines of "monstuosity", "ugly", "horrible face", "her face gives me nightmares" when talking about other women.

I say this as a straight man: when I read all the stuff you as women write about other women, in my mind it makes it a little less wrong for us men to have the same approach

('cause why wouldn't it be ok for me to fatshame a woman when you -women- call Adriana "boxy", "a bodybuilder in drag" etc?).

5 hours ago, to_the_stars said:

It's not about calling a model boring (which they are, if we think back at the likes of KK, Tyra, Gisele etc). It's about using words along the lines of "monstuosity", "ugly", "horrible face", "her face gives me nightmares" when talking about other women.

I say this as a straight man: when I read all the stuff you as women write about other women, in my mind it makes it a little less wrong for us men to have the same approach

('cause why wouldn't it be ok for me to fatshame a woman when you -women- call Adriana "boxy", "a bodybuilder in drag" etc?).

THIS.

There's a thin line between expressing your dislike for a model i.e I don't appreciate Elsa's facial features, or I wish Sara was curvier or Lais hasn't aged well or Taylor is just not my cup of tea and then there's flat out being a goddamn douchebag and be like Elsa looks like she does coke, Sara is gross and looks like a dude, Lais looks like a cunt and ewwww look at her disgusting long torso or Taylor is the ugliest human I have seen. This has also been going on for too long, there's people whose post are literally just to trash these women, who let's face it: they are models, and there's a reason why they are models and it's because they are more attractive than the average woman or because they are somehow great sellers, otherwise they wouldn't have made it this far in the industry. And even if none of them will somehow please everyone, they're still human and no one should be called those things.

I'm known to have made jokes about the girls I don't particularly love, but I think most of us try to keep it cheeky without being a major asshole. I don't think bump or any other member would appreciate hearing those things about herself or anyone she loves, so why the hell would you say that shit about other women?

^^^ all. of. that. 

And not to mention, there are some members that only come into these threads to talk poorly about these girls. Over. And over. And over. It’s old. We get it. Why waste your time repeating the same negative thing when you could better focus your time on things you actually like?

They’re also models, lingerie models at that. While they might not be your favorite look, I still have a hard time when anyone says they’re ugly because these women are definitely not ugly. I can acknowledge that even the girls I don’t care for are conventionally beautiful. And please don’t use the “well if they don’t want to have their looks critiqued, they shouldn’t be in this industry” excuse. These women are still human beings with feelings. There’s also a line between critique and what so many members on this site do which is taking things to a disgusting level of low far too often. 

"Freedom of speech—the right to express opinions without government restraint."  

No one here was taking anyone's right to free speech away. Free speech doesn't mean free from consequences, as not only can others reply and disagree with you, but as we've seen recently, it can also mean employers can terminate your contract if what you said goes against their values. Or in certain cases, forum administrators can have you banned from the site.

There's a fine line between disliking a model and attacking their looks and personality. Disliking them is fine, but there's absolutely no need to make disgusting comments about them.

Just for the record, and in reply to what you said about Josephine, she'd just spent 24 hours on a plane back from Thailand, and probably went straight to the makeup room to get ready for a day of press, so... 

that video was cute!

first and foremost, the lady carrying out the measures is great. Fantastic delivery and charisma.

The models: Lais, great and coming into her own with her personality, which is calming and warm and therefore a very nice change from those louder types. Jo, looked cute and her natural beauty translated to video better than when she’s doing “sexy”. Barbara, oozes charisma and was a bit larger framed than the others so looked very sexy and womanly (also when she makes her “once a month” joke, she was giving me hot dork vibes in a Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality vibes which is but an excellent thing). Alexina: I still do not love her look but again, cute personality and not girly in this video, which was enjoyable.