Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I keep hearing my video being brought up for the reason Taylor is racist, so...for the 15th time, Taylor is not racist..... What was said about her being racist for "mocking" a Indian/Arabic man was taken WAY out of context and blown up into something it wasn't. I was the person with the original video of the supposed "racist" incident and very very few people had seen the video before it was removed, so I'm not sure how anyone can talk about something when they had no idea what was even on the video... and yes, I asked these preechy types to explain to me, and each and every person got the video details wrong. My ORIGINAL post that started all the drama was something like.

"Taylor you don't need to post everything you say or do online" and  "I'm sure people are going to take this the wrong way" ... which they did.  I then explained to a couple of people what was on the video and the fucking internet took my words, twisted them withoth ever having seen the video the turned Taylor into the racist who mocks people.

So I posted this after I was flooded with requests to show the video:

On 8/19/2016 at 6:28 AM, Prettyphile said:

Problem is if I post the video - there will still be the super offended hyper sensitive butthurt people who take the clip and turn it into something it's not ..... which then the sheep will listen to, and then the problem won't go away.

Taylor hill became"racist" because of 1 thing I said which the internet tried to scooby doo the hell out of and thus she became the bad person. They made something out of NOTHING :rofl: 

I'll PM you
@saylor_ and let you see it and then you can confirm here, or on your social media. Please let me know when you're around.

@JazzyJas I'll do the same for you.

I then proceed to send the video to about 4-5 of the ppl on BZ who confirm that Taylor did nothing wrong...

A year later the same BS pops up again, so I give the video to roughly 20-25 ppl, and this was the result.

On 8/30/2016 at 9:17 PM, phenobarbie said:

I agree; the video was posted a year ago, was taken down quite quickly and I'd say a good 3/4's of the people that continuously keep bringing it up haven't seen it simply because I'm still constantly asked if I have a copy of it. But everyone sure loves to talk like they know exactly what happened in it.

On 8/30/2016 at 9:11 PM, Kells. said:
i

I have seen the video and I don't even get it. And I don't get how people came out with racism. I don't see nothing racist about it. Can we change the topic. Why does someone has to bring this out every now and then. Just drop it people, move on with your life. Is your life that boring or lame that you guys need to bring this up? Seriously I've been done with this subject. The next time I hear about this again I will definitely punch or throw a rock at somebody.  :boxing: :rock:

On 8/19/2016 at 6:48 AM, TMH said:

I can't believe that's the video people have been whining over and calling her a racist for :banghead:

On 8/19/2016 at 6:44 AM, Limerlight said:

I watched the video :idk: 

Until Pretty told me for the 10th time what the but hurtz are about I noticed nothing and I still don't.

Just silly voices by some loser with Taylor commenting on something they saw :idk: 

The dude's voice sounded terrible to whatever he tried to do or be silly or funny or w/e.

Nothing to see here.

That's all fam.

Taylor's voice there is kinda fuck me sexy though

On 8/18/2016 at 5:22 PM, JazzyJas2.0 said:

Tumblr is NOTORIOUS for being chock full of mentally insane, trigger-happy people. Case in point:

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 8.21.17 PM.png

It's a satire post thats been floating around Tumblr but its so accurate. :rofl:

When I heard about the "racist" incident: I just rolled my eyes because I just don't see Taylor being a racist and the fact that it was on social media made it loose even more credibility. People are so unforgiving towards gorgeous women, they want so badly to find something wrong with her. :cain:

On 8/18/2016 at 4:29 PM, Prettyphile said:

@toodarnhot - I finally got a copy of the "racist" Taylor video in which I NEVER once said Taylor was acting like a racist, what I said is

I then mentioned that oversensitive preachy Tumblr types can take anything said and turn it into a bigger issue then it really is/was... which is EXACTLY what happened. I guarantee 99.9% of you hadn't seen the video and rather then leave it at that you turned it into something it wasn't aka Taylor Hill = Racist.

So Toodarnhot I'd like to privately show  you the video and then can then let them know your honest opinion.. I'd make it public, however oversensitive preachy Tumblr types can take anything said and turn it into a bigger issue then it really is/was

On 8/19/2016 at 9:07 AM, toodarnhot said:

As one of those "preachy tumblr SJW" types myself, I'll say that the video is nothing to get worked up over. What was described in the thread previously was grossly exaggerated from what the video actually was. HG was attempting some sort of "joke" that didn't translate, and was probably still in bad taste imo, but wasn't never as severe as it was made out to be and Taylor honestly wasn't involved or egging it on. 

