Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

8 hours ago, Kiara 113 said:

Who was this girl?? Vita maybe?

"One model said she hadn’t yet finished high school when her agent took her to a fashion party in New York City where adults gave her cocaine and alcohol — a vodka soda, her agent specified, because “that wouldn’t make me fat.”

At the end of the night, the model’s agent allegedly asked Kadel to put the stumbling teenager in a cab. Kadel did, but he jumped in the car, too, and directed the driver to a hotel. Once there, the model said, he pushed her against a wall, pulled off her clothes, and had sex with her. She spoke to her agent the next day.

“I told her what happened, and I was crying and upset,” the model recalled. “She convinced me that what happened was a good thing and hopefully my career would benefit from it.”

The agent also instructed her not to tell anyone because, she said, Kadel worked with major brands and magazines and complaining about him would hurt her chances of making it big.

Indeed, Kadel helped the teenager land gig after gig with Victoria’s Secret, all while subjecting her to ongoing harassment, she said, until she refused to work with him — a move that she says effectively ended her relationship with the lingerie empire."

OMG - this is awful. :'(

I don't want to undermine anyone's experience, but being raped is completely different than being uncomfortable on set. 

I feel sorry for whichever girl experienced this and hope the guy ends in a long-time prison.

2 hours ago, *Luna* said:

If all of this is true then I hope whoever is involved in this situation will get punished for it and get the treatment they need, but whatever happend to being innocent until proven guilty? Where is the proof that he/all the others involved did all these things? I find it odd how everyone seems to automatically jump to conclusions and think everything that has been said is true. I’m not trying to take sides or anything btw but it’s quite worrying how lately anyone who gets accused of something is automatically considered guilty even when there isn't any proof.

That's one negative to the 'times up' and me too movements and hopefully no one is being falsely accused. It's amazing to see people standing up and calling out the creeps/criminals of the industry. Don't forget in most of these situations there are many witnesses to back up the story. I have no doubt in my mind that Ed Razek absolutely knew what was happening and if he didn't, he really needs to pay more attention!

7 hours ago, Sanni said:

If Ed was talking about her when he talked about some model not being cast in the VS show because of partying too hard, it’d be such a low-blow from Ed.

10 hours ago, Clauds said:

Im 99% sure the model is Barbara Palvin and this would explain why she went from nearly an Angel to completely MIA in a matter of months. IIRC all her shoots for VS designer collection were with Kadel and she was 18 at the time meaning she had just finished high school ... We also know Barbara went through a phase of hard partying so that adds up too. 

OMG Yes, you are really right poor Barbara. What an ****ole agent!!! I'm glad she left VS then!!!! Ed is horrible!!

Can someone tell me where I can see on the Swim Special 2016 that David B touching the models inappropriately because I tried to find it but I cant.

There's one part (around the 2/3) when he is taking photos about Sara topless on the beach and Sara tells the camera "How much it's important to have chemistry  with the photographer(David B), to feel yourself comfortable and safe".... 

3 hours ago, hannah_j112 said:

That's one negative to the 'times up' and me too movements and hopefully no one is being falsely accused. It's amazing to see people standing up and calling out the creeps/criminals of the industry. Don't forget in most of these situations there are many witnesses to back up the story. I have no doubt in my mind that Ed Razek absolutely knew what was happening and if he didn't, he really needs to pay more attention!

It is good that people are speaking up but lately it seems like literally every man alive has been accused of inappropriate behavior... I’m not saying no one hasn’t doing anything wrong or inappropriate because I’m sure it has happend, as it does in every industry, but to me it seems people have forgotten that there's a huge difference between someone flirting with you and asking you out (just an example) or actually harassing you and doing (sexually) inappropriate things.

I've seen it happen so many times, a guy shows interest in a woman (in a nice, respectful way) and she's not interested (fine, of course she's allowed not to be interested in someone) yet sometimes the woman reacts in a totally irrational way and gets very aggressive and when the guy gets pissed AFTER getting thrown all kinds of ugly words at him, he still gets blamed and she's the victim. Doesn't make much sense imo. If you're not interested you can just say so but in a normal way. Lots of people seem to think that being aggressive and rude is the only way to make themselves clear.

If there are so many witnesses in this case then I hope they all come forward and actually have some proof because this also wouldn’t be the first time someone gets accused of something only to find out later thay he/she is completely innocent and that the  accuser made up the whole story. If he did something wrong and crossed the line, then sure, he should definitely get punished for it, but what a lot of people seem to forget is that someone’s life can be ruined by these type of accusations, even when they haven’t done anything wrong. If someone accused you of something you didn’t do I’m sure you’d like to have the opportunity to defend yourself and show that you’re innocent, right? People hear/read something now and automatically jump to conclusions and say all kinds of things that might not even be true.  AGAIN, just to be clear: I'm not saying there aren't men/women who do wrong things, there are absolutely many of them, way too many actually, however, lately people can't seem to see the difference between what's wrong and what isn't. 

What did Taylor say? I’m so lost!

Also I must say amidst all the models/actresses coming forward to expose these powerful men, Idk I just thought it weird that the Angels were so quiet and never stood up to corroborate anyone’s story at the least. I saw them liking those #TimesUp posts on IG and I wondered if they’ve managed to go unscratched in an industry as corrupt as fashion. Surly I’m sure at least some of them have horror stories and I wished they’d contribute by sharing them to add weight to what other models who are not even in their caliber are saying 

30 minutes ago, Corner said:

What did Taylor say? I’m so lost!

Bellemere called her out after the article was published. So, it basically exposed that she was one of the Angels who got VS to stop hiring him:

Bellemere’s behavior is so well-known that two agents told the Spotlight Team they stopped sending models to shoot with him years ago. But only in the fall of 2016 did Victoria’s Secret cut ties with him. That move came after several of its highly paid contract models, known as “Angels,” complained about his inappropriate touching and kissing.

Bellemere said Victoria’s Secret never explained the decision to him. Any physical contact with models was the result of “pushing the girl to pose, directing,” he explained. “I do it to get the best picture. It’s not harassment.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/02/16/beauty-and-ugly-truth/c7r0WVsF5cib1pLWXJe9dP/story.html

In a way, it’s a good thing Bellemere posted that picture of Taylor with a vague threat. Victims are expected to come forward and share their story (which won’t always be believed) despite the repercussions they almost certainly will suffer because of it. Taylor wasn’t even quoted yet Bellemere immediately went after her as retaliation.

10 hours ago, Clauds said:

We don't know if he was talking about Barbara back then, and even if it was I doubt he knew about the abuse. Kadel may have just lied about it and be like she's a bitch and really hard to work with and stuff along those lines. And the fact that VS decided to cut ties with both Kadel and Bellemere to make the models feel more comfortable tells me that they actually do care about that kind of things, so i doubt Ed would say that abour Barbs if he was aware of the whole thing

And the more I think about it, the more it does seem like the Kadel girl is Barbara. Does anyone know if she used to have a female agent and switched agents? She's always been with IMG but if she did change agents then it's pretty much confirmed it was her, either way this whole story is disgusting I hope both these pigs go to jail and rot there. 

Yeah, Ed is a friend of all of the models so I wouldnt think he would go against them, we may joke about his weird relationship with them, but he probably enables a really confortable experience on set for them. 

14 hours ago, Clauds said:

Im 99% sure the model is Barbara Palvin and this would explain why she went from nearly an Angel to completely MIA in a matter of months. IIRC all her shoots for VS designer collection were with Kadel and she was 18 at the time meaning she had just finished high school ... We also know Barbara went through a phase of hard partying so that adds up too. 

I also immediately thought of Barbara when I read the article ! Honestly I hope justice gets made with this whole situation, we are talking about non-consensual sex !

8 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Not trying to defend Bellemere but just a general question, how does him (or anyone) telling/showing a person to put their arm in a certain position imply he's into S&M? I really don't see the connection.

You have to see the difference in that for example Steve Shaw or Russell James deal with the models. I have not seen any of them handling the models freely as Bellemere does, it is totally unnecessary

6 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Not trying to defend Bellemere but just a general question, how does him (or anyone) telling/showing a person to put their arm in a certain position imply he's into S&M? I really don't see the connection.

It seems that the way he does it makes it into a situation that comes across like the model is being put into a submissive role. He isn’t simply demonstating how he wants her to pose by doing the pose himself or describing it to her.

Also, a photographer posing his models to that extent seems unusual to me. Many seem to let models move in front of the camera freely in order to capture a moment.

4 minutes ago, almanaotemcor said:

You have to see the difference in that for example Steve Shaw or Rusell James deal with the models. I have not seen any of them handling the models freely as Bellemere does, it is totally unnecessary

True, but each photographer has a different way of working and I'd think that if Bellemere has acted so badly and inappropriate with all of VS's models, VS would've stopped working with him much sooner. VS has always been very clear about making sure the models are comfortable.

An example, several models have said how amazing Russell is and how he is very nice and not inappropriate at all towards the models, which is of course a reason why so many people love to work with him... If all of this really happened the way it's been described then I don't understand why it took so long for VS to cut ties with Bellemere.

4 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

True, but each photographer has a different way of working and I'd think that if Bellemere has acted so badly and inappropriate with all of VS's models, VS would've stopped working with him much sooner. VS has always been very clear about making sure the models are comfortable.

An example, several models have said how amazing Russell is and how he is very nice and not inappropriate at all towards the models, which is of course a reason why so many people love to work with him... If all of this really happened the way it's been described then I don't understand why it took so long for VS to cut ties with Bellemere.

Because for a person who was sexually harassed it is not easy to talk about it, especially if you work in this industry as VS girls who depend totally on their agencies. It can also be from embarrassment or fear that someone does not believe them. Not to mention that many women consider it "normal" for a guy to come and grope them, since for years it has been seen on television as several men take advantage of their power to inappropriately touch women.

6 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

The whole point is that Russell James is different from other photographers. He seems to operate under a friend/big brother code and doesn’t try to foster a sexually charged connection with the models he shoots.