Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Erin had an incredible body, and was such a good brand ambassador. That was a VS mess. Also, Iza got thinner and thinner - I imagine VS probably didn’t help. Watching some old shows and it was so clear how much Karlie stood out as being so thin in comparison to the other girls in 2011/2012, whereas she wouldn’t stand out at all any more.

I always feel bad for Vita. They were using here like CRAZY, and they suddenly stopped. She didn't audition for last year's FS, but she did back in 2016 and didn't get it. She said that VS told her "she wasn't in shape". She gained a little weight two years ago, I agree with that. But right now she has a killer body and seems to have found a balance, does that make sense? lol. 

I'd loved to see her working with VS again as long as they don't push her like before. But if I have to be honest, I don't see that happening. 

6 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

and what i don't understand is..VS IS NOT HF AND NEVER WILL BE but they keep casting hf models and they want all the models to be like this...there's a reason hf brands want the models to be really skinny ( even if i don't like it and is a bit too much sometimes) but with lingerie is not the same, at all.

Except it used to be... From 1995 to about 2005 was strictly all high fashion girls. It remained essentially the same way until PINK joined the show and random girls started getting casted. I agree that the body type is definitely different between the two, but it should be recognized that VS was once a hugely popular high fashion event, until it became the shit show that it is today. If it was the way it used to be, girls like Yasmin Wijnaldum, He Cong, Binx Walton, Luna Bijl, Imaan Hammam, Kiki Willems, Vittoria Ceretti, Anna Ewers, and Birgit Kos would be walking. I honestly would prefer them over girls like Maggie Laine, but that's just me. 

But the thing is Natasha didn't look like she was starving back in 2005-2006, Naomi had a banging body, Carmen Kass was great, everyone looked their absolute best. VS is now literally asking this girls to look like skeletons. VS used to take the best from the HF industry for sure but they all looked good, clearly not the case anymore. VS went from being famous for casting the best bodies in the industry to borderline push these women into sickness.

As pointed out, Nadine is also another example. She never booked the show until last year when she was the smallest she's ever been. Now Hannah Ferguson would have 100% made the cut for the show in 2005 but she can't book it now, probably because she is "too big" when in reality she has one of the best bodies in the industry.

Victoria's Secret Photoshoots

2017.12.31 - 2018.04.04 (solo photos only, no group photos included)

Romee Strijd - 258 photo

Jasmine Tookes - 247 photo

Josephine Skriver - 234 photo

Elsa Hosk - 197 photo

Sara Sampaio - 195 photo

Martha Hunt - 171 photo

Lais Ribeiro - 84 photo

Lily Aldridge - 49 photo

Stella Maxwell/ Taylor Hill - 43 photo

Adriana Lima/Behati Prinsloo/Candice Swanepoel - 0

On 31-3-2018 at 3:00 PM, CatyCat said:

Barbara P could be like Taylor. Cute face but no sex appeal at all 

23 hours ago, MarVS said:

lol Barbara could be super sexy . she does have sex appeal

I agree about Taylor being cute without the sex appeal, but Barbara? Hell she is both cute AND really sexy, she just has this more mysterious sex appeal that is really charismatic about her.

1 hour ago, DeadlyRebel said:

I know Julia Stegner said on German television she wasn't going to walk the 2012 show, because the models had to be slimer each year.

Seriously?? And she already is super slim. VS really needs to get their priorities in check. I’m all for people embracing who they are and if that happens to be slim and skinny then great, but it’s ridiculous that so many models (who look perfect just the way they are) have to lose “...” amount of weight just because a few people think that’s the ideal look. It’s NOT. Diversity is a beautiful thing and it would be so good and refreshing to see this represented on the VS (and all other) runways. 

Apparently one of the VS Angels is going to be the newest face of Maybelline. Biggest bets are on Josephine since she shot for them some time ago and also went to a lot of their events. Not really feeling it tho, her face doesn't do it for me and for sure not beauty wise.