So here it is the video that caused so much drama, and if you continue to think she is racist, then I don't know what to tell you...

3 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

Grace registered as a republican but I'm pretty sure she confirmed she didn't vote for Trump. Being part of a political party doesn't automatically make you a supporter of EVERYONE on that ticket/platform.

I recall someone even mentioning that she didn't even vote altogether. I'm very much a liberal voter and disagree with the majority of conservative views, but I don't think it is necessary to penalize models for their political affiliations. I may not necessarily agree with what Grace or (potentially) Taylor believe, but that does not give me any right to "cancel" them for their opinions, as much as I may want to. Irina is a different story because she openly praised Trump as a candidate, rather than the political party he supposedly represents. 

6 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Since it’s April, we’ll most likely see a new Angel lineup by the end of this month or during! I really hope the rumors about Alexina are untrue....she does nothing for me and she’s way too inexperienced with VS, however I’d love to see Gizele, Blanca and/or Grace E become angels! Those girls are just bombshells and rep what VS  used to be about! 

Angels that need to go:

1) Lily (love ya but your time is up) 

2) Behati (as far as I’m concerned, you’re not even a model anymore lmao)

3) Martha (they could replace her with a plastic bag and I wouldn’t notice)

4) Stella (ughh...she never fit the brand since day 1)

5) Sara (I actually like Sara but VS seems to never know how to properly use her or take advantage of her beauty, she’d be better off in commercial/editorial modelling than VS...too good for them) 

I've said it before, but I hope that Lily gets a send-off (as Alessandra should have this year) at this year's fashion show. Behati should just say is retired already. I'd be fine if Martha and Stella exited. That leaves Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Josephine, Lais, Romee, Sara, and Taylor. I would only accept a new Angel if that line-up diminished significantly. 

4 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Yes! I’m trying to find it right now actually! :smile: Kinda makes me wonder what other models hold similar views :idk:...but moving on, random butdo you guys think VS will last? I wouldn’t be surprised if they stop doing shows at like 2020-2022 because the brand PLUMMETING and the fashion show viewers went from 8-10 mil yearly to only 1-3 mil now...things are really not looking good for VS future :/

I would not worry so much about the fashion show bringing in less viewers, since all networks are witnessing significant drops in viewership in the first place. The real issue is the business itself. Products are overpriced, for quality that is not the same as it was in years past. VS needs to reorganize their stores and lower their prices if they want to continue to be a lingerie giant. 

The topic of politics is a slippery slope that often causes inflated disagreements and unnecessary tension between members. As it's been discussed with the staff and we are all in agreement, if you would like to continue to talk about politics please take the conversation to PM. Any continuation of the subject of politics will be shut down and posts will be removed.

Thank you.

vrfjy5I.gif

1 hour ago, JROCK177217 said:

I recall someone even mentioning that she didn't even vote altogether. I'm very much a liberal voter and disagree with the majority of conservative views, but I don't think it is necessary to penalize models for their political affiliations. I may not necessarily agree with what Grace or (potentially) Taylor believe, but that does not give me any right to "cancel" them for their opinions, as much as I may want to. Irina is a different story because she openly praised Trump as a candidate, rather than the political party he supposedly represents. 

I've said it before, but I hope that Lily gets a send-off (as Alessandra should have this year) at this year's fashion show. Behati should just say is retired already. I'd be fine if Martha and Stella exited. That leaves Adriana, Candice, Elsa, Jasmine, Josephine, Lais, Romee, Sara, and Taylor. I would only accept a new Angel if that line-up diminished significantly. 

I would not worry so much about the fashion show bringing in less viewers, since all networks are witnessing significant drops in viewership in the first place. The real issue is the business itself. Products are overpriced, for quality that is not the same as it was in years past. VS needs to reorganize their stores and lower their prices if they want to continue to be a lingerie giant. 

Vs don’t even use Adriana or Candice and it’s obvious Candice isn’t going to be used they tried making a comeback in 2017 but that didn’t work either the brand itself is an issue 

I've heard of the video mentioned alottt and the way it's done always had me kinda sus that those referencing it dont actually care about the contents but were more:
"I don't like Taylor but also don't posess enough EI yet to cope with having strong opinions on public figures so I'm going to default to bringing this up because checkmate" 

Like it's never sincerely discussed or brought up it just gets whipped up in heated arguments by people I kinda knew wanted Taylor gone. 

(Cherry on the cake to hear now that 99% probably never even watched the video....)

Anyway after hearing about this video so much it's really interesting to see the thing/get some context of where it came from. 
Not commenting on the content but it is very different to what was described to me ...
I hope this comment doesn't come under politics - I mean it more about how people 'used' the video as opposed to any judgement call on the content:

So I'm gonna 100% change the topic because I'm noticing a really awful trend with VS. Something we all probably knew but it's become too much recently. We all know Erin Heatherton said VS kept pressuring her to lose weight and she was miserable with the brand, some people (including myself, sadly) gave her a lot of shit for her comments and said she was being a bitch because she got fired.

However, a while back Vita shared her own story without mentioning VS. She said she had been pressured to loose weight and was unhealthy as fuck, she didn't mention VS but the pictures she used to reference that time are form her peak days with the brand.

She's obviously gained back weight and is looking better than ever but VS hasn't worked with her at all again. And today i realized Bridget Malcom's weight struggles also matches her time frame with VS, her "me at my worst" pictures are all from her peak time with VS 

She's gained weight back ever since, but she also seems to be done with VS and she didn't get cast for last year's show eithe. We've always knowutn models get pressured to drop lbs but it seems to be truly the worst with VS, they are literally putting women's health in risk :no:  We all have seen a lot of Angels drop weight as soon as they sign with the brand (Bee and Elsa probably being the most notorious in recent years) this is just a little too much and it's not okay at all

Another reason I think VS needs new management. They acquire girls who are genetically perfect, then try and dwindle them down into emaciated stick figures. Vita easily has one of the best bodies in SI rn, but she looked like a skeleton in her VS days. Same with Bridget Malcolm. Erin was the biggest mistake they made, since she had one of the best bodies in the business, but they constantly pressured her to lose more and more weight. The body that both girls featured above is sickly and, to be quite honest, is in no way appealing as a lingerie model, in my opinion. 

I honestly don't follow Bregje so I don't know if she has been struggling with her weight and such, but I wouldn't be surprised. I only noticed about Bridget's story also matching her time with VS today. It's just so bad, I've heard many stories of girls who got asked by VS to drop weight but I never thought it was this bad, especially in Vita's case she looks so gorgeous now and when you look at ther pictures from her VS days it's just cringy, she was all skin and bones :no: 

This needs to stop, they can't keep fucking with people's lives like this.

I feel like I remember Bridget actively defending her body at the time and arguing with people commenting on her weight, so the body dysmorphia that sets in to these girls from the pressure from these brands (VS is obviously an offender, but it’s a systematic problem in the entire industry) is real. 

I think Kelly Gale is another example of it. She missed a show, and turned into a complete gym junkie, obsessed with diet restrictions and multiple workouts a day. 

7 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I feel like I remember Bridget actively defending her body at the time and arguing with people commenting on her weight, so the body dysmorphia that sets in to these girls from the pressure from these brands (VS is obviously an offender, but it’s a systematic problem in the entire industry) is real. 

I think Kelly Gale is another example of it. She missed a show, and turned into a complete gym junkie, obsessed with diet restrictions and multiple workouts a day. 

+1. Was just gonna mention Kelly Gale, after not being casted for the 2015 show, she became an obsessive gym rat to the point it became very unhealthy. VS really needs to change their management and the incredibly unattainable standards for their models ASAP! The “stick figure” look does NOT translate well on the runway or for shoots and makes it look like prepubescent 12 yo girls trying on lingerie than sexy, grown women putting on a burlesque-esq show for you:actor: this brand has srsly become a joke now 

Blanca’s also hinted at it- when she made her comments about Gigi, she referenced how strict VS’s standards were about weight and body images and that no other girl would have been casted looking like Gigi did her first year, and it’s not like Gigi was insanely out of shape. 

and what i don't understand is..VS IS NOT HF AND NEVER WILL BE but they keep casting hf models and they want all the models to be like this...there's a reason hf brands want the models to be really skinny ( even if i don't like it and is a bit too much sometimes) but with lingerie is not the same, at all.