Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

This has nothing to do with diversity. VS has ALWAYS used the blondes more for Spring/Summer and the brunettes for Fall/Winter, it's a pattern and it's been this way for years, I have no idea why they do it, I agree VS in general needs a more diverse crowd but this commercial is the last reason why. Put your race card down folks

I don’t even think it’s a seasonal thing- like Siemgi said- Dream Angels is always three blondes. Is it kind of a tone deaf choice to not shake things up in a era of embracing diversity? Yeah, for sure but I don’t think you can point at one commercial and go “racism!!” 

This Miami shoot actually had more WOC than VS usually uses, thanks to the inclusion of non-Angels. Gizele, Lais, Jasmine, Cindy, Herieth. Hopefully we get more shots of these women, especially the non-Angels because it is really refreshing to see some fresh faces. (Especially Herieth, who hasn’t had any shots released yet!)

It is seasonal tho, if you notice it's always blondes fronting the spring/summer campaigns and then the brunettes get to front the fall/winter campaigns, even back in the 00's and early 10's you'd see more of Karolina and Marisa during spring/summer and then Adriana and Alessandra would take over fall/winter. Christmas catalogs are usually more brunette filled than the summer catalogs or the Siwm catalogs back in the day.

I think it's probably because the blondes look better in the pastel and light colors and the brunettes look better in the dark and bright colors. It's not racism or rocket science tbh

Spring/Summer lines commercials

Fall/Winter lines commercials 

First of all, I didn't mention racism. I just think that when there are 3 blonde women very similar in a commercial it's far from representing the diversity of women in general. I know the brand is making some efforts for diversity. but I think this group for a commercial is a mistake, no matter the excuse of the usual for the season ... But sorry if you think it's not a problem to see this nowadays.

9 hours ago, elfstone said:

^This year OTOH,   I'm not sure if people outside of BZ will be able to tell that its three different blondes.

you're right, for the general public just one of these women would have been enough.

1 hour ago, Fuka said:

First of all, I didn't mention racism. I just think that when there are 3 blonde women very similar in a commercial it's far from representing the diversity of women in general. I know the brand is making some efforts for diversity. but I think this group for a commercial is a mistake, no matter the excuse of the usual for the season ... But sorry if you think it's not a problem to see this nowadays.

+1 

I used to think Taylor was ugly, then I got used to her lips and nose (what I didn't like about her face) and now I'm back to thinking she's not too attractive.

Idk if it's because of the bangs or these pictures just don't make her look good?

IDK it's Vs, they've been fucking up everything for me recently. I still like their products, though. 

Pointless thoughts, but that's what was in my brain right now 

8 hours ago, Fuka said:

It's not a problem because it has nothing to do with race. It's like complaining because they only had brunettes in the Scandalous campaign. I'm the first one in general to say VS needs more diversity indeed but it feels like the complains are always regarding the blondes yet no one bats an eye when it's three brunettes in a campaign. Would you call it a mistake if the commercial was Cindy, Lais and Jasmine? I bet no, and if someone said "there are 3 black women very similar in a commercial" you would 100% lose your shit and call it racism, even tho that it wouldn't represent the diversity of women in general either.

It's not a problem to this because it's one commercial, one of like 10+ commercials VS does every year. It would be a problem if this was happening in most of their commercials which frankly isn't the case. 

2 hours ago, Diorsfashion said:

Some of you guys so fake you want diversity then complain when there is diversity but when there isn’t diversity you’ll complain aswell you be like but where’s Martha they use lais to much omggg!!!!! Always complaining 

Literally no one is complaining about too much diversity or asking where Martha is because Lais is being overused o.o If anything people are wondering about Martha (and other Angels) because they have been barely working with VS lately and that usually means they are getting the chop, especially this time of the year when VS announces changes in the lineup. Maybe you're the one reading way too much into what other people are saying :idk: 

Now moving on from that. I think it's pretty safe to assume the lineup ain't changing this year, March is over already and there's no announcements either way from people being signed or leaving the brand, so Behati is the one who remains a mystery and god only knows how what will happen with her. I did notice Candice was featured in the Angel stories videos with some old footage, same for Lily and even Adriana, but there's literally one shot of Behati and nothing else so that's odd.

The NA weren’t announced until the very last week of April, so it’s still possible there’s some lineup changes coming, but I don’t think any of the NA will be leaving, and I’m starting to think they’re not adding anyone either. They’ve all shot in the last month or so. 

If there are changes I would suspect it being Bee (she seems so over VS and modelling as a whole) or Lily (she hasn’t shot since November as far as I can tell) departing. Candice I’m iffy on- could go either way with her after her pregnancy. 

2 hours ago, skrivermodel said:

Saw this on instagram today!

© xoxo.vspink

Thanks! I saw this on Gizele’s story today. Looks like the US got a different coupon book than Canada did, so these are new to me. Hopefully we get the pictures in better quality eventually.