Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Well...now that Hailey is engaged to Justin Bieber I think it’s a MOST definite she’ll be casted in this year’s show and they’ll obviously give her own segment on how she’s auditioned for years and finally got casted after all her “hard work” *cues tears* and then she’ll talk a little about her relationship with Justin and the cameras will pan to the audience to show him cheering her on while she walks...very typical VS formula lmao

5 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Well...now that Hailey is engaged to Justin Bieber I think it’s a MOST definite she’ll be casted in this year’s show and they’ll obviously give her own segment on how she’s auditioned for years and finally got casted after all her “hard work” *cues tears* and then she’ll talk a little about her relationship with Justin and the cameras will pan to the audience to show him cheering her on while she walks...very typical VS formula lmao

I wouldn't be so sure... Some people are saying she might be pregnant? (I kinda hope she is. LOL)

7 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Yep! Unlike them, Hailey is mostly known for her relationships. At least they've (somewhat) actually fought their way to the top.

But we both know VS loves opportunity, publicity and exploitation, also the fact that Justin already had performed at the show in 2012 and Hailey has auditioned for the show like 3-4 times prior I believe..I can see them doing what they did to Irina, just inviting her to walk this year and that’s it. 

I don't think Hailey will ever walk at this point, unlike The Hadids and even Kendull, she has failed to crossover to high fashion and she isn't scoring campaigns and cover either. If VS wanted her, she would have walked last year, especially after they lost Gigi due to visa issues. 

5 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

But we both know VS loves opportunity, publicity and exploitation, also the fact that Justin already had performed at the show in 2012 and Hailey has auditioned for the show like 3-4 times prior I believe..I can see them doing what they did to Irina, just inviting her to walk this year and that’s it. 

I keep forgetting Irina walked this year. She never walked before, right? I don't find Irina pretty at all, but I found her to have that oldschool glamazon style VS is missing these days and would love to see her come back. 

I don't know much about this Hailey girl and I'm going to keep it that way lol....unles she's cast for the VSFS, then maybe I'll take a look at her. But if she's been rejected so many times, would VS really let her in now just because of the buzz she would create? How pathetic if so.

3 hours ago, bump said:

I keep forgetting Irina walked this year. She never walked before, right? I don't find Irina pretty at all, but I found her to have that oldschool glamazon style VS is missing these days and would love to see her come back. 

I don't know much about this Hailey girl and I'm going to keep it that way lol....unles she's cast for the VSFS, then maybe I'll take a look at her. But if she's been rejected so many times, would VS really let her in now just because of the buzz she would create? How pathetic if so.

Irina has auditioned for many shows in the past (I believe the last show she ever auditioned for was the 2011 show) but before that she’s been going to castings to as far back as 2007 and still didn’t get cast despite her look being EXACTLY what VS was looking for during their “glory days” or “golden years” haha she was only casted in the 2016 show because of the buzz around her relationship with Bradley Cooper and that she was 3 months pregnant during too.

And Irina is actually really good on the runway. So idk maybe she was horrible at first then became better? I have no other explanation because she’s 532355533 times better than most of their angels. It doesn’t matter tho, VS is slowly becoming an afterthought in the industry... girls like Imaan wouldn’t be caught dead signing a VS angel contract.

1 hour ago, Corner said:

And Irina is actually really good on the runway. So idk maybe she was horrible at first then became better? I have no other explanation because she’s 532355533 times better than most of their angels. It doesn’t matter tho, VS is slowly becoming an afterthought in the industry... girls like Imaan wouldn’t be caught dead signing a VS angel contract.

It’s not that Irina is “horrible” but because this was during the time VS was going for more HF powerhouse models who they know could deliver on the runway and eventually become household names. Also I remember reading an insider somewhere that Irina wasn’t the easiest model to work with back then, she was known for being rude and sometimes having a temper tho I don’t know wether how accurate that was...

couldnt agree more, signing an angel contract nowadays is considered suicidal in the fashion industry, it completely limits your amount of jobs outside of the brand and the Angel status itself has lost its prestige when they decided to sign the 10 new angels in 2015. Many models wouldn’t even be caught dead just walking for the brand! Especially since they don’t pay as well as they used to...

13 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Unlike Hailey, Irina is a highly successful model. Most JB fans don't like her, so bringing her to the show might actually backfire and bring negative publicity and have people not wanting to watch... The show's ratings have been going down since Kendall and the Hadids joined, as lots of people said they wouldn't watch if they were invited, wouldn't be surprised if they actually didn't watch and waited until much later so VS wouldn't get the ratings. Plus, it seems like a lot of fans don't even live in the US. 

6 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

If I'm right they casted Irina years ago too but she couldn't make it..I can't stand her anyway so thanks god she walked just one time :rofl:

Yes! I completely forgot, I believe that was 2010 or 2011 show we’re she was casted I can’t remember but I’m not a fan of hers but seeing her on the runway was glorious, reminded me of the old classic glamazon VS models from the early 00s :Angel:

16 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

If I'm right they casted Irina years ago too but she couldn't make it..I can't stand her anyway so thanks god she walked just one time :rofl:

I think she is not very attrative (ok, she's not attractive AT ALL to me her face is puff and her lips...omg please no) but her attitude on the runway was awesome. Or maybe I was so used to seeing all the really young models that I was drawn to Irina during the show because she is much more womanly than most of the teeny bopper looking girls they had. 

I hate most of the new angels, by the way. So I'm already bummed about the VSFS because last years  didnt' like most of the models that walked. I thought Punk was the best segment they've done in any VSFS, but there were a lot of older models in that one. I like models like Lily, Candice, Miranda, Doutzen, Karlie (I know they arent with VS but I'm just using them as examples), Grace is young but I like her, Barbara P but she's not as young as the PINK crowd thank god....I'd love to see Jourdan Dunn come back...Bella was good, it would be nice to see Isabeli again...Joan smalls had a great attitude she can come back.....but I don't think a lot of those names I listed will ever walk the VSFS again....sad ?

1 hour ago, Daradrpipara said:

Who might be the new comers this year?

Except Hailey

I remember Jasmine Sanders was rejected last year

Is she too short and thick for them?

I find her face one of the prettiest currently

too commercial and yeah, not skinny like they want to