Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

58 minutes ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Thoughts on this? How much do y'all think VS pays per shoot?

VS would surely pay more because they are a brand, not a publication. Brand campaigns/shoots .= money. However, for magazines, it's totally different because typically the model will forego their normal shoot rate in exchange for the visibility/prestige the magazine would provide them, and/or the chance to work with a very established photographer or stylist.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:00 AM, GlitterAndWings said:

Thoughts on this? How much do y'all think VS pays per shoot?

Screenshot_2018-07-03-21-59-09.png

Models don’t really get paid for editorials/covers because being on the covers, of say vogue, gets you campaigns which pay $$$$$ 

VS is a commercial brand, probably one of the higher paying ones.

1 hour ago, shver said:

Models don’t really get paid for editorials/covers because being on the covers, of say vogue, gets you campaigns which pay $$$$$ 

VS is a commercial brand, probably one of the higher paying ones.

Or, at least, used to be.

1 hour ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Yeah, I really doubt VS pays as well as they used to in years past. 

I mean, that’s pretty easy to know since they went from giving two or three girls an angel contract every few years to just handing nine girls a contract all at once ( and I say nine and not ten because I just know that Elsa got hers months before the others) and then giving another one the same contract a year after. There’s no way in hell that VS was going to give each girl a million dollar contract, it’s not realistic.

As for magazines not paying a lot to the models, that’s not big news, we been knew that models don’t get paid too much money for magazines or runway shows, they mostly do it for exposure, grow their portfolio and make connections in the industry.

3 hours ago, medicenevs said:

I mean, that’s pretty easy to know since they went from giving two or three girls an angel contract every few years to just handing nine girls a contract all at once ( and I say nine and not ten because I just know that Elsa got hers months before the others) and then giving another one the same contract a year after. There’s no way in hell that VS was going to give each girl a million dollar contract, it’s not realistic.

As for magazines not paying a lot to the models, that’s not big news, we been knew that models don’t get paid too much money for magazines or runway shows, they mostly do it for exposure, grow their portfolio and make connections in the industry.

Funny you should say that about Elsa... I'm pretty sure there's an article from the 2014 show where she was called an Angel and a contract was mentioned... Stupid of them to wait so long to announce her, and truthfully, the whole 10 angels thing was a mess. They basically made them fight for the spotlight against their own friends... It would've been better to announce them in pairs or at least differently... After Jo was made an angel, I was definitely glad she didn't have to share that moment with anyone else.

Yup, I know mags/runway barely bring any money and are more of a trade agreement, but I was curious about how much VS pays their Angels and non-Angels for every shoot... 

20 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Funny you should say that about Elsa... I'm pretty sure there's an article from the 2014 show where she was called an Angel and a contract was mentioned... Stupid of them to wait so long to announce her, and truthfully, the whole 10 angels thing was a mess. They basically made them fight for the spotlight against their own friends... It would've been better to announce them in pairs or at least differently... After Jo was made an angel, I was definitely glad she didn't have to share that moment with anyone else.

Yup, I know mags/runway barely bring any money and are more of a trade agreement, but I was curious about how much VS pays their Angels and non-Angels for every shoot... 

It is very clear they did not want the new angels to feel exclusive in the sense, they would get a big contract and wanted them to feel vulnerable instead as there is 10, anyone would or could be replaced anytime.

They are not interested in grooming big names and giving them a big contract only for them to have the option to renew or leave for more money.

What they did was leveraging and playing mind games with the girls and It worked but of course their ultimate goal was to groom a new batch of angels to replace every old angel on the roster, the time will come and Ed might be already thinking of new potential angels.

14 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

It was around october/november of 2014, and she was also standing with the angels on the plane to London and it was the year she finally got an outfit out of PINK. But they waited to have her share the spotlight with other nine girl because they're cheap this days.:rofl:

Not sure abot the non-angels (but it can't be above the 5k) but angels get paid annually for what I know of, if your contract is 200k, that's that you get paid all year long.

IMG actually updated Elsa’s profile on their website to say she was an Angel (and then quickly removed it) but it was months before the other girls signed. I think it was in October. 

Edit: Also assuming she got a traditional 3 year contract (since she didn’t sign in that big lump of girls) she would have been renewing in fall of 2017 but it’s hard to say how many years she signed for this time around. 

These contracts confuse me. But since we're talking about Elsa I just want to say I hope she sticks around for a while. I like her. Sometimes I forget she's an angel but her VS pictures, even in PINK, are usually always good. She is so pretty too!!

22 hours ago, bump said:

These contracts confuse me. But since we're talking about Elsa I just want to say I hope she sticks around for a while. I like her. Sometimes I forget she's an angel but her VS pictures, even in PINK, are usually always good. She is so pretty too!!

Elsa hasn't done anything for PINK in years though. Last time was probably in 2014 or 2015. Anyway, I don't see her leaving anytime soon especially since it seems she doesn't really do a lot beside VS.

1 hour ago, *Luna* said:

Elsa hasn't done anything for PINK in years though. Last time was probably in 2014 or 2015. Anyway, I don't see her leaving anytime soon especially since it seems she doesn't really do a lot beside VS.

Oh I know she hasnt, I was just saying I even thought her PINK pictures were cute adn I liked her walking the PINK section. I was surprised when she transitioned to mainline and did such a good job because I only saw her as the PINK girl and now she is one of the few mainline angels that I think is worth anything. 

And  I agree, after looking through her thread it seems like VS is a staple for her so hopefully she'll stick around. 

5 hours ago, bump said:

Oh I know she hasnt, I was just saying I even thought her PINK pictures were cute adn I liked her walking the PINK section. I was surprised when she transitioned to mainline and did such a good job because I only saw her as the PINK girl and now she is one of the few mainline angels that I think is worth anything. 

And  I agree, after looking through her thread it seems like VS is a staple for her so hopefully she'll stick around. 

Absolutely! I think she was one of the best PINK spokesmodels ever. I don’t think it’s a bad thing that she sticks to VS and editorial work (from time to time). It’s a good balance in my opinion.