Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I still remember a time when Angeldom was coveted/the pinnacle of one’s modelling career and those who turned down the Angel contract were thought of as crazy.

I bet Barbara Palvin for Agent Provocateur will be sexier than anything Victoria’s Secret releases this spring.

2 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I still remember a time when Angeldom was coveted/the pinnacle of one’s modelling career and those who turned down the Angel contract were thought of as crazy.

I bet Barbara Palvin for Agent Provocateur will be sexier than anything Victoria’s Secret releases this spring.

I mean...did you see the Spring collection video Pink posted on the previous page? :ninja: 

Edit: It’s two pages back now. 

12 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I mean...did you see the Spring collection video Pink posted on the previous page? :ninja: 

Edit: It’s two pages back now. 

Thanks for the tip! I do remember re-reading the title to make sure that it didn’t say “spring break” because the thumbnail looked like a promo for PINK. It’d be just Victoria’s Secret’s style to have these grown women do the cutesy stuff like they are still going on a spring break and their lives consist of taking pictures of themselves with their friends for social media.

From the Earnings Commentary for 2018

Turning to 2018, we are very focused on improving performance in the Victoria’s Secret business … staying close to our customer, improving the customer experience in stores and online and improving our assortment through compelling new product launches.

We expect to report a total company February comp increase in the low-tomid-single digit range, consisting of a low-single digit increase at Victoria’s Secret and a mid-single digit increase at Bath & Body Works.  We expect the total company merchandise margin rate to be down in February.

Fourth quarter results at Victoria’s Secret were below our expectations.  While we continue to see positive signs from newer product launches and strong growth in our digital business, traffic levels in stores continue to be negative, as we continue to build back our customer base.

Fourth quarter sales for the Victoria’s Secret segment were $2.669 billion, and comp sales decreased 1%, including a 6% decline in store comps. Total digital sales, on a 14 to 13 week basis, increased by 20% (up 15% on a 14 to 14 week basis).

The total segment gross margin rate decreased by 80 basis points, driven by a decline in the merchandise margin rate.  The merchandise margin rate decline was principally the result of the Holiday reward card, which successfully drove a margin dollar increase, but was incremental to last year, and increased promotional and free shipping offers in the digital channel.

SG&A expense deleveraged, driven by increased marketing expense, principally as a result of incremental direct mail.

Operating income declined to $456.5 million, and the rate decreased by 200 basis points.

In the lingerie business, we continue to make progress. In spring, go-forward comps were down high-single digits, and in the fall were down mid-single digits.  

Specific to fourth quarter performance, comps were down mid-single digits.

Constructed bra comps were up. Newer constructed-bra launches, including Sexy Illusions, Angel Max, Dream Angels and T-shirt bra, contributed to these results. They met plan at launch and continue to perform.

Total bra AUR increased in the fourth quarter. However, lingerie bra comps decreased in total driven by a decline in unconstructed and Sport bra performance, lapping last year’s deep discounts in this category.  

Panty comps were flat. The reset of “5 for,” our largest panty category, drove non-red-line sales growth 12 out of the 14 weeks year over year. We achieved this result by leveraging our read and react model, particularly in the velvet, Lacie and Illusion franchises.

That said, this growth was offset by softness in the “3 for” and single-ticket panty businesses, which we are resetting in 2018.

Adjacent categories of sleep and sport apparel were up in total driven by sport apparel.

As we look forward to 2018, we are confident in our pipeline of newness and launches, especially in core bras, panties and Sport.

In addition to resetting product, we are focused on attracting, engaging and retaining high-value, dual-channel customers.  We will continue delivering brand-accretive customer relationship marketing to grow the customer base.  

Above all, we are confident in our team. New leadership is now in place and together we are focused on delivering our plan for growth.

Turning to PINK, comps were up slightly in the fourth quarter, as growth in the bra and panty business was partially offset by a decline in loungewear.   

We had hits and misses within PINK loungewear. The gifting, bling and velvet categories met our plan expectations, while the balance of lounge missed.  We are leveraging the speed capabilities we have within the assortment to adjust and chase back into what’s working, and will see the first results of that effort in mid-April.

Beauty delivered a strong fourth quarter performance … comps increased in the mid-single digit range.  The customer responded to focus, fashion and newness in the assortment and we remained agile, adjusting promotional activity to optimize results.

PINK Beauty is a priority for us in 2018 … the new assortment launched in early February and we are pleased with customer response.

For the full year 2017, sales decreased 5% to $7.387 billion, and comps decreased 8%.  Exited categories had a 5 point negative impact to full-year comps.

Operating income declined 23% to $932.3 million.  The operating income rate decline of 290 basis points was primarily driven by buying and occupancy and SG&A expense deleverage.  The merchandise margin rate decreased slightly.

Yeah I've noticed Grace is everywhere right now. She's getting more work than most of the NA tbh.... 
I hope VS can hold onto her purely because I want the angel lineup to be impressive again :sad:

I noticed lameka was in VS offices in February. She doesn't do any shoots yet though right? But they seem to like her alot for promotional material/single her out sometimes. 
Wondering if anything happens with maggie/alannah/lameka or alecia(?) etc this year/next for pink. 

4 hours ago, VSDiaries said:

Yeah I've noticed Grace is everywhere right now. She's getting more work than most of the NA tbh.... 
I hope VS can hold onto her purely because I want the angel lineup to be impressive again :sad:

I noticed lameka was in VS offices in February. She doesn't do any shoots yet though right? But they seem to like her alot for promotional material/single her out sometimes. 
Wondering if anything happens with maggie/alannah/lameka or alecia(?) etc this year/next for pink. 

Considering how the seemed keen to give her some spotlight in 2016 and brought her back for 2017, I would assume that Lameka would be one of their new favorites that they tried to build up. However, I think her comments about Gisele that resurfaced after she booked her first show set her back a little. She also scored less high fashion campaigns this year, as opposed to when she had just broken out for VS. Perhaps they are looking at her to be a featured PINK girl and eventual mainline? I personally would drop Maggie and focus more on Zuri, Alecia, Lameka, Alanna, and Myrthle, plus Grace whenever she has the time. They all are so diverse and bring so much spunk to the brand. VS should get Jessie Li to do PINK, that would be amazing!

Grace is smart girls. She is getting super model status .No new angel can do it. VS exe will try to hold her in lfew year. So I think she will have Miranda type contract. Taylor can't compete with Grace. But she didn't have popular like Grace. 

30 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

wtf are CGI models and why do they exist

Because science, computer and engineering technologies are awesome and new advances are made daily?
Computer engineered models are creeping into the modeling industry and are starting to get campaigns/editorials and acknowledgement from the fashion industry as being the next step in fashion. It's a win win for fashion. Companies can create their ideal looking men and women for work, not have to worry about paying for the models, just the creation of the model at a fraction of the price, and then get rid of the model on a whim, no hurt feelings, no angry managers, no labor laws, no sexual harassment worries, and the CGI models can move and bend in ways that actual models just can't creating more dynamic pictures.
As the CGI  becomes more and more realistic, the possibilities will be endless.  These CGI models are gaining so many followers on IG that they are sometimes more popular than the actual models..  Give it enough time and tweaks to the coding, and CGI actors will also become a thing.

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

wtf are CGI models and why do they exist

Because nothing will tell you how the good the clothes will look on you than comparing yourself to a CGI image;

Because body expectations IRL are already so high  than nothing better to use a computerized images to make it even worse;

Because the lack of creativity is so bad that they need to create models in the hopes that the clothes will look at least a little bit inovationg and captivating;
Because photoshop isn't enough already..

(can you tell that I think that CGI modelling is bs?)

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Because nothing will tell you how the good the clothes will look on you than comparing yourself to a CGI image;

Because body expectations IRL are already so high  than nothing better to use a computerized images to make it even worse;

Because the lack of creativity is so bad that they need to create models in the hopes that the clothes will look at least a little bit inovationg and captivating;
Because photoshop isn't enough already..

(can you tell that I think that CGI modelling is bs?)

DAMN.

100% accurate

It was a smart move from Barbara to get a contract from Agent Provocateur. She is so sexy.. far sexier than ANY NA right now. It was a silly thing from VS not get her as an angel in 2012-2013 - then she would be now as big as Candice for them and since Barbara is so popular the brand would not have any problem with the angels